TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Rain On Your Parade

Level 10,000 achieved

Rain On Your Parade

Our boy Yakoob released a new game today, but he is TOO HUMBLE to make a thread about it, so I will!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...n_Your_Parade/

It's out on Steam, and XBox Gamepass, and Switch, and who knows what else. And it's getting some pretty dang good reviews too! If you don't wanna click on that link but still wanna hear a review, here's mine: it's GOOD. I laughed out loud several times while playing through the beta a while back. And now that it's done and doesn't even have any bugs whatsoever I bet it's even FUNNIER.

Go play Yakoob's game, folks. It's a good one.

Haha thank you for the shout out Past few days have been honestly pretty hectic and stressful with early reviews rolling in and lots of last minute things, but I think all the early player impressions have been really positive so it's starting to put my mind at ease a little.

P.s. there is a stealth level for the TTLG taffer crew

Big huge congrats Yakoob!!! I can't wait to play it this weekend BUT IT BETTER BE AS GOOD AS HENKE SAYS

Level 10,000 achieved
    Was just listening to the latest RPS podcast ep and ROYP got a mention!

https://soundcloud.com/rockpapershot...pecial#t=49:26

verbose douchebag
    Ok, I just laughed aloud at one of the game concepts* from the mention in the RPS podcast, so I have to play this.

*Tumbleweed

Congrats on your newest baby, Yakoob!

Congrats on the release, 'koob! The game is a keeper. -b

Wow nice one Yakoob! I'll be giving this a play later on, looks fun!

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Congrats on your newest baby, Yakoob!

(someone tweeted this at us)

Rain On Your Parade ☁️ already has over 150,000 players thanks to Xbox Game Pass

Say, just what kind of indie studio are you? Those aren't indie numbers!

Seriously, congratulations.

I cuddled up with a friend and we took turns playing RoyP levels, slotting about ten in before our usual weekly anime watching. Unfortunately he is very much not a gamer, and he had trouble despite the game being so easygoing. Next week I'll probably handle the twitchy levels and let him do the puzzle ones. Anyway, he laughed at something in almost every dialogue, so that part was a success.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Rain On Your Parade ☁️ already has over 150,000 players thanks to Xbox Game Pass

Say, just what kind of indie studio are you? Those aren't indie numbers!

Seriously, congratulations.

Hehe, it's over 200k now :P

You know, it totally blows my expectations, BUT on the other hand I'm wondering how good that really is compared to other GamePass games? I mean, you effectively throw a "free" game at 20+ million people, isn't that just what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Fox View Post
    I cuddled up with a friend and we took turns playing RoyP levels, slotting about ten in before our usual weekly anime watching. Unfortunately he is very much not a gamer, and he had trouble despite the game being so easygoing. Next week I'll probably handle the twitchy levels and let him do the puzzle ones. Anyway, he laughed at something in almost every dialogue, so that part was a success.
    Aww so glad to hear! Yeah I kind of wanted it to be like a Pixar or Disney of games, a game where both adults and kids can play and enjoy for different reasons We've been getting tons of parents tweeting at us so I feel like I did a good job

P.S. And it makes me SO happy to hear you like the dialogue. I did Headliner before which is like polar opposite, so this is my first attempt at "comedy" writing!

verbose douchebag

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oh god that reminds me of how Yakoob was gonna call the game "Pissin' Cloud" until we all shouted at you to call it ANYTHING ELSE.

I still think my original title suggestion "SOAKS 2 B U" would've been made this an EVEN BIGGER HIT tho.