TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Setting up Darkloader

Setting up Darkloader

Its been a long time. I want to play some T2 fan missions so I've installed Darkloader.

In the setup under mission directories it has add and remove buttons. What do I add in there?

In Thief directories it has buttons with 3 dots. What do I put in there? I assume I want to click on Thief 2's button. I'll mostly be playing Thief 2 missions. I probably also want to play Cosas, whatever that is.

Thanks for your help.

DarkLoader is outdated and no longer supported. You're better off using one of the three modern loaders: AngelLoader, NewDarkLoader, or FMSel.
    Any of these three will suffice, but AngelLoader is the most recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmauden View Post
    but AngelLoader is the most recommended.
    Why? Recommended by who?

Several people recommend this loader, other argue that FMSel may be "the standard". Both of them have their advantages and disadvantages, and NewDarkLoader isn't too far away from the other two. I have all three installed, for various purposes.

Ancient DarkLoader, however, has issues that can become very problematic: It sometimes causes a mess in the Thief folder which can be hard or almost impossible to get rid off, and it mistakenly regards many of the Thief 1 NewDark FMs as Thief 2 missions. Therefore, I would not recommend this old loader anymore (unless, of course, someone keeps an installation of "OldDark" for some purpose). I won't submit any DarkLoader users to Brother Inquisitor either, but the will of the community to help peolpe having issues with this old and no longer supported loader has diminished a lot in the last years.

Take your pick. Select yer poison. And then live with it.

If you love Darkloader like I did, go with NewDarkLoader

Correct me if im wrong but isn't angelloader the only one that has a fix for the issue with a few missions. there was a post about a 0 getting changed to a 1 in the cam file and messing games up after install. Unless I missed it angeloader is the only one that has been updated with the fix. I wish i could remember exactly what the issue was. It was a bonehord mission that even after uninstall would mess the game up because of that change to a cam file that never reverted. Did I miss where it was fixed in the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but isn't angelloader the only one that has a fix for the issue with a few missions. there was a post about a 0 getting changed to a 1 in the cam file and messing games up after install.
    Even I would recommend AngelLoader, for the reason mentioned above.

edit: the bug is described here: https://github.com/FenPhoenix/AngelL...ses/tag/v1.5.3

Please, for the love of god, just do not use DarkLoader.