TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM : KATHARSIS V1.1 (Released:12/02/2021)(Updated:12/12/2021)

First Mission??!!, Wow. I'm impressed. I enjoyed this so much.

Up to 7032 loot now, with all secrets. Also found a little cabin with a girl ghost, a female zombie and some graves. That wasn't a secret though and nothing to pick up there. Also, I can see a dock by a pond and another cabin in the distance out a window in the first dining hall. Saw two civilians there, with one patrolling, so I thought perhaps I could get there. Since I found all the secrets, I guess perhaps not. Just another dangling carrot?

One area that I think someone asked about earlier but was left unanswered: In the water underneath the main entrance to the mech headquarters (the door you need 2 gear keys to open), there are 2 panels on either side of a pillar structure. This definitely looks like it could open. Since the big door was timed, I figured they'd open at the same time, but they didn't. Is there a way in there?

Finally, can you get to the bottom floor of the control tower in the middle of the grotto pool? You can see there's a room there through the floor panels, but there seems to be no way down.

Thanks again, Personne, for an awesome experience.
    Last edited by klatremus; 12th Dec 2021 at 01:19.

In the water underneath the two gear locked switches there are tiny switches agains the wall at the bottom that can open the panel (one on each side)

Behind those panels are switches that can open the timed door independently of the gear controlled switches.

Version 1.1 with bug fixes is now up - check post #1 for the download links and post#2 for the changelog.
    Last edited by lordhern; 12th Dec 2021 at 10:57. Reason: v1.1 now released

Thank you everyone involved in fixing a few issues with this mission (Personne, Glypher and the beta testers) as many people have said before this is an exceptionally good mission and deserved a little bit of tidying up.

I can confirm all the loot is now available plus a bit more (7989g now available) and that the bonus goal dolls do not disappear from you inventory when you stand on the tomb, but players are advised NOT to stand on the tomb when placing the dolls on the tomb as if you do that the puff of smoke does not show and so the bonus goal does not trigger, so place the dolls on the tomb whilst standing beside it. If you not not see a puff of smoke, step off the tomb, pick up the doll and drop it again and all will be good. Bottom line don't defile the tomb with dirty shoes whilst showing your respects.
    Last edited by fortuni; 17th Dec 2021 at 09:29.

You probably should spoiler tag the last paragraph there, Fortuni. At least the part about the bonus objective.

Wow, what an awesome mission ! I had lag in open spaces but it was worth it. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Congratulations on your first mission, looking forward to playing

That's a first, to be asked to make a dml in the read me file.
    I was very impressed with this mission especially for a first release. There were a couple of issues that I noticed while playing, but they don't really affect gameplay that much. In the room where the mechanists knock on the door, there is a bell object on the coffee table that has unscaled physical dimensions, so I was running into that object while walking next to the table. Also there is a fence outside that surrounds a tower of some sort, and there are two or three AI standing in front of the fence. When they spotted me they tried to run through the fence rather than around it.

I really enjoyed playing this on Expert even though I was limited to one health shield, but I don't know why none of the health potions or food healed me.

I've played both versions on Challenge and found 7 of 8 secrets both times, the same ones each time I think. I'm looking forward to a complete list of secrets so I can finally find the last one.

Two other questions:
    1. Is the grave area that can be seen through a grate below the floor of the chapel accessible?
    2. Why all the breath potions in the treasure room? I haven't found any water passage that needs even one.

@Marbrien: That grave area cannot be accessed. If searching around in the water in the main grotto, breath potions come in handy. I used all of them the first time I searched around there. I think there are 10-12 of them available in the mission. Let me know what secrets you have found and I can maybe hint to which one you're missing. Did you find the hanging man? Vent by barracks elevator? Room under grate in treasure room? 2 switches in shower building?

The first two, definitely yes.

I didn't find any secret in the treasure room itself (the room with the mask). In the room adjacent to the mask there was some loot behind a large moveable crate and a room at the foot of the nearby elevator shaft.

Shower room - one switch for sure, I may have missed the second, unless it allowed you access to the roof. I'll go back and check. Thanks.

I call the whole building the treasure room. The secret is actually on the bottom floor of the shaft with all the cameras. It opens the floor vent. The two switches in the shower building are in very similar locations, just reversed, if that makes sense.

Thanks Klatemus. It was the second one in the shower room (the one further from the ladder leaning aganist the wall) that I had missed. I also missed about 1,300 loot somewhere, but I did find where the particle bridge is stored early on before it is deployed!

I do have a complete loot list and so does fortuni, but we haven't made them public yet. If you want to look at it, send me a pm.

Thanks for the offer. But excellent though this mission is, after two fairly thorough play throughs I need to take a break from it!

Fantastic Mission! very thoughtful and creative layout. I will replay this one shortly, for the bonus objective! Congrats on a stellar first mission, and look to see more from you!

Wow, this is such a fantastic mission. I so love missions with that kinda creepy atmosphere & no undead. Also the readables, secrets & hidden loot. Everything is so well done!

My favourite part has got to be the grave of a kid with the inscription from their parents. The chair with the bottle and the window with a view to some houses with lights & the snowy scenery, it so reminded me of eternautas style. Simply gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Thanks, fortuni!

Could someone please tell me how to get on the roof of the central pod? There´s some loot up there according to the lootlist but I have no idea how to get up there

Samantha inside the main building when your halfway along the high access tunnel (above the entrance hall) look up, you'll see a hole with a vine arrow useable grill above that hole, that gets you onto the roof of that access tunnel.

Found it, thank you!

For anyone else having trouble finding the way to the roof: When you stand in the main building´s entrance hall, go straight through the chapel and use the stairs to the right. Then follow the hallway until the end, go through the door and take a look at your right. There´s a ladder going up. Climb the ladder and go through the first door on the left. In that hallway look up until you find a hole with a useable grill for your vine arrow. Now you are in the access tunnel that will lead you to the roof where the loot piece is.

You can also just mantle up from the wires that connect to the central pod from the outside. There are several places where the top fence has a gap.

Hmm but that won´t get you to the roof where the loot is, right? I tried it several times with the wires but never could reach the place from there.

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    This is an exquisitely made mission. Artistic, lot's of storytelling mearly by using well placed items to make you understand that something happened, for example, the fight around the gabbling table. The sadness is thick all over. The songs lyrics around, the lost opportunities, the gloomy environment, the surreality of this unique place, the music theme, is as if I play Thief but at the same time, as if it is a whole different game.I am finding various places to explore, being currently inside the main building, but still, I want to go out again, to not leave any "stone unturned " , so to speak. I can see the author's is a very sensitive person with great creative potentials. And I don't want to finish it.... I am in awe. Thank you Personne!
    Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto
    Simply awesome for any mission, much less a first!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast