TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Deus Ex 1 8-bit music project

Deus Ex 1 8-bit music project

Hey Deus Ex Lovers,

I'm working on a project to reacreating parts of the deus ex 1 songs in real 8-bit on the commodore 64 SID Chip, I have made 9 songs so far and also got some positive response from the original composers Alexander Brandon and Michiel van den Bos.

Here are the songs that are finished so far:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...mn_JDPyWDJHwj3

I know, this 8bit stuff is not everyones cup of tea but I'm facinated by the the possibility of a a computer from 1982 to create a deus ex atmosphere .
    Last edited by Nordischsound; 18th Oct 2021 at 03:05.

ZylonBane
    The main theme hurt my ears. The buzzy WEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEOOOOOO in the UNATCO theme is way too loud compared to its relative volume in the original track. The rest are decent so far. I'd say the VersaLife track is closest to the original.

And #Jesus all the #Hashtags.

That's cool. Kind of weird/disappointing that it was done in an emulator and not an actual SID.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    That's cool. Kind of weird/disappointing that it was done in an emulator and not an actual SID.
    actualy most of the songs are recorded on the real hardware with a SID 8580 Chip and not in an emulator, versalife was not recorded on hardware becaus it was one of my very early songs

As a grizzled old C64 kid I’m enjoying these a lot - thanks for making and sharing them!

Same here, old C64 kid. These were a fun listen. Thanks.

hehe, yes, you guys are my targeted audience, I think to love this sound it's an advantage, when you grow up with that machine from 1982. Just imagine this music had where on your old computer disks in that time ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nordischsound View Post
    actualy most of the songs are recorded on the real hardware with a SID 8580 Chip and not in an emulator, versalife was not recorded on hardware becaus it was one of my very early songs
    Oh, weird, I thought GoatTracker only worked with sid emulators. Were you playing these on a C64/128 or a synth with an 8580 in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Oh, weird, I thought GoatTracker only worked with sid emulators. Were you playing these on a C64/128 or a synth with an 8580 in it?
    From Goat I export to SID, then I use my own code or PSID to create a PRG file which I load via SD-Card into my real C64, the new model. Then I start the recording with my mixer

I don't know the Deus Ex soundtrack at all, but I love the sound of these, so crunchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    I don't know the Deus Ex soundtrack at all, but I love the sound of these, so crunchy.
    Hehe, Thanks for listen

Awesome!