TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord Ashton - NewDark Revision

Lord Ashton - NewDark Revision

Hello everyone, and then without further ado. Enjoy!
    (Explanations about this project are here: The Night Falcon - NewDark Revision.)

Download: The Lord Ashton Series - NewDark Revision

Credits:
    The Lord Ashton Series by Christine
    NewDark Revision by Soul Tear

Changes:

- Fixed sound propagation (Room brushing).
    - Added musical and secondary ambients from the original game in areas where it was absent.
    - Halved the value of ambient light for better contrast of light and shadow (as in the original games).
    - Added secrets to where they should be (added FindSecretTrap objects).
    - Added animations for NPCs to improve the atmosphere (they warm their hands by the fireplace, wash the dishes, peer out the window, turn, etc.).
    - Fixed distant art in mission 1 (from the roof you could see the empty bottom under the background).
    - Lady Elena is now guarded by two patrolling spider robots. Fire elemental removed (clarification: Lady Elena has nothing to do with mages, but she is loyal to the Mechanists.).
    - Now Lady Elena's house is patrolled by two additional guards and one mechanist-crossbowman (previously there was only one guard, which made the gameplay boring.)
    - Added patrolling guards in locations where they were not. This makes the game more interesting, but not more difficult.
    - Added more guards on Expert in some missions.
    - Some light switches on Expert have been removed.
    - Reduced the volume of all fireplaces, candles, fountains and pools. Now you can enjoy the original ambient, and not go crazy with deafening secondary sounds.
    - Reduced the amount of equipment. No hardcore, just common sense (for example in the original there were 2 gas arrows against one regular guard).
    - 8-sided arches are replaced with 16-sided ones.
    - 32-bit lightmaps.
    - Added additional lights on the windows.
    - Fixed shading on custom models (from flat to smooth).
    - Fixed UV on custom stove.
    - Fixed texture alignment on stairs.
    - Fixed collisions of some objects (invisible physical dimensions).
    - Replacing the material for red armchairs and sofas (from wood to carpet)
    - Sleeping NPCs are almost deaf and do not react to cracking chests, opening doors or moving the player nearby (except jumping and fighting).
    - Fixed and improved English version. Thanks for that: urgrue, Mat99 and fortuni.

Some changes not listed here:

Original Thief 2 atmosphere and rounded archways:

Backlit windows:

NPC walks around the room and uses different animations:

More screenshots:

Last edited by Soul Tear; 5th Jul 2021 at 08:06.

Where's the download link?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Where's the download link?
    Now added

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    PS. Don't know why your crediting me for anything to do with this update, but hey I'll take a bow anyway!
    Do not belittle your merits, you organized it

Thanks for the link. Don't worry it happens to the best of us.

I was looking for something to play tonight so replaying this.

Thanks for your efforts Soul Tear.

I've replayed the series. I can't see what the 'fixes' are however there was several small annoyances that didn't exist in the originals. I see no improvement on the originals.

Awesome, thank you very much for this!! Definitely a reason to replay it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhickel View Post
    I can't see what the 'fixes' are however there was several small annoyances that didn't exist in the originals. I see no improvement on the originals.
    All fixes are described with the list above, some of which are also illustrated. If you can't see them, you should probably get your vision (and hearing) checked.

And what are these 'small annoyances' that you are talking about? If I messed up something, then I have to fix it. If you have nothing to say, why are you writing?

Only on Mission 2 but so far some of the changes are quite obvious and welcome.

Just downloaded it but it starts running interference instead.......

downloading now,thank you so much,will update post a bit,also playing on expert

mission 1 complete,missed 2 secrets but over all very nice ,will post a bit later on more of the series

one thing i love a lot is that there are ciggs in game and they loot woohoo

mission 2 complete,missed 3 secrets,i really enjoyed the improvement's on this mission

mission 3 complete missed 1 secret

mission 4 complete,all secrets but i needed a bit of help with switch in library

mission 5 complete missed 2 secrets

mission 6 complete missed 1 secret

mission 7 complete got all secrets,but one question where is the jewelry store key?i just bashed the door 4 times with sword with full swings to get it

mission 8 complete all secrets

over all very good job on remake i like it a lot,guards on last level still wonky as level is so large they usually end up clumped up

you going to ever tackle a remake of lady lotti series?

thank you for your hard work
    Last edited by downwinder; 7th Jul 2021 at 20:58.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    guards on last level still wonky as level is so large they usually end up clumped up
    Тhe feature with this campaign is that Christine used only one patrol route for all the guards. And this sooner or later leads to the fact that they all walk a crowd, and most of the gameplay you do not see them at all.
    As for the last mission, it is very complex, so I didn't bother fixing the routes, but added some guards going in the opposite direction. In this regard, this version is somewhat more complicated than the original.

you going to ever tackle a remake of lady lotti series?
    I don’t have such plans yet, but I finished work on Mountain Monastery and will probably finish Curse of the Falcon.

If Mountain Monastery is interesting to anyone, I'm ready to post it. The lights, sound, textures and secrets have also been fixed here. But this is a pretty easy and simple mission.

thank you for your hard work
    You are welcome. I'm glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Just downloaded it but it starts running interference instead.......
    This is where I can't help, I'm using AngelLoader.

Please post Mountain Monastery!

yes i love mountain levels a lot please post it as i need something refreshing to play

Download: The Mountain Monastery - NewDark Revision

The Mountain Monastery is not big project and there are standard fixes for light, sound, textures and secrets, so I will not create a separate topic.

Thanks for the Revision Soul Tear! Gives me an excuse to play through this excellent campaign again!

thank you soul tear downloading mountain mission now , and i am sure i can speak for all people who started playing thief in 1999 demo,we love updated missions

ok mission complete but 2 questions ,is there a use for the dinky/dewdrop doll? i went back to bar and dropped it and nothing,also is there a use for the golden skull?
    Last edited by downwinder; 11th Jul 2021 at 15:02.

So exciting! Loved the original! Loving this!
    Last edited by SilentDragon; 11th Jul 2021 at 16:18. Reason: typo

Thanks Soul Tear got the Mountain Monastery.

Downwinder you may have found a bug. the doll is supposed to trigger a bonus objective when you drop it on the table at the bar. It did in the original anyway.

I don't remember the use for the skull as its been a while.

Hmm I am currently playing through the lord ashton new dark revision and am in the last level "the wedding of sir andre" and I cant find the rope arrow. I have played this mission 2 times already and never had a problem with finding the rope arrow but this time I canīt find it in any of the towers. Did you place them somewhere else in the new dark version or am I just going blind?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Hmm I am currently playing through the lord ashton new dark revision and am in the last level "the wedding of sir andre" and I cant find the rope arrow. I have played this mission 2 times already and never had a problem with finding the rope arrow but this time I canīt find it in any of the towers. Did you place them somewhere else in the new dark version or am I just going blind?
    I haven't changed the gameplay. If my memory serves me, you can find arrows from the guard captain in the locked office on the first floor. The key hangs from his belt. But this guy is really hard to find because of the poorly constructed patrol route - he walks in a huge circle. Wait for him in the large ballroom on the second floor, where several nobles are standing - this is opposite the main entrance to the mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    I have played this mission 2 times already and never had a problem with finding the rope arrow but this time I canīt find it in any of the towers. Did you place them somewhere else in the new dark version or am I just going blind?
    On expert I found them in the tower with several crates on the ground floor, behind a couple in a chest.

I haven't changed the gameplay. If my memory serves me, you can find arrows from the guard captain in the locked office on the first floor. The key hangs from his belt. But this guy is really hard to find because of the poorly constructed patrol route - he walks in a huge circle. Wait for him in the large ballroom on the second floor, where several nobles are standing - this is opposite the main entrance to the mansion.
    No, in there are some weapons but not a rope arrow. And I remember pretty well that that rope arrow was in one of the towers.

On expert I found them in the tower with several crates on the ground floor, behind a couple in a chest.
    There are three towers in this mission right? The one for which you get the tower key and the two facing each other right where you start the mission. In none of them there are crates on the floor, only in one are 2 explosive barrels but theres no rope arrow in there. This is so weird, I never had this problem before

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast