TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Nameless (Sep 19, 2021)

T2 FM: Nameless (Sep 19, 2021)

I've been sitting on this mission for a couple weeks unreleased and decided to just post it here for now to finally get it out there. For more details about this mission, see original thread here.

Enjoy and let me know if any issues.

Mission available at:

Google Drive
    Google drive link

Thief Guild
    https://www.thiefguild.com/fanmissions/30148/nameless

The Dark Fate:
    https://darkfate.org/view/details/fi...ief2/nameless/
    Last edited by Vortex85; 1st Nov 2021 at 15:07.

Congrats on the release Vortex85!

wow...thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Congrats on the release Vortex85!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    wow...thank you
    My pleasure!

Very nice little mission. Plays and flows well, nice looking daylight, readables well written and just about the right length. I also appreciate that everything potentially annoying to find is clued, so frustrating keyhunts are avoided. I enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    Very nice little mission. Plays and flows well, nice looking daylight, readables well written and just about the right length. I also appreciate that everything potentially annoying to find is clued, so frustrating keyhunts are avoided. I enjoyed it
    Wow, thanks so much for playing and for posting the feedback already!

Hmm, so how to deal with Barry? I have even tried to get close to him and just take away the mask

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Hmm, so how to deal with Barry? I have even tried to get close to him and just take away the mask
    Mount rock to the left and jump to rock next to him and kill with sword. Flash bombs may give you time so you are not hit while trying to jump on rock. There are 6 in the mission. You can also have out black jack to stall him from shooting before taking out sword as soon as you jump on it. Other option is if you have 20 arrows. There are 25 in the mission. Worst case you have no flash bombs and low on arrows. Keep trying to get on rock and kill in between blasts. The overhead sword swing is better for stalling him so once you hit him once you should be able to finish him off before he ever has a chance to fire. You can also hide for a while and he may eventually fall to ground to make it easier but that's not as cool. Once he is dead, pick up mask and throw in lava.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 20th Sep 2021 at 10:41.

Congrats Vortex85 on releasing your FM and thank you

Your posting a walkthrough less than 18 hours after the missions release.......WTF?

The unwritten, but commonly accepted, rule of Thief for decades has been not to release walkthroughs for at least one month after release, that gives players at least a chance of beating the mission without being tempted to cheat.

Yes, A.Stahl, I appreciate the walkthrough and for you taking the time to do it. But maybe it would be better to remove it from the forums for now and post it back next month?

As for typo, . I have stealth updated the link in the original post with new objective text.

>unwritten, but commonly accepted, rule

The idea is good, but we all know that this leads just to asking about problems in the FM thread. Moreover: those questions are in chaotic order so players just risking to read a few spoilers just while navigating the thread trying to say "thank you".

So I'll leave that to the moderators. That is too debatable, so let it be as they think is good.

I kind of like helping people in the thread though, it's fun to help individuals with their issues. Gives me a chance to appreciate the fact that people are playing it.

Yes, if I didn't make it clear I do ask to remove it for now. You can always post it a little later but I'd rather people be forced to seek answers without having them handed over so easily for now.

(UPDATE)
    A.Stahl, thank you for removing walkthrough. I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 20th Sep 2021 at 12:12.

I know I'm a little late to this but I have no problem with walkthroughs being posted when a mission is released. Strategy guides are out the same day as the games is most cases. Its up to the player if they want to use it. That being said I have no issue with waiting for a month either but again it should be up to the players. I see it from both sides. Just my opinion. No offense intended.

Edit: I just saw Fortuni post and have to say I think he went overboard on the we might as well close down the forums thing. People will always be here to download missions and post. I don't see how the site loses money either. I thought it was donations etc. I don't see how releasing a walkthrough is going to close a site. Don't get me wrong I have always liked Fortuni and appreciate everything he has done. Again no offense intended.
    Last edited by Stingm; 20th Sep 2021 at 13:58.

need a bit of help where is treasure room key ,i been through entire map and not sure where it is,i checked cave according to letter by spiders and found nothing?

Downwinder check near the steps in the big spider cave, it’s next to a mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    need a bit of help where is treasure room key ,i been through entire map and not sure where it is,i checked cave according to letter by spiders and found nothing?
    So sorry about that. It's there, pm me if you still have trouble and I can send you a screenshot.

thank you fortuni

mission complete 7030/8135,0/1 secret where is it?

i liked this mission ,thank you vortex85 ,i found dewdrop and the 2 healing fruits

i hope you continue to make more missions,also please use a better skybox next time,i wanted a crisp blue sky

also i cut down banners looking for secret no luck,unless i missed one?

and the way i beat barry i had 20 arrows hit him while he was above maybe 5 times then he fell and i drilled him 2 times with sword it was over he never got off one shot,i hid behind a rock to prevent him from firing

i got a feeling barry is related to benny :P

the only real threat garrett ever had in my view was the woodsie lord and the hag

ohh i almost forgot the main boss of gorts rotb series omg now that was brutal mech woodsie lord,and in rotb 2 one of the secret missions lets you do i feel is the deepest secret in a thief fan mission ever

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    The unwritten, but commonly accepted, rule ...
    That is what mankind gets for all these unwritten rules. Most of us don't have a crystal ball, so how should we know all these rules? Every now and then, someone is going to break it without even knowing it.

I liked the mission. An interesting daytime mission, and while trained eyes might see some architecture hinting at the author not being the perfect architect at the time of creating this, that was not even annoying for me.

The only thing that went far from being enjoyable was the last opponent. Apparently, Garrett wore a magical ring of bad luck during "my" endgame - first, he would not climb onto the rocks almost every time I tried, then he could not jump onto the one with the enemy sometimes, then he could sometimes not hit the enemy with any sort of weapon - once, even a flashbomb did not impress the opponent in any way. Well, I just hope I will not see the enemy's "boss" anytime near... who knows what ace he might have on his sleeve?

P.S.: The last paragraph is not meant to be negative criticism. I was just extremely unlucky, that's all.

thank you fortuni

mission complete 7030/8135,0/1 secret where is it?

i liked this mission ,thank you vortex85 ,i found dewdrop and the 2 healing fruits
    Good! Hint for secret is in Victor's bedroom. Look up around the hanging lights in the bar room (big one with the music stage). You'll need a rope arrow.

i hope you continue to make more missions,also please use a better skybox next time,i wanted a crisp blue sky
    Is this sarcasm? (Hard to tell if joking or if maybe it wasn't blue enough? Maybe texture issue?)

also i cut down banners looking for secret no luck,unless i missed one?
    Nothing behind them...

and the way i beat barry i had 20 arrows hit him while he was above maybe 5 times then he fell and i drilled him 2 times with sword it was over he never got off one shot,i hid behind a rock to prevent him from firing
    Nice! Sometime he falls depending on situation or playthrough, sometimes it seems impossible to make him fall. It was tricky and never could get it perfect, but if you are low on health and can't get on floating rock, having him fall eventually may be needed.

i got a feeling barry is related to benny :P
    Haha! I leave that open to the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    That is what mankind gets for all these unwritten rules. Most of us don't have a crystal ball, so how should we know all these rules? Every now and then, someone is going to break it without even knowing it.

I liked the mission. An interesting daytime mission, and while trained eyes might see some architecture hinting at the author not being the perfect architect at the time of creating this, that was not even annoying for me.

The only thing that went far from being enjoyable was the last opponent. Apparently, Garrett wore a magical ring of bad luck during "my" endgame - first, he would not climb onto the rocks almost every time I tried, then he could not jump onto the one with the enemy sometimes, then he could sometimes not hit the enemy with any sort of weapon - once, even a flashbomb did not impress the opponent in any way. Well, I just hope I will not see the enemy's "boss" anytime near... who knows what ace he might have on his sleeve?

P.S.: The last paragraph is not meant to be negative criticism. I was just extremely unlucky, that's all.

Sorry about the trouble! I'd be curious if on a reload you can get those things working or if it was a one time thing. The rock is a little hard to get on. You have to get it perfect to jump on top, usually you can jump on edge and mount up again thought that takes more time. The flash bombs not working is a headscratcher, but depending on where it lands and where he is looking it may or may not work. I would suggest reloading your save and experimenting to see if it works in certain places...

vortex85 on skybox if you check cardia missions check the sky box of those

i got all good updates for thief 1/g/2 so i dont think i got texture issue but the skybox,sky was not very real looking,felt overcast and not clear

also i forgot to mention i loved the arch rock outcropping toward start i walked through it a good amount of times

amazing job on mission though i loved how guards were actually placed in areas that made you think how to proceed

There's even one more thing that could have caused the problems I wrote about: I have been playing the game with Linux instead of Windows during the last weeks, and I did notice that AI movement is somewhat different there - not just in this mission, but in every one I did play so far.

Reloading did change things a bit. The first time I nailed the enemy, he fell down from his rock by accident, just as you mentioned he could, and then I got my revenge on him. The second time I killed him, I was able to get onto his rock and show him what my sword is for, after pacifying him with a flashbomb one or two times. And all the other problems came and went even without saving and reloading - one time, he was apparently invulnerable to weapons first, but some seconds later, he showed signs of being hit and injured.

As I said, it just seems to have been a lot of bad luck at once, and the heavy fight made that far worse than it usually is. Nevertheless, after less than four reloads, the guy went down (from his rock as well as literally) for the first time. Not very uncommon for hard opponents.

vortex85 on skybox if you check cardia missions check the sky box of those

i got all good updates for thief 1/g/2 so i dont think i got texture issue but the skybox,sky was not very real looking,felt overcast and not clear

Ok, I'll try cardia missions and see. I did these on my own without much blue sky experience and it felt crisp and blue to me.

Anyway, here are some screens. Does it look this way to you?

I would imagine "overcast" being a grey or cloudy sky. But if the below looks overcast too you I guess it can't be helped, LOL.

Other than that, thanks, and am gald you enjoyed it overall!
    Last edited by Vortex85; 20th Sep 2021 at 19:07.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast