TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Little Surprise Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    What I think it is, going by the clues we have now, is art or assets or something from Thief 2 Gold swiped off the hard drives before everything was wiped during the great TTLG cataclysm otherwise known as "everybody's fired; go home".

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Oh, yeah! There was a lot of that being passed around back in the day. At one point I had an alpha of one of the new T2G missions, which took place in a mansion. I'm pretty sure I deleted it though, out of respect for LGS.

We're better off without them. The Gold missions made TDP a worse game, and the T2G missions would have done the same to TMA.

My favorite piece of LGS loot was a pre-alpha build of a new engine called "The Siege Engine," but I think that was just one employee's pet project, without managerial approval.
    Last edited by Anarchic Fox; 20th May 2021 at 12:56.

No, I think Siege was a real and official thing, created and used by LGS. I believe Deep Cover converted to it after initially being in Dark.

Edit: Here's a link to a thread here where an ex LGS guy actually released the Siege Engine (although the download link is broken now): https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142827

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Fox View Post
    We're better off without them. The Gold missions made TDP a worse game, and the T2G missions would have done the same to TMA.
    There's no real way to say that conclusively without finished missions in our hands. It's a pretty big jump to say that because they didn't work for TDP they automatically wouldn't work for TMA. I think its more likely they would have worked for TMA because of the way T2 was rushed out the door and shortcuts were taken (see Casing The Joint/Masks).

For the record, I like Thieves Guild and Mage Towers. Song of the Caverns not as much, but I think I'm in the minority there.
    Last edited by Brethren; 20th May 2021 at 17:11.

I was trying to justify the fact that I deleted the files.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    No, I think Siege was a real and official thing, created and used by LGS. I believe Deep Cover converted to it after initially being in Dark.

Edit: Here's a link to a thread here where an ex LGS guy actually released the Siege Engine (although the download link is broken now): https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142827
    https://www.darkfate.org/view/detail...s/siege_engine

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    You mean further development to the multiplayer that was added in New Dark v1.27 ?
    I somehow didn't catch that there's a mutiplayer beta since New Dark v.1.27 so: no.
    But now that I know, I still don't know enough about what state it's in, so we can change that to: pending.

The pre-New Dark multiplayer, which I used to play back in the day, was buggy but fine enough. So if it's at least that good, then that's enough to at least play it and have fun with it.

Unseen concept artwork and/or level ideas for a new Thief game that were in-progress at the time LGS closed?

Model of Constantine to add in-game

Not long to go now Demagogue you are very very close.

One last guess before the Big Day!
    Is it a collection of Romantic Novels based on popular FMs?

Good Lord, hopefully not! Although Schlock's name on the last cover seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Fox View Post
    I beg to differ. I felt the game was much better with the Gold Missions (even though I, personally, felt Thieves' Guild was horrible, at least they ATTEMPTED to give thieves their moment!).

lol

cant wait to see purgator reply

Its coming guys a lot of stuff is on the way i suggested to him to make a separate thread for each group of stuff, so it doesn't get overcrowded by posts.
    They will be coming in little bits at a time so be patient with us. Cheers guys

Nice - I thought the above was that long awaited surprise artwork...

Surprise

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
    A little surprise is coming on the 25th May stay tuned.
    Let's have it then, stop taffing around

Quote Originally Posted by Skulk View Post
    Let's have it then, stop taffing around
    Oh my god it says it's only half 7 in the morning, so sorry sir!

Oh God! Oh God! It's my 8th Birthday all over again!
    They never arrived. Never arrived. Warm cola, insect infested Mr. Kipling French Fancies and salty, salty tears.

Any idea when it's happening? Been checking in throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post

Chaos (me) is NOT an ex-LG staffer. It was passed onto me to release it eventually. By an actual EX-LG staffer.

Patiently waiting...

He is waiting for the moderator to approve him to the forums he is just waiting for that sorry for the delay.

Look for new threads - He already pasted an imgur link to some great content!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast