TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign: Lonmore v1.3 (November 12, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    Thanks!
    Do you want tips on where the "other vault key" are?
    Yes please Just a rough hint. Sadly I have to work and can't scour the entire map again.

Search more in the court house

Many thanks for these missions Beltzer. I played on Expert, and fared rather better in mission 2 (4 out of 5 secrets) than mission 1 (just 2 out of 5), so I'm looking forward to the forthcoming walkthrough to clear up some mysteries.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 24th Nov 2021 at 08:49.

Quote Originally Posted by maika View Post
    totally baffled trying to find the code ... which office has the two switches ... i have done the two switches in the prez office but don;t see numbers ...please help
    Check around the bookcase carefully

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Many thanks for these missions Beltzer. I played on Expert, and fared rather better in mission 2 (4 out of 5 secrets) than mission 1 (just 2 out of 5), so I'm looking forward to the forthcoming walkthrough to clear up some myseries.
    You are very welcome

May I say "Thank you Beltzer" for this mission, even though I haven't played it yet? The anticipation alone brings me there. Finally another FM to let off steam. Thanks again !

Thanks!

Weird I tested with my install and did not encounter that "problem". Must be uncommon.

Almost the same thing happened in the bank, when I found the switch behind the painting in that office I frobbed it and it went down but after a reload (again because of reasons) the switch is unfrobbable and stuck in an upward position. I don't know what that switch is supposed to do and I hope it won't be gamebreaking.

Beltzer, I´m playing the updated V1.1 and the loot objective in mission two is still 5500 loot

Hello, could someone tell me where the mask room is. Thanks.

mission i stuck

i'm in the crypt and there are two rooms with coffins. in teh first rip bryan gleason ther are three crowns whta must i do there?

and one level down there is a coffing protectetd by a fog wall. how can i deactivate this fog?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Sahnebacke View Post
    May I say "Thank you Beltzer" for this mission, even though I haven't played it yet? The anticipation alone brings me there. Finally another FM to let off steam. Thanks again !
    You are very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Beltzer, I´m playing the updated V1.1 and the loot objective in mission two is still 5500 loot
    It's obvious I should not do FMs. I'm way too distracted. I changed it so it shows in the long objective description when you start the game, but forgot the short
    in-game one. I'm so clumsy. Sorry, i guess its gonna be a new release, AGAIN. I hope its OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Hello, could someone tell me where the mask room is. Thanks.
    Its downstairs. Look for a staircase.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    mission i stuck

i'm in the crypt and there are two rooms with coffins. in teh first rip bryan gleason ther are three crowns whta must i do there?

and one level down there is a coffing protectetd by a fog wall. how can i deactivate this fog?
    In Bryan's room, you don't need to do anything.
    Look for a coffin that you can open in the crypt. Use a hammer from the cathedral on the corpse.
    Last edited by Beltzer; 21st Nov 2021 at 08:48.

near of bryans room i found a coffin, but i can open it without the hammer and nothings happens.

how can i deactivate this fog wall, because behind of this wall there is a coffin

You have to frob the coffin with the corpse with the hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    You have to frob the coffin with the corpse with the hammer.
    yes buit nothing happens. i can hold the coffin lid nad that's it.

is it the right coffin ?

There is only one coffin with a corpse in there. Have you frobbed it with the golden hammer? Then the barrier should be gone.

thx for your patience is works.

but I#m still looking for the mask for the diary and for some proffs angains the murderer

has anybody some hints please?

thx for your patience is works.

but I#m still looking for the mask for the diary and for some proffs angains the murderer

has anybody some hints please?
    The mask is in the mansion, in the northern part of the city.
    The proof is in the asholes apartment, NW part of town.

mission i stuck

in the first room - nothing.
    for the other - go back to room where you dropped something on the desk. look at the wall over the bed.

Finished the campaign with 5 hours total game time.
    Good job Beltzer, this was one of the best city fan missions i ve played yet and for me also your best fan mission yet.

Hightlights of this fan mission where for me:
    The hammerite crypt (design and atmosphere where 10/10)
    The spooky house of mission 1 (great horror atmosphere and unique design)
    The side story with the murderer was also interesting

Things that could have been better or that I missed.
    while the side story of the murder and his initiation (texts about him, victims, etc) were great the encounter with him in mission 2 was quite lame.
    I mean he was just sleeping in a hidden side room
    The encounter with him could ve been done a lot better with for example traps in the house, some scripting like in the spooky house or anything.

Overall I enjoyed this fan mission very much. For me your fan missions belong to the most enjoyable of all. I am looking forward for your next projects.

It's obvious I should not do FMs. I'm way too distracted. I changed it so it shows in the long objective description when you start the game, but forgot the short in-game one. I'm so clumsy.
    Imagine how confused and clumsy I must be - I was looking for exactly this problem (just in case it existed) in v1.1 and did not see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Akai™ View Post
    while the side story of the murder and his initiation (texts about him, victims, etc) were great the encounter with him in mission 2 was quite lame.
    The encounter with him could ve been done a lot better with for example traps in the house, some scripting like in the spooky house or anything.
    It was not exactly the peak of built-up tension, but it may fit in logically. The killer might have assaulted his last victim the very night Garrett finds him, and has to rest after all his nightly actions. So he retreats into his hidden room in order to have some protection if the guards come looking for him once again, but falls asleep there.

My own opinion of the two missions is good overall. Lots of rooftop activities, not too many very difficult situations, and some scenery and in-game conversations, including the one with Garrett's employer - a good alternative to a full-blown briefing movie. Nice views over the roofs and onto decorated facades of Lonmore, a town having a look that is rather different from cities like Dayport and The City (as they are usually portrayed in the first two games and the majority of fan missions).

There are only two major gripes I have with the campaign: First, I also had two rather low-spec computers that responded with serious lagging when looking down into the city streets (or rather the grey mist we see there). I don't know why that slows down these two machines, because other views from high up (such as in T2's Om "Life of the Party") usually work better with low-spec machines than these in "Lonmore". The views over the roofs also led to lags, but I experience this also with better machines. I think the Dark Engine just has trouble with these wide open views. However, these looks are (at least for me) an essential part of the "Lonmore experience", and therefore I think that nothing can/should be done about this (unless there would be no noticeable change to the visuals). And a third computer that had a slightly better graphics card did play "Lonmore" almost without any lags. Onboard and CPU graphics, however, appear to be rather weak for this campaign, but I don't know how it could be substantially improved without changing the missions so much that they would be very different from what we have now.

The second gripe are the labyrinths in the second mission. There is the one in the air vents, as well as the other one in the cellars and sewers. It is hard to orient oneself there, and I did not really know why I should walk arount there, except for that I thought I had explored everything else and just had to go there to find something that somehow would get me back on track to achieve the goals. And Ducarius' house not only was yet another labyrinthic area, but also had far more corridors than a usual house needs. The house seemed to consist of more corridors than rooms.

So, while the labyrinthic parts of mission 2 were not my type of area for a mission, it was overall a good campaign nonetheless, and it really felt like Garrett was in another city than The City or Dayport, which is nice to have a change.

It was not perfect but well worth playing it.

If players are experiencing lagging when looking across wide open spaces it can help by checking you have the latest drivers installed on your comp, NVidia update their drivers regularly and I’ve found in the past significant improvement to lagging can be resolved by doing this.

The graphics hardware in my machines is rather old and there will most likely not be any newer driver versions - the manufacturers already stated that. Upgrading the machines also is not a useful option. Buying a new computer just for a few missions is out of the question as well, especially since the graphics hardware market is very problematic at this time, and most likely will be for some months still.

I don't blame anyone for that, and I won't call "Lonmore" bad because of this problem. But I won't do anything about the situation either at this time - it does not make much sense due to the machines' age and other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai™ View Post
    Finished the campaign with 5 hours total game time.
    Good job Beltzer, this was one of the best city fan missions i ve played yet and for me also your best fan mission yet.

Hightlights of this fan mission where for me:
    The hammerite crypt (design and atmosphere where 10/10)
    The spooky house of mission 1 (great horror atmosphere and unique design)
    The side story with the murderer was also interesting

Things that could have been better or that I missed.

Overall I enjoyed this fan mission very much. For me your fan missions belong to the most enjoyable of all. I am looking forward for your next projects.
    Big thanks for your words, its warming to read I'm glad you liked it.
    As baeuchlein mentioned, maybe its logically that Piran is sleeping. But i agree with the fact that it could have been more exciting.
    I'll think of it in the future

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Imagine how confused and clumsy I must be - I was looking for exactly this problem (just in case it existed) in v1.1 and did not see it!

It was not exactly the peak of built-up tension, but it may fit in logically. The killer might have assaulted his last victim the very night Garrett finds him, and has to rest after all his nightly actions. So he retreats into his hidden room in order to have some protection if the guards come looking for him once again, but falls asleep there.

My own opinion of the two missions is good overall. Lots of rooftop activities, not too many very difficult situations, and some scenery and in-game conversations, including the one with Garrett's employer - a good alternative to a full-blown briefing movie. Nice views over the roofs and onto decorated facades of Lonmore, a town having a look that is rather different from cities like Dayport and The City (as they are usually portrayed in the first two games and the majority of fan missions).

There are only two major gripes I have with the campaign: First, I also had two rather low-spec computers that responded with serious lagging when looking down into the city streets (or rather the grey mist we see there). I don't know why that slows down these two machines, because other views from high up (such as in T2's Om "Life of the Party") usually work better with low-spec machines than these in "Lonmore". The views over the roofs also led to lags, but I experience this also with better machines. I think the Dark Engine just has trouble with these wide open views. However, these looks are (at least for me) an essential part of the "Lonmore experience", and therefore I think that nothing can/should be done about this (unless there would be no noticeable change to the visuals). And a third computer that had a slightly better graphics card did play "Lonmore" almost without any lags. Onboard and CPU graphics, however, appear to be rather weak for this campaign, but I don't know how it could be substantially improved without changing the missions so much that they would be very different from what we have now.

The second gripe are the labyrinths in the second mission. There is the one in the air vents, as well as the other one in the cellars and sewers. It is hard to orient oneself there, and I did not really know why I should walk arount there, except for that I thought I had explored everything else and just had to go there to find something that somehow would get me back on track to achieve the goals. And Ducarius' house not only was yet another labyrinthic area, but also had far more corridors than a usual house needs. The house seemed to consist of more corridors than rooms.

So, while the labyrinthic parts of mission 2 were not my type of area for a mission, it was overall a good campaign nonetheless, and it really felt like Garrett was in another city than The City or Dayport, which is nice to have a change.

It was not perfect but well worth playing it.

As i wrote to Akai™, the thing with Piran could be more exciting.
    Thanks for the mini review, i'll think of those things in the future

Mission 1:
    I have a couple of keys I can't find a use for (attic, museum), I can't find a code for the chest in the library office or keys for the bank sub-vaults.
    Maybe because I can't find a way over to the NW section of the map? I am getting a little frustrated trying to get around; new_mantle is on, but I keep falling off ledges and failing to pull myself up onto balustrades, often then falling to my death. I feel like my jump is shorter than usual, too.
    Some others have reported low frame rate in open areas, and I'm also getting this. My PC can play relatively modern games at high settings, so this was disorienting. It also took a long time to save and to load.
    Also, a part of the ambient rain loop has sounds that are very similar to the guards' lip-smacking/teeth-sucking sound, and it has me constantly on edge.

Hot take time: I find the side-story of someone raping and murdering around town distasteful. It's bad enough hearing conversations & reading reading notes, but then finding dead bodies & naked victims spoils my experience playing.

I will say, though: the spooky house genuinely startled me multiple times, and had a great sense of dread. I hated it in the best way.
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 24th Nov 2021 at 00:04. Reason: adding some technical difficulties

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast