TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: T2Fix original miss13.mis different than GOG version

T2Fix original miss13.mis different than GOG version

I've found that T2Fix's original miss13.mis is a different version than what comes with the GOG version of Thief 2.

Note: This is the original miss13.mis file included with T2Fix, not AM16's Thief 2 Fixed version.

T2Fix 18470579 bytes
    GOG 19290294 bytes

MD5(T2Fix miss13.mis)= 401a536c6501952ea85887d791bada9a
    MD5(GOG miss13.mis)= ec582eebfde799843ef34aa843a44fd9

What's the difference between the two? What are their origins? For example, is the T2Fix version 1.18 and GOG is something else?

The origin of the version included with T2Fix is the official 1.18 patch, yes.

On the other hand, the mission included with the GOG distribution of Thief 2 seems to be a fan-patched version that fixes a conversation that does not play in the 1.18-patched release, which can be found here. It is not clear why they decided to include this particular version, however. All other missions appear to be from the official patch.

Zombified
    few maps in the GOG build are manually fixed, yes. no need to worry, T2Fix will work properly either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    The origin of the version included with T2Fix is the official 1.18 patch, yes.

On the other hand, the mission included with the GOG distribution of Thief 2 seems to be a fan-patched version that fixes a conversation that does not play in the 1.18-patched release, which can be found here. It is not clear why they decided to include this particular version, however. All other missions appear to be from the official patch.
    Jax64, thank you so much! I don't think I would have ever discovered it was the version that Nameless Voice created. Mystery solved!

I appreciate you clearing that up for me.