TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad news about bbb

bbb left an indelible mark on this community, both via his friendly presence as well as the wonderful missions he gave us. Even as someone who is often mostly a lurker here, I am still incredibly saddened by this. Thank you for everything, bbb.

This is sad news
    Rest in peace bbb! My condolences to your family.

Archivist
    What a sad news Rest in Peace Bryan.
    Thank you for your contributions to this community. I remember "Lady Lisa's Harbor"
    Condolences to the family.

This is a big loss to our community. My deepest condolences to his family.

RIP

His missions always managed to capture the feel of the original Thief missions and could even be mistaken for such - always simple yet effective architecture and a variety of themes made the missions a blast to play.

He will be truly missed.

So very sad to hear of Bryan's passing and sincere condolences to his family. His missions were and will continue to be very enjoyable to play. Rest in peace, taffer.

It's amazing how this gaming community has been around so long that some of us were considerably younger when it originally came out. I was 34 back then and so eager to get my hands on a truly unique and immersive game and Thief certainly met those criteria.

Long live the legacy of those who have passed on and I hope this community stays around long enough I can get my grandchildren interested in it too.

Sad news to say the least. So many mission authors have helped to make this community last so long and be so fun, he was certainly one of them. He will be missed by all.

I'm so very sad to read this news. bbb was a treasured member and I loved his amazing missions. But I will remember him best for the times he dropped in and diffused tricky situations with his unfailing kindness. My condolences to his family.

What a loss for the community I wish all the best to his friends and family during this difficult time.

This is sad news. R.I.P. bbb.

I've started replaying his missions starting with Lord Matt and his humor shows right away in the mission.

This is so sad. What he gave to the thief community is a treasure and will remain forever.
    My condolences to his family and friends

Sad to hear this about Bryan, was just playing Agustines's Revenge the other day and thinking what a an amazing Thief FM that was, R.I.P Bryan!

Hello all,

This is bbb's son, Matt; long-time Thief enthusiast, but an even bigger SS2 fanatic.

I wanted to thank you all for the condolences and wishes about my father. He held people in this community in the highest regard, and Thief was a major part of our gaming-oriented discussions. Alongside many of you, I played my father's missions (typically before release), and you can certainly see that he absorbed many of the qualities that Looking Glass Studios envisioned for the series and continued them through is missions. He always was a fan of hiding loot in the "nooks and crannies" and secrets that furthered the plot, beyond just the standard mission goals.

As many of you have stated, I will be spending the next few weeks replaying my father's missions and remembering the blood, sweat, and tears he poured into them for the enjoyment of, literally, thousands of people to download and enjoy.

Thank you all, again; your well-wishes and thoughts are a reminder of my father's touch on this community, and my family and I are grateful to see the response.

Matt, appreciate your kind response. This is an amazing community built around our common affinity for a fantastic video game universe and I appreciate it more all the time. I didn't realize your dad was a CFO until I read his obit. So cool how many walks of life cross paths in this forum because of a shared interest. At this time of Thanksgiving in the USA, I give thanks for all of you!

i just got done replaying bbb missions and they are so amazing,he was in my top 3 fan mission authors for life

i was wondering to his son did he have any unfinished mission for thief? if so i am sure a lot of talented fan mission authors would love to take a look

last i remember he said he was going to either do a new dark mission or a dark mod mission

also i hope to see a lot more in game area's/etc for bbb loved the one in lon more,but i think since i hold bbb in my top 3 i want to see something epic,like a easter egg room with some of his well know items in missions=healing fruit forsure :P

Damn, please pass my condolences to his family

How sad. RIP, Bryan. Our community will miss you greatly.

So sad to hear that. RIP Bryan.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123