TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: how to create a starting point

how to create a starting point

how to put the sword usable in dromed

I'm requesting that one of the mods or admins move this thread to another sub-forum where you can get an answer to your question. Just wait a while.

Administrator
    Done

1. To make a Starting Point - Create a marker, name it StartingPoint, add a PlayerFactory link from StartingPoint to Garrett, add S>Scripts>VictoryCheck. Make sure you've loaded convict (and gen for T2) scripts.

2. To give the player a sword, create a Weapon>Swords>Sword, add a Contains link from the StartingPoint to the Sword.

These are very basic questions; have you gone through a Dromed tutorial?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Can you link him to your tutorial, Nick?

Also I moved his other dupe post here before realizing he had duped, so I'm closing the other one.

There was file floating around somewhere that had premade starting point with Garrett, weapons, etc. that was useful. I just opened up KOMAG's old tutorial which is a still a good starting point I think.

Here is the "latest and greatest" tutorial: https://nickdablin.wordpress.com/201...sion-part-one/

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    There was file floating around somewhere that had premade starting point with Garrett, weapons, etc. that was useful. I just opened up KOMAG's old tutorial which is a still a good starting point I think.
    DromEd Startpack by Brethren Thread
    Use this in conjunction with nicked's tutorial and you should be good to go!
    Edit: Should have checked, that link is dead. I may have a copy of this. Bear with.

Big Massive Edit Your Auntie Would Be Proud Of: Brethren's DromEd Starter Pack
    Now we're suckin' diesel!
    Last edited by Purgator; 29th Aug 2021 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Big Massive Edit Your Auntie Would Be Proud Of: Brethren's DromEd Starter Pack
    Now we're suckin' diesel!
    Thanks for the tip. Just downloaded and read the readme file. That's a genius starter pack. I'm still struggling with my Dromed version though because it doesn't have all the new textures and objects that I've seen in screenshots of other's Dromed versions. Also, I keep getting and error message that "AngelLoader is set as the loader for this game" when I try to start the editor. I have to go in the cam_mod file and add the semicolon back in the line ";fm_selector C:\Games\AngelLoader\AngelLoader_Stub.dll" after I play a fan mission. Any suggestions other than chucking my laptop into a swimming pool?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I'm still struggling with my Dromed version though because it doesn't have all the new textures and objects that I've seen in screenshots of other's Dromed versions.
    Dromed doesn't include any textures or objects at all in any version, it's just the editor. They are likely using custom resources in the screenshots you're seeing.

I think my tutorial uses HD textures in the screenshots so if you just have stock it might look different. I should redo the whole thing some day when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Dromed doesn't include any textures or objects at all in any version, it's just the editor. They are likely using custom resources in the screenshots you're seeing.

I kind of forgot that a lot of what I'm seeing are custom texture and object packs.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I think my tutorial uses HD textures in the screenshots so if you just have stock it might look different. I should redo the whole thing some day when I have time.
    Time to start going through the newer tutorials then I think.

One thing you could do is add a starting point to the default cube, add a core set of weapons and inventory items, and then save the .mis or .cow file. When you start a new mission just load the .mis or .cow file you saved, start adding terrain and then drag the starting point to the terrain.