TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What type of City mission build do you prefer?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Labyrinthine, endlesslessly interconnected missions (eg. Compulsory Egress, Zealot's Hollow))

13 23.21%
  • Older Thief style with streets and individual buildings (eg. Death's Cold Embrace, Home Sweet Home))

21 37.50%
  • No preference, they both rock, if they engage me

21 37.50%
  • I hate all Thief missions with a passion

1 1.79%

Thread: Cityscape preferences...

Cityscape preferences...

I was wondering what percentage of players have any preferences regarding the type of city missions they play. Builders have been set free in many ways with NewDark, compared to the old days of Dromeding.

Not gonna lie: I love all city missions!

Hate to hate with a passion. What's the purpose of poll, btw?

I'm not voting, because for me none of these answers is correct. I prefer city missions with areas that looks special. Thanks to that it's easy to memorize the whole city. For example: Making a Profit (all areas look and feel different plus it's not a maze, I hate being lost in city missions).

Quote Originally Posted by michael a View Post
    What's the purpose of poll, btw?
    The mission I started in 2006 looks dated, and I'm just wondering if players have a clear preference if I start anew.
    I kept working on it once my computer could play Thief and Dromed again, obviously in the same style, but it looks 16 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I'm not voting, because for me none of these answers is correct. I prefer city missions with areas that looks special. Thanks to that it's easy to memorize the whole city. For example: Making a Profit (all areas look and feel different plus it's not a maze, I hate being lost in city missions).
    Did you get lost in Compulsory Egress or Zealot's Hollow?

Did you get lost in DCE or HSH?

Just because I maybe didn't hit the nail exactly on the head for you personally, there must be one closer than the other. You say you don't like to get lost in a mission. I would say labyrinthine, endlessly interconnected missions wouldn't be your vote more than the other choice. But hey, it's your two cents, do what you want with it...

I'll go with (E) *Newer Thief style with streets and individual buildings (eg. Behind Closed Doors by Nicked)

https://darkfate.org/view/details/fi...d_closed_doors

One word: skacky

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    /Thread

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    Did you get lost in Compulsory Egress or Zealot's Hollow?

Did you get lost in DCE or HSH?
    Zealot's Hollow - yes, I got lost. It may be small, but there is so many different paths and places. The other 3 - I didn't get lost, but that doesn't mean I love them. Cities in these missions are rather average. Lost Among Forsaken and Endless Rain are missions that I got lost and I didn't like it. Endless Rain is using this annoying gimmick I don't like - you enter a building and after going through it for 1 hour you exit on the other side of city and you have no idea where you are. I like to plan my route, but in this mission it's impossible.

I prefer easy to remember mapping, allowing methodically going through. Realistics is welcomed but not particularly expected.

I am happy to play any city missions. Even very old TG city missions are fun to me.

bbb

Don - even if your mission looks old, I would certainly still enjoy it.

i like both

I'd like a larger sampling if possible. If you haven't voted because your favourite isn't there, vote instead for the one opposite your least favourite choice.

ZylonBane
    I loathe city missions where, despite supposedly being in a city, there's only exactly one convoluted path across the map (looking at you, Calendra's Cistern).

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    Yep. I like Melan/Skacky-type city missions

I definitely like having a solid map for city missions, then it can be as labyrinthine as it likes...one memorable city + mansion mission I played for the first time recently was Greyfeather Gems Part I: The Shipment. Absolutely loved it and probably one of my favorite city missions I've played to date. It starts out with such a well polished complete mansion that I didn't even expect it to be a city mission until coming out of the mansion. There's a lot of interesting \ optional nooks to explore and various funny storylines in the readables and some very satisfying areas to loot, like the mini bank. I think this mission is a terrific example of how to do a city mission right and make it engaging, hope others would agree :-)
    The part at the end in the mechanist compound where you had to ghost was also quite difficult for me but made the mission more engaging and interesting for sure.