TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Summer Speedbuild Missions Released

2021 Summer Speedbuild Missions Released

For anyone unaware, there's been a Dromed Speedbuild competition going on for the past two weeks. Authors had 15 days to come up with a functioning fan mission for any version of Thief. There were no restrictions except for time, and the deadline was Sunday, August 15th (originally Saturday, extended by 1 day).

Here's what I've received so far:

Falling, In Love by nicked (TG)
    Lone Rock Outpost by Vegetables (TG)
    Morning Light by Skejven (TG)
    The Sunken Temple of Dielya (v1.23) by CloverLoop (T2)
    The Weird Masquerade by Zoro (T2)

New: The Four Emperors by Grandmauden (TG)

You can also download the missions here: http://www.southquarter.com/2021speedbuild

If anyone else is close to finishing but just needs a little more time, by all means finish it up this week or next and just add it to the thread here. Or send it to me and I'll host it.

Remember, this is not a contest, so there's no penalty for being late.

Thanks to all the authors who participated. I'm sure it was no small task getting a complete mission finished in just two weeks. If you've got a good story to share about that, feel free to expound upon it here.

Enjoy...
    Last edited by Brethren; 19th Aug 2021 at 23:12.

When i try to download, a google page is opening that says "Access denied", "You need access".

Should be accessible now. I'll update the Google Docs links tomorrow.

Wonderful - all downloaded.

Thanks and congrats to all authors and to Brethren for organising - looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Should be accessible now. I'll update the Google Docs links tomorrow.
    I had a problem with the LROutpost.7z download. I get loads of this (as though it's displaying the contents)
    7z'�e�!Ep�����&�������%'m]�(Hm޶3@`4Qu[b=&Aޡ,-]`v.NϴSr:4H Pgh+sIJxAſiCW*x"1m*ѣsT[]Ha_R

It could be because of an old browser/old laptop/old user
    The 4 zip files downloaded fine and all have started up OK. Thank you.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 16th Aug 2021 at 05:03.

Thanks for the missions guys will enjoy all of them.
    Last edited by fortuni; 16th Aug 2021 at 05:13.

Solid set of missions. I'll lay out which games they're for for anyone who's unsure.

TG:
    Falling, In Love by Nicked
    Morning Light by Skejven
    Lone Rock Outpost by Vegetables

T2:
    The Weird Masquerade by Zoro
    The Sunken Temple of Dielya by CloverLoop

But Stahl said the game and the community are dying

Thanks Brethren for getting another contest together. Congrats to all authors - I shall greedily gobble up your missions like the fat taffer I am!

Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    He also said 60% of missions are Epic Slag, so am guessing most of these missions won't be worth bothering with!

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    He also said 60% of missions are Epic Slag, so am guessing most of these missions won't be worth bothering with!

Ой. Мой русский не очень хороший. Как вы видете.

Apologies allround for being lured into off-topic Probably a bit of lateral thinking, still wondering about my hieroglyph download problem (posted earlier in the thread).

(Tidying up, I belatedly see that Chrome has an automatic Translator extension and I believe fortuni uses Chrome (I don't) so that may explain why I was momentarily lost by the above Russian link.)
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 16th Aug 2021 at 09:17.

Looking forward to playing all of these in the upcoming weeks!

I guess we will have an unofficial winner if all missions from this competition are rated by users at Thief Guild and the ratings have somewhat solidified.

Quote Originally Posted by Aged Raver View Post
    Ой. Мой русский не очень хороший. Как вы видете.

Apologies allround for being lured into off-topic Probably a bit of lateral thinking, still wondering about my hieroglyph download problem (posted earlier in the thread).

CTRL + S that page as .7z file and it should work.
    (If you're talking about http://www.southquarter.com/2021speedbuild/LROutpost.7z )

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    CTRL + S that page as .7z file and it should work.
    (If you're talking about http://www.southquarter.com/2021speedbuild/LROutpost.7z )
    Brilliant!!!
    I've just downloaded, installed and played for one second. Excellent. I've download .7z files before without problem (I can see about a dozen in my FM folder) but I'm still slowly learning. Thank you Zoro.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 16th Aug 2021 at 07:33.

I can repeat it any time. Dying is a process. Slow sometimes. But inevitable. I've never said "dead". I said "dying".

So have fun while you can.

Maybe if you contributed something of value instead of being all smug with your doom and gloom shtick this community would die slower.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Maybe if you contributed something of value instead of being all smug with your doom and gloom shtick this community would die slower.
    I contribute what I can. Except for my doom and gloom (which are also very important), I write walkthroughs.
    You can also make that dying a bit slower by being more polite.

I think that
    game and the community are dying
    1) is a bit offtopic here
    2) is a bit of cliche without much substance
    3) is unproductive and negative
    4) such dark-themed self-fulfilling prophesies can do much more harm to community than everything else.

In any case I'm glad we have several more missions. Also hope for some other possible future contest submissions.

Quote Originally Posted by michael a View Post
    I think that
    1) is a bit offtopic here
    2) is a bit of cliche without much substance
    3) is unproductive and negative
    4) such dark-themed self-fulfilling prophesies can do much more harm to community than everything else.

In any case I'm glad we have several more missions. Also hope for some other possible future contest submissions.
    I totally agree, and would like to add that this "brutally honest" character got old very quickly and possibly would have been moderated rigorously in the time of David.

Long live this community!

Think it’s worth pointing out that although the TTLG community is small with a few but dedicated contributors, if you check how many people are on this forum at any one time it can range from 30 to a few hundred, meaning a few thousand check this forum every day, a few thousand every day does not equate to a dying game.

Now let’s forget this off topic rant by Mr. Naysayer and let’s celebrate the release of 5 new missions.

Great! 5 missions is more than I expected.
    Weird Masquerade by Zoro needs a thread I think.

wow, excellent work all round! just finished playing through all of these.

nicked: i only managed two of the bonus objectives, but i look forward to seeing what other taffers with more skill than i can manage. great concept!

skejven: i just played the perdurance a few days ago, so lucky me to get a sequel so soon! i love the lighthouse perched on its rocky island.

vegetables: a beautiful compact thiefy mission! and an excellent challenge for ghosting, given the daylight. im not the best or most patient ghoster, but beat it with only one incident (and subsequent ko) on my blind expert run.

zoro: i had fun trying to ghost this one on expert. i appreciate the generous supplies in the mission, that helped a lot! i wouldve managed it too, had i not decided to crash the masquerade ball and join in the dancing

cloverloop: wow!! an amazing effect youve pulled off there. and built a clever, fun puzzle mission around it, too. love it!

A very big thank you to all the authors!! Gonna check out the new missions this week

Amazing, thanks everyone!

The key is contests. We need at least a couple contests each year, creators need motivation.

While we still have time, I propose another Halloween contest. Come on guys

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    ... Weird Masquerade by Zoro needs a thread I think.
    Yes, I can’t see one. I've just played it. Thank you Zoro! It’s very good, with a menacing tone from the start and decor that was interesting and unsettling on their own even without any foe. By the time I eventually completed I was perspiring. Very good game. 1673/1773

Edit. HaHa. By the time I'd posted this an appropriate thread has appeared.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 16th Aug 2021 at 16:52.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast