TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Updated] T2 FM: The Abandoned Castle V2

[Updated] T2 FM: The Abandoned Castle V2

MAIN-1

I heard a rumor at the bar in a town I visited last night about a castle nearby. The
    thieves I heard talking about it said that it is abandoned and that it had been for
    many years. I really have to check it out. It's empty, but not empty of loot
    apparently. It's a sunny day, why not take a walk up to the castle and clean it up a bit.

This is a rather linear old mission. But its very updated.
    Not much change in the objectives,
    but it looks and sounds better and fewer bugs.

Play Information
    Game : Thief 2: The Metal Age v 1.27
    Difficulty Settings : Yes
    Map : Yes (Blank)
    Language: English, German and Spanish (texts only)

Loading Information
    Tested with AngelLoader

Download

Visit Beltzer.nu for more FMs!

Cool! Love to make another run through it! Thanks Beltzer!

downloading now,thank you so much,cant wait to see new looks/sounds/etc

Thanks, Beltzer!

Your welcome. Hope you like this old one a little better

i liked it alot wow,the tunnels were way better under chapel also,tunnels in another area were very scary,the sound effects made me run garrett like a dog in that dark hallway tunnel

i played on normal as i always do expert and notice one thing wasent able to work on normal,but i would guess it does on expert the bloody page in girls room/use water arrow on it,on normal did not work

also on normal the lights were on in most of the mission ,i could have sworn on expert i was somehow able to shut lights off???

over all so much fun ,great job

i have a problem at the beginning . i see a wodden bar on the right side beside the great door of the castle. but if i use a rope arrow there Garret cannot climb up in this arrow

i read there should be a way on the east side with using the trees , but i cannot find a way . the two littele trees on the elft side of the way ? or other tress?
    Last edited by radogoal; 8th May 2021 at 03:57.

radogoal stand further away from the castle when you shoot your rope arrow, if your too close to the wall when the rope arrow sinks into the wood the arrow embeds into the wood at an acute angle and there is then not enough room between the wall and the rope hanging down to give Garrett a decent enough purchase on the rope. If the arrow is nearer 90% angle to the wood Garrett can grab the rope.
    Last edited by fortuni; 8th May 2021 at 06:30.

Playing on Expert. I only have one chess piece to use in the attic, which I found in a maze patrolled by semi-invisible guards. I have no idea where the other is. There's a large ornate lockbox in one of the owner floor bedrooms which I cannot open, which may be what I need to do, but I can't find a key. OK I found that key in the same room, but all I got was loot, so I'm still stuck without that second chess piece.

Edit again - I had already found the three scrolls and now I have discovered the fourth value of X, but I had to guess at the right sequence to use to get into the vault.

BTW, before I triggered the "change" in the chapel, I found a ramp in the basement which you could walk up and right through the barrier at the top and out into the grounds, but couldn't get back again. On that ramp is a wall switch which opened something but despite much searching I couldn't find what it was.

downwinder, on expert a water arrow does not clean that bloody book page in the nursery either.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 8th May 2021 at 06:10.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    radogoal stand further away from the castle when you shoot your rope arrow, if your too close to the wall when the rope arrow sinks into the wood the arrow embeds into the wood at an acute angle and there is then not enough room between the wall and the rope hanging down to give Garrett a decent enough purchase on the rope. If the arrow is nearer 90% angle to the wood Garrett can grab the rope.

PS. The hidden entrance on the east side of the castle does not exist in this version.
    soory i cannot manage this. i shot from way where the guards patrol, but Garrett cannot jump on the rope

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    soory i cannot manage this. i shot from way where the guards patrol, but Garrett cannot jump on the rope
    I found this difficult too, and it required several attempts. In the end I had to use two rope arrows, one into the top wooden rail of the balcony, and one into the wood surface below the rail. I was able to reach the lower one (there are crates if you need them), climb a bit, then jump onto the higher rope that got me over the rail.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    That's odd I don't have any problems, but if you can't get up there using Radogoal's method here's a save up on the balcony
    Last edited by fortuni; 8th May 2021 at 06:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I found a ramp in the basement which you could walk up and right through the barrier at the top and out into the grounds, but couldn't get back again. On that ramp is a wall switch which opened something but despite much searching I couldn't find what it was.
    That's the entrance from grounds, at the top of the stairs is a hatch (stones on one side, grass on the other) and it opens when I frob the lever, but it would appear it didn't with you but after having frobbed the lever you 'walked' through the hatch but can't get back through it as it's still officially closed.

For the code order: In the master bedroom, push one of the chess pieces "eye", then look in the other ones mouth.
    For the secret entrance on the right side of the castle: Look in the corner outside, for a loose brick.

The problem with that ramp is that I had put an unconscious thief on top of the doors, because there's no indication outside that the ramp doors exist. Also, the sound (which I now realise was the ramp doors opening) seemed to be coming from inside the house.

My next problem is the "find that office" objective won't tick off. I found the fourth value of X by rope arrowing up in a corridor and looking through a broken window. The door of that room is unfrobbable. Am I supposed to enter that room? I've completed all other objectives except leave and have already turned the girl to stone.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 8th May 2021 at 07:10.

Just read the letter under the office door.

What is the code for the big door in the tower? I have 4 equations but cannot figure out the sequence of numbers.

Thank you Beltzer I have enjoyed your missions and will give this a go today!!

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    What is the code for the big door in the tower? I have 4 equations but cannot figure out the sequence of numbers.
    I got stuck there too. See post #14.

The code to the round safe door (for those who made a mistake somewhere and don't feel like recount\recheck all this): 5429;

dml to fix loot issue and haunt, courtesy Glypher.

If you collect any of the loot in the real world castle after returning from the evil castle (once you have achieved loot objective), the mission finishes before you actually leave the castle (needed to remove goal_irreversible_9=1 from Quest Data) and the haunt carrying the tower key had over sensitive hearing and may go on patrol if alerted whilst your in the kitchen below, preventing players getting his key.

Code:
    DML1
    //T2 FM: The Abandoned Castle v2 by Beltzer / Fixes: miss20.mis.dml

//final goal
    +ObjProp 2522 "Scripts"
    {
       "Script 0" TrigContained
    }
    +Link 2522 1599 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 1599 "Scripts"
    {
       "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 1599 "TrapQVar"
    {
       "" =0:goal_irreversible_9
    }

//haunt
    +ObjProp 1941 "AI_Hearing"
    {
       "" Below Average
    }

Thanks fortuni.

I thought that I picked up the sword but it did not tick off and I can't kill the girl

I figures right after I posted I found it??

Beltzer this is amazing thank you!!
    Last edited by pwl; 8th May 2021 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I thought that I picked up the sword but it did not tick off and I can't kill the girl

I figures right after I posted I found it??

Beltzer this is amazing thank you!!
    I'm not sure if you found it, but the right sword is under a bed.
    Glad you liked it

Iīve just played V2 and gotta say I liked it even more than the first one! Already the castle grounds right at the beginning look so much better now and the additions are great like the rope arrows so I can rope up the balcony. If I remember correct in V1 there was no balcony and using a rope arrow to get up a balcony is alot more thievy than a tree as a switch if you ask me . Also the quality and how everything looks is even better than in V1, love it!

Am I correct that that the flying ghost in the attic wasnīt there in V1? At least I donīt remember it. That sure was creepy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast