TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: T2 FM: Nameless (Sep 19, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    Give me Victor's code now!
    In Voctor's bedroom (not office), slot in upper right hand corner of bookshelf is the code.

I found the mask without knowing I found the mask. Then spent an hour today looking for the mask I already had ... I'm a genius. Great mission!
    Last edited by mxleader; 10th Oct 2021 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    I found the mask without knowing I found the mask. Then spent an hour today looking for the mask I already had ... I'm a genius. Great mission!
    Thanks so much for playing and leaving feedback! Glad you enjoyed despite the roadblock! LOL!

I just finished this new mission and I really really liked it. Was very enjoyable to play through the only thing I didnīt like was the typical "twist" at the end, imo sth. like that is not needed for a great mission but then again thats just my opinion right?

Thanks so much for this Vortex85!!

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    I just finished this new mission and I really really liked it. Was very enjoyable to play through the only thing I didnīt like was the typical "twist" at the end, imo sth. like that is not needed for a great mission but then again thats just my opinion right?

Cool, glad you enjoyed it overall despite not digging the ending, LOL. Funny story, originally I did not have that, but I did it because story-wise, my own mission it didn't make sense to me. The first beta tester played through it where it ends after leaving the gate, and he was also against the twist ending originally, but once I thought of it I just had to do it to make sense of my own story. So I did it to fill in the gaps in my own storytelling.

Here is the explanation:

1) I didn't have good justification on why this mask was so important that Barry would stick around this dangerous gang of thieves to get it before leaving. So I developed the idea that the mask was sort of magical and had possessed him. Sort of like the ring in the Lord of the Rings. Once you have it, you don't want to lose it. I also added lore about how George had been strange ever since getting the mask and drinking heavily and staying in his room a lot looking at his treasures (the mask). I had George in the bar already just because I wanted Garret to have to enter the bar to complete the mission since I liked the design of it, so having him drink alone instead of going about his day to day business would be a good way to show the mask's affects on him and be part of the story of why he was in there.

2) I couldn't figure out how this gang of thieves would just be ok with letting a stranger live right next to their hideout, they surely would have "taken care" of him day one. So I needed an explanation of why he was not around and suddenly appeared out of nowhere. So I developed the idea of him dwelling in another dimension, like the Maw of Chaos, only different specific to the "Nameless god" of the mask ever since he obtained it and only returning to the normal world periodically. So that explained to me how he could have been in the scenario where a gang of thieves built a base of operations next to him and when he returned suddenly they went after him and ending up stealing the mask.

3) Ironically, this ending up being influenced by the Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask, which is my favorite Zelda game, either by coincidence or subconsciously. I didn't plan it way but noticed afterward and wondered how it happened that way.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 23rd Oct 2021 at 14:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post

100% approval

a great mission
    the only drop of worm is the endsequence .

in my opinion it devalues the whole mission. all the more i couldn't defeat him. and so a very good mission keeps in a questionable remembrance.

nevertheless i joyfully expect the next mission of this user

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    100% approval

a great mission
    the only drop of worm is the endsequence .

in my opinion it devalues the whole mission. all the more i couldn't defeat him. and so a very good mission keeps in a questionable remembrance.

nevertheless i joyfully expect the next mission of this user
    I’ve seen those who like and dislike the twist. At the end of the day its hard to please everyone and I totally understand those who don’t as its quite unexpected and different to the rest of the mission.

In what way are you having trouble with Barry? Are you not able to get on the rock next to him to kill him with your sword? If you have a single broadhead or flashbomb that should give you time enough to stun him and jump on the rock and take him out. Although you can do it without if you are quick and time it right, he will turn and stall longer at certain points allowing you time without stunning him. I suggest doing a quicksave and just try it over and over until you get it.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 24th Oct 2021 at 12:18.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234