TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thief 1 FM - Elemental Excursion (Released 2022-05-29)

Thief 1 FM - Elemental Excursion (Released 2022-05-29)

Hello Taffers!

I am proud to present to you my new Fan Mission for Thief1, "Elemental Excursion"! It's a small city mission contained in a 64 foot cube. It is jam packed with details and has a lot of interesting AI behaviors. I started this mission some years ago, but within the last few weeks I picked it up again, created a story, and developed it into an actual mission. Before this month, it was just the streets and mostly Jorge. I think you'll find it a quick and fun diversion. There are a couple of interesting differences in difficulty levels beyond the standard objectives. Ghosters should find it an interesting challenges to get all the loot and pickpockets, and it *should* be perfect ghost-able as well.

The story is... "Before he was fired from his job, Sammy Smalls hid a valuable canister of refined phosphorus in the local alchemal refinery. Retrieve it and you'll get a large cut of the sale."

Here are some screenshots. (Brightness levels has been increased for better viewing).

Download
    Elemental Excursion 1.0b - Mediafire - Update released 2022-08-05

Old version(s):
    Elemental Excursion 1.0a - Mediafire - Originally released 2022-04-29
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 5th Aug 2022 at 21:49.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Woohoo, congrats AM_16! And a T1 FM to boot!

Got it! Looking forward to playing. Thanks!

Congratulations on the release! The screenshots look really nice. Looking forward to playing Elemental Excursion.

Nice small 20-minutes-tier mission. Even with some optional jumpcrawling workarounds and unexpected nuances. The floor is lava!

will play it when later today,thank you anti matter

Thank you! Love a new FM to taff about in

Dat look good! Will play this evening.

Edit: Short and sweet, just the mission for Monday evening.
    Last edited by zajazd; 30th May 2022 at 13:37.

Congratulations on the release AntiMatter, nice little mission.

Thanks for this; it was a great bitesize bit of fun.

Congratulations on the release, really enjoyed it!

cool mission

Nice mission!

Didn't ghost it but played on expert. got 594/700 loot. Did I miss a secret or something?
    I really enjoy bite sized missions like this.

The little fire mage surprise was fun. Keep it up!

pathfinding bug the 2nd level refinery guard is stuck on the bottom level under the servant room - he is walking into the wall instead of going up the stairs.

Congratulations AM_16 on the new release

Great compact mission - enjoyed the challenge of ghosting as well although I usually resort to my blackjack . Had to track down all those 2-gold coins but succeeded with a few reloads - those AI are pretty jumpy! Just enough moss arrows for those metal floors on Expert but you don't want to waste any.

Looking forward to further missions.

Nice mission, could have been ment as a contest FM with room limitation. Played hard (that was the right decision, I'd never be patient enough to ghost a mission like that) and looted 490/700 ... sufficient but I wonder where the rest may be hidden.

Couple of bits of semi-hidden loot that took me over 600

Attic above the mage's room (hatch is visible in the ceiling when you enter)
    Turbine area above the exit door (fortunately does not trigger mission complete) accessible via mantling from pub garden wall

Nice little mission, AntiMatter_16! Especially the tavern area. Got 690 loot but I can not find the main objective, the phosphorus. Scraped the whole refinery and workshop area, but I could not get a glimpse of it anywhere. Can I have a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by szabikka View Post
    Nice little mission, AntiMatter_16! Especially the tavern area. Got 690 loot but I can not find the main objective, the phosphorus. Scraped the whole refinery and workshop area, but I could not get a glimpse of it anywhere. Can I have a hint?
    With the loot you have you must have been in the area where the phosphorous is hint: high up bigger spoil: high voltage

A new FM, cool! Gonna check it out this weekend

Finished with 694/700 loot on expert. Cool quick mission.

This is small all right city mission. I tried to do blind ironman ghost run only to fail miserably at the beginning. I had huge problem finding canister and needed to check forum for that, because I classified mantling on machines as unintended solution. Found only 600 loot, so I guess last piece of loot is some tiny ring located somewhere as I think I found every small coin to find. Also I encountered 3 small bugs:

1. Guard patrolling workshop can occasionally get stuck walking into wall at the bottom of stairs.
    2. Blocking vent leading to top floor of workshop will push you away. If you frob this vent again it will fly away.
    3. Portcullis at the starting point can be pushed away. I managed to push to the lamppost. I never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    With the loot you have you must have been in the area where the phosphorous is hint: high up bigger spoil: high voltage
    Thanks for the hint! As Galaer mentions above, finding the phosphorus is difficult, because mantling on machines is usually not required for proceeding with the mission. Anyways, it's a nice little mission with clever design in many places. I really liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by szabikka View Post
    finding the phosphorus is difficult,
    Checking beams is one of the main rules in this game. Do we even have a dozen FMs where there are beams but absolutely nothing on them? Check beams for the love of Karras!

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Checking beams is one of the main rules in this game. Do we even have a dozen FMs where there are beams but absolutely nothing on them? Check beams for the love of Karras!
    But there is always something on wooden beams, because you can easily rope up to them. This beam isn't made out of wood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast