TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Invisible T2 room brushes?

Invisible T2 room brushes?

I was looking through some T2 OM's in Dromed, and I noticed to my surprise that there are no visible room brushes. Running Interference:

Yet the mission has buildings with walls, etc. Just curious, what's going on here?

OMs and some FMs are "stripped".
    Maybe the new command reconstruct_rooms can help. It can also be found in the menu bar.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Yeah that worked, thanks!

ZylonBane
    There's no point trying to reconstruct that mission. The full, unstripped T2 MIS files are available somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    There's no point trying to reconstruct that mission. The full, unstripped T2 MIS files are available somewhere.
    [citation needed]

you can download the unstripped missions for thief 1 and 2 at http://www.thief-thecircle.com/teg-old/tools/ — not that while some of the individual mission zips are dead links, the combined packs Theiflev.zip and Missions.zip are fine

The unstripped versions are on the Thief 2 disc 1 in the Editor folder in a file called MISSIONS.ZIP. These versions are not exactly like the unstripped versions, and they need to have pathfinding run to have the AI active. Actually all of the brushes in the unstripped versions are invisible.

The ones on the CD are from version 1.07 of the game, whereas the ones in the download are from 1.18 and therefore have a number of minor improvements.