TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Mission: Reverse Robbery

I don't think I've died so many times in a mission before. Thank you

Uh...you're welcome for killing you.

A very nice, but really hard mission so far.
    I need help in finding the four silver gears. I found
    - the first one in the warehouse managers office
    - the second one in the bank presidents office
    - the third one in the high priests private chamber

But where is the fourth one? I assume somewhere in the Chalmers family house next to the pub. I request a direct spoiler.
    I only got into the Chalmers house by pushing a barrel to the locked gates of the beer garden. Seems a little unconventional and unintended for me, but I didnīt found another way in.

I also need
    - the key to the locked little compartment (garden in the bottom left part of the map) to retrieve the illegal substances
    - the key to the bank security office

For reference, I will post a screenshot of the map below.

Every kind of help is welcome. Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking Robot View Post
    A very nice, but really hard mission so far.
    But where is the fourth one? I assume somewhere in the Chalmers family house next to the pub. I request a direct spoiler.
    I only got into the Chalmers house by pushing a barrel to the locked gates of the beer garden. Seems a little unconventional and unintended for me, but I didnīt found another way in.

I also need
    - the key to the locked little compartment (garden in the bottom left part of the map) to retrieve the illegal substances
    - the key to the bank security office

Fourth gear: Middle right of the map - the lawyer's office. Even signs with zero width can be mantled on to get to a ledge above. (Once you get into the office, you're looking for a hidden switch.)

Key to illegal drug stash: Same place where the locked stash is, look for a frobable brick in the floor to the left.

Bank security office key: You got to Chalmers apartment. Look for a hidden switch in there that will open a painting.

- prjames

P.S. Awesome (if hard) mission!

So, what you're probably missing is an entire wall that's a rope-able texture.

It's used inconsistently in the level, but the building just across from the guard tower and pub back yard has it on the upper half.

i find no way to the lawyers office.

i think the entrance would be out from the police station to the wall ledge of the building opposite . there is a opening from the sleeping room of the police station. but i'm not able to jump to the ledge of the house in which the lawyer lives

completely wrong way go to the entrance jump on the railing beside the door from there up to the name tag and then go back

Thanks to fortuni and downwinder I'm up to 11 secrets found now.

# Weapons cache in milkman's house
    # Gas arrow
    # Diamond in statue's bowl in bank
    # Hidden purse in starting courtyard
    # Lost ring in mausoleum
    # Hidden stash in house with dead guy

As for the mad doctor's office - I can't even find it, let alone claim the secrets inside. I can only see two possible entry points near the bank - the shutter above the house with the note on the door, and the boarded-up window. Neither are frobbable.

Unkillable

Mad Doctor is above archway connecting dairy courtyard and north town area, jump from high ledge to gargoyle (not easy)

There's a secret inside the mad doctors as well as finding his apart.

Complete List of Secrets
    Starting Courtyard Secret: Purse in guard post above portcullis....check ceiling beams
    Chalmer's Apartment Secret: Hidden space in bedroom closet, Chalmer's apartment...... lever on top of door frame.
    Barracks Secret: Hidden stash in barracks, balcony in long street between bank and church.......check brick walls
    Gas Arrow Secret: Down the side of the house opposite the dairy....... look high
    Noble Lady's Secret 1: Gold stack in moneybox, top of bookcase, card room, upper NW apartment.
    Noble Lady's Secret 2: Move painting in sitting room, upper NW apartment......check bookcase.
    Dairy Secret: Hidden weapons stash in the dairy....... behind crates in bedroom.
    Church Secret: Toolbox in bell tower, church.... ceiling beams
    Mad Doctors Secret 1: Access mad doctor's apartment above the archway leading to the dairy from the bank area.......difficult jump to gargoyle
    Mad Doctors Secret 2: Hidden compartment inside mad doctor's apartment.......weigh down 2 pressure plates.
    Clockhouse Secret: Moneybox on ledge above front door, west mansion (clockhouse), Church square.
    Warehouse Secret: Move the painting in Rupert Avery's office, Avery & Son warehouse.........Lever behind door.
    Bank Secret 1: Move the grandfather clock on the landing of the stairs, bank......lever behind grandfather clock
    Bank Secret 2: Gemstone in bowl held in hand of statue, picture gallery, lower level, bank.
    Mausoleum Secret: Gold ring in elevator pit, ground level.
    Dead Man's Apartment Secret: Spice bag in he dead man's apartment.......check ceiling above wardrobe.
    Central House Secret: Open the shutters of the high south window, central house (house opposite fishmonger).
    Last edited by fortuni; 24th May 2021 at 12:11.

A really top-notch mission. Enjoying (kinda) every moment of it.

Thank you @fortuni, for helping me round out the secrets. Will all the secrets found I ended up with 87.5% of the loot.

Two points of note:

# A Scouting Orb is among the stuff found in the secrets. Is there a location where it's intended to be used?

# While searching for secrets I accidentally went out of bounds and had a nice walk outside of the playing area. I spotted what appears to be a switch floating in mid-air behind the police station offices. I wonder if it does something...

Authors often hide levers in out of way places ie places your NOT meant to discover Mr Mission Breaker

For those that don't know, such levers or buttons are part of links between players actions and triggered events. For example if when you open a door that action triggers teleporting a chest into the map, you can't always directly link to 2 events, so you place a switch or button in a hidden location (sometimes a blue room) and link both the door and the chest to that button/switch, that then acts as a bridge.

I can't find the gas arrow secret from the hint given above. I'm expecting to see a gas arrow from ground level somewhere high up on the building directly opposite the entrance to the dairy. But I don't see it, on any side of that building. More help please!

Standing in front of the dairy, look east, up and over at the window ledges. They are grey stone. They can lead you to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedPhreak View Post
    Standing in front of the dairy, look east, up and over at the window ledges. They are grey stone. They can lead you to it.
    I got there in the end, thanks, but I could not see the arrow from the ground, so rather than telling the player to look up, it may be better to say high ledge at south end of the building. The last jump between window ledges was very tricky!

Thanks fortuni for list. I played a bit on my own and in next 2,5 hours found another 7 secrets. I used your list to find last 5 secrets and ended with 5625 loot. No idea where is the rest. The hardest time I had finding Barracks secret, because you described it badly. It's not in bank area. It's between bank and church. And there is no many balconies nearby either (SE balcony suggests many balconies).
    Last edited by Galaer; 24th May 2021 at 12:53. Reason: more loot found

A Scouting Orb is among the stuff found in the secrets. Is there a location where it's intended to be used?

There's no specific place to use it, no. I never use those things, but I thought players might like to have the option.

please i need some hints to the following questions

how can i get into the mausoleum

how can i get into the milkman's house

how can i neutralize the six undead guards in the tomb

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    how can i get into the mausoleum
    There are small windows at the top of the mausoleum.
    how can i neutralize the six undead guards in the tomb
    Pay attention to the stone slabs with numbers on them. Those slabs are pressable. Hints are in the lawyer's home/office.

The north window shutter opens.

I used the balconies in the market area

where is the way to the roof of the mausoleum?

and how can i visit the drunken guy on the balcony?

There is no reason to go there, but stack many crates if you wish.

----
    Last edited by RippedPhreak; 24th May 2021 at 13:46.

i am happy to hear there is a bag of spice in mission,i somehow missed it,but was at the location

Two bags really. One for you to snort and one for...another purpose.

Thank you for your help. I finally managed it to end this huge FM properly. I needed four hours to finish it and found around 4.400 in loot. In an unconventional way, expert difficulty had no "no-kill-objektive". I loved the riddles in the tomb.

Overall, a very beautiful and large city mission. But prepare, gameplay and platforming difficulty is high; many places can be easily missed. Loot (and main goal stuff too) is very well hidden - I only managed to pass the loot goal by finding 11 secrets. Navigating inside the bank is very painful with all these cameras on. So find the security office key first.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast