TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TG FM - Whispers Below the Cobblestone (2021-05-13) - Updated to v1.1

Okay, I've made some progress now.

I'm in what I think is the Undercity (on Expert), but even with gamma set to max in Options it's really hard to see my way for navigation/exploration, because there are so many shadows which are unnaturally pitch black. It is possible to do anything about this?
    Last edited by Marbrien; 18th May 2021 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    Am stuck in the undercity:

there's a gate leading into a blue-bricked basement with a lockboxed gate I can't pick

there's a lever behind a lowered gate in front of metal double doors

Also, someone mentioned a ladder that's hard to see in the lower part of the undercity

Much appreciated.
    Whatever you found, please share. I have been running in circles in the undercity for a while now and can find no where to go..

Head to the lowest level of the underground city and you'll find a brick building in the NW corner (same building as that with the big lever on the other side of the gate you can't reach), it has a entrance porch and there's a ladder inside there.

Quote Originally Posted by RJS66 View Post
    Whatever you found, please share. I have been running in circles in the undercity for a while now and can find no where to go..
    If you go to the lowest part of the undercity (with a thief on a raised wooden platform with ladder), you should see another ladder very close by (turn up the gamma if necessary - it's quite hard to see).

Quote Originally Posted by RJS66 View Post
    I was stuck for really long, already had gem and shaman's hand. Turns out there is a separate passage up from the caves. One way goes up to engine room with dead mechanist and broken gratings, and another one to Hammerite's temple (this will eventually get you to Guldenburg place). Both start in the cave area near the toxic pond. One more thing, the upward tunnel had Burrick that got me frightened so much I had goosebumps. Almost had heart attack.

Anyway, a very good mission with grand undercity.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Head to the lowest level of the underground city and you'll find a brick building in the NW corner (same building as that with the big lever on the other side of the gate you can't reach), it has a entrance porch and there's a ladder inside there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    If you go to the lowest part of the undercity (with a thief on a raised wooden platform with ladder), you should see another ladder very close by (turn up the gamma if necessary - it's quite hard to see).
    Thank you both!! I actually stood there trying to figure out how to get up there. Looked all over for a crate I could pick up so I could mantle up to that next level. Cant believe I did not see that ladder.

thank you!.... and a well done lovely mission.

finished 3362 out of 4400...so a little bit of gold left to find on the next playthrough..

the only stuck bit I had was at the dead Hammerite , where the path is above ,and not back again through the Burricks

Great mission, massive in size and more vertical than expected. I really do appreciate missions that gradually open up the longer you play. Good job on that!

Excellent mission! Congratulations for the release!

What a brilliant, absorbing and engaging mission.

I've uploaded a new build with several changes, based on feedback here and elsewhere. Also added a German translation. Changelog and link in the first post.
    Thank you everyone for playing and all the feedback!

I ghosted on expert in 3hrs 48 minutes
    with 3790 /4400 loot, 3 /4 pickpockets. I would have liked to return all the keys but we cant have it all

Excellent work korthak.
    Last edited by Ravenus1; 22nd May 2021 at 17:04.

I enjoyed it so much, This is my kind of missions.

This mission is a real gem. I usually don't like long missions, but this one was fun to play. The author of the mission warns about it being 'exploration heavy', but it's really an understatement. It has everything I like: tall buildings with small, accessible rooms; wide city area; mansions; underground thief den and even some horror elements.

Thank you Korthak, you really made my day with this one!

P.S.: I'm sure I missed a lot of areas, certainly has a lot of replay value too.

Walkthrough + Lootlist

Not the easiest map in which to describe all the locations, so walkthrough also includes an amended map of the city, but if you still can't find a particular location and can give better descriptions, let me know and I'll get them changed.

PS. Lootlist covers both version (v_1, v_1.1) but players are advised to play v1.1 as the underground city and caves area has significantly improved lighting (you can actually see what your doing).
    Last edited by fortuni; 24th May 2021 at 04:27.

This is one of the best missions I've played in a while. I have completed everything but I can't leave!!! I have read the map and the walkthrough but I am still stuck. Please can someone outright spoil me? I am currently standing outside Guldenberg's castle,
    spoiler:
    beneath the balcony where you have to rope up to a beam to get inside

dedaki i can help to finish mission what i did was go back to streets,then you can find a staircase where 2 guards patrol a L shaped path above streets,once at top of stairs go left and follow path then go right you will see a open gate into a dead end that is exit

i was not able to find it from being in rooftops,unless you get there before you get far in mission to open a gate so later you can just get to exit faster,my first play through i did gate lever and had it open for end ,second run i forgot so i had to do it how mentioned in spoiler above

hope that helps

Thank you so much, gonna check it out soon! I loved your other mission A Night in Old Quarter

Thoroughly enjoyed this mission!! If I became stuck, I just had to slow down, take my time, and search more thoroughly. Thanks, Korthak, for 3 hours of fun!!

I spent about 90 minutes thoroughly lost, but loving all of it, then hit a stride for a while and finished the objectives, then lost for the last 30 minutes as I tried to find various places I had taken the left path instead of the right path, just to explore those other spaces! This reminded me a lot of the anniversary "sampler" missions, with a variety of locations and enemies, in the best way

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I didn't see any blue texture in this mission and info in 1st post mention that requirement is version 1.27 or higher, so maybe that's the problem.
    I'm playing on 1.27 and saw the blue textures as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    And yes a scattering of flares or a lantern somewhere would have been appreciated, I've turned up my gamma to max but am still blind to half of the map.
    trying to navigate the dark underground was difficult, especially with the inky shadows making the place seem both smaller and much larger at the same time.

Can anybody experiencing blue textures post a screenshot example? I have a suspicion of what it might be and would like to confirm at known bad locations.

I just finished this mission after a bit over 2 hours with 4040/4400 loot and absolutely loved it. Definitely one of the better Thief Gold missions. There were so many routes to go that at times I couldnīt decide which way to go first, being afraid that I might miss or forget about one There were also alot of "ah! So thatīs where I am now!" moments, really nice!

The only thing I can complain about are the dark shadows in the underground place/sewers. They were so dark that I could barely see anything, itīs a real strain on the eyes. I was really glad when I had that pagan hand and was right back at the city.

Impressive FM, it looks great, has verticality and plenty of routes to get lost in. It took me 3 hours to complete because I missed the key on the body in the caves area and I was running in circles for quite a while before going back down there.

By the way, when you get on top of that towering terrace with overgrowth and a tree on it and you descend down the chimney in the apartment below there is no way to go back up, right? To get back up there I had to go all the way down to the underground city, then the caves, then the machinist place etc which seems like an insane detour and a very weird design decision, did I miss something?

Either way, fantastic work Korthak.
    Last edited by Tank_Abbott; 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:20.

About the "one way" passage: I thought that maybe one could take the parts of a broken statue from the roof with the tree on it to the chimney, drop these parts into the chimney and later on climb on them to get back up. I did not try this, though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast