TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Second City Bank and Trust 17/04/21

T2 FM Second City Bank and Trust 17/04/21

Hey here's my second FM, it is a classic T2 stealth style mission. Some sections could still use some work but I just don't have the time. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks to the testers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bhu...ew?usp=sharing

http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thi...on/Bank1.4.zip
    Last edited by ApeBeard; 19th Apr 2021 at 04:36.

Thank you. Downloading now.

downloading now

second play through 9/10 secrets

i liked the mission,felt like life of the party,bank map from thief 2 and a pinch of ware house mission from thief 2

great job on mission

thank you for adding dewdrop
    Last edited by downwinder; 19th Apr 2021 at 14:10.

New mission, awesome! Thanks

Thank you Apebeard.

Finkelberry's was an excellent first mission, so kind of expect a lot from this.

Edit: Yes! It's a thieves highway/rooftop mission in the style of LotP, well it starts off that way. Nice one Apebeard.
    Last edited by fortuni; 17th Apr 2021 at 15:26.

i can't find a way ahead, after visiting the guy with the telescope und getting the window key. all other balconies have been visited. must i go down to street?

Mission beaten in 2 hours 12 min, I collected 4530 loot and found only 3 secrets and Deposit key #6. Later I did city exploration and found 2 more secrets and Deposit key #3 and 8. No idea where is the rest. That's a pretty nice mission. City part gives me LotP vibe, Bank while using some rooms from First City Bank and Trust, has tight security, which reminds me a bit of Art of Thievery. I really liked how tough it was to proceed, especially in Vault. I have few questions:

1. In 1st room of basement is valve. I couldn't figure out what it does?
    2. In the same room and couple of others are ladders leading to unfrobbable hatch. Is it possible to open this hatch?
    3. Is it possible to disable every watcher in Bank? I managed to disable couple with control panels, but the rest is still active.
    4. Is Vault door should close when player is in front of them? I thought it should stay open for 30 seconds and I was pretty fast when running to them and jumping into fountain to make shortcut.

Good job! I played with pleasure!

Just a nice straightforward mission: go forth-forth-forth until you get what you came for, and then go back-back-back. Nothing puzzling or unexpected.
    I'm experimenting with writing walkthroughs but stopped making notes in the middle of the mission -- this FM doesn't need a walkthrough.

no i#m in the haouse with the pool and teh masks. i have neough loot, but the other two goals i haven't achieved.

where must i go on?

Keeping going north, search the kitchen

I'm unable to find any of the other Deposit keys and feel quite stupid. DoN#t have enough loot to complete the mission.

i stuck in the area with the cmaera eye and the robot behind the metal grid

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    this FM doesn't need a walkthrough.
    And what if a player gets stuck? Want's to find all the loot? Needs to find that all important key?

Don't worry taffers, I'm making one as play, nearly done, but won't post it for at least a month as per usual, but if you request I'll PM you with it, should be finished by end of day.

@ Radogoal, check out the windows in the Mechanist building.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    And what if a player gets stuck?
    I don't see how anyone can stuck here. I mean seriously -- more-than-10-minutes-stuck -- stuck. But the full loot/keys/secret list may be useful. But that is out of my practice and interest...

It's amazing how often players can't see something, even when it's right in front of them. Wouldn't be surprised if it's happened to you as well.

Having said all of the above the few 'read only' walks you have produced have been excellent, so yes please carry on making them, not everyone like my style of walks, short snappy bullet points is very much appreciated.

Saturnyne are you playing on expert? I tried to make the loot goals pretty reasonable. I think it's probably possible to complete without any key finding, though it would require thorough loot finding, which would probably nab you a few keys. You could also possibly have missed several areas in the city section though it's pretty linear. I did want to avoid anyone being in the position you are in tbh.

Radagoal: There are several options to get over the fence. The tower jump is the intended route but you can open the gate (with arrow) Or creative use of vine arrows will also work

Galaer:
    1: It opens a portcullis
    2: No
    3: Not without gratuitous violence, Some of them don't have a switch largely for gameplay reasons I suppose
    4:The vault door will close after the time regardless of the players position.

Yeah the mission is largely designed to be easy to play and fun. But as you can see, people still have troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    if it's happened to you as well.
    It did. I'm just telling that I(!) won't write a walkthrough for this FM. I'm not trying to stop you(!) from doing it.

ApeBeard, yes, i'm playing on expert. I'm counting 6 smaller buildings i entered before the larger mansion and eventually the bank, excluding the tower with the bowguard on it.

edit: while counting in game i found the passage to the warehouse... Let's see if that gets me anywhere.

edit2: So i also found a secret in the mansion and just got the loot objective. Rarely i'm this bad at a Thief mission 1/10 secrets, no keys, ouch

Nice mission nonetheless. Would have liked some more visual detail in the rooftop section.
    Last edited by Saturnyne; 18th Apr 2021 at 14:39.

There is no key 2

That was quite a challenge Apebeard, I was way off with the loot, missed 3 deposit keys and the vault itself takes precise timing to get in and out unscathed. I agree with Saturnyne that the mission could have been fleshed out a little, more furniture wise, but you did say you need to move on to other things. Overall a fun mission, tough in parts, and with a challenge to find all the keys and loot it gives a good few hours of decent thieving. Thank you.
    Last edited by fortuni; 18th Apr 2021 at 16:09.

This mission is a direct sequel to the First City Bank and Trust mission, great work!

Playing on Expert, and enjoying this. The only objectives left unchecked are the do not kill and the return objectives.

My problem is not getting stuck as such, but not getting the most I can out of the game. I'm still in the bank. I have only 3 deposit box keys, boxes 5, 6 and 7. I've emptied those. All other boxes are frobbable but not pickable. Are there keys for all the boxes? If so, any clues please?

I also have only 4 of 10 secrets, and 4,725 of 6,112 loot. And I thought I had checked everything carefully as I made my way to the bank. Obviously not!

OK, I've just rediscovered the note in Secure Records that tells you who has each depsot box. Incoveniently, I can't take this note with me, so I've had to write down what it says.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 19th Apr 2021 at 09:49.

The only key not present in game is for deposit box 2, you've got deposit box 5 in your inventory at the start of the mission (Mech key)

General Location Hints:
    Deposit Box 1: Warehouse
    Deposit Box 3: White Balcony apartment
    Deposit Box 4: Sleeping Guard's apartment
    Deposit Box 6: Nobles Mansion, in one of the bedrooms
    Deposit Box 7: Thief's Hideout
    Deposit Box 8: Telescope tower
    Deposit Box 9: Nobles Mansion, another bedroom

i am sad deposit box key 2 is not in game i was looking for alarus=legend

i though maybe a tomb hidden in map or something

over all i love the mission,even went to ground level only found one poor guard walking,i was expecting it to be benny :P

and there should have been a way to disable cameras in vault

rumor is 3rd city bank and trust is coming to auldale

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast