TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Ravensreach (Jan 2022)

This image might make it clearer: https://nickdablin.files.wordpress.c...kullpuzzle.png

Use the skull to open each of the four doors in turn.

nicked
    tried many times, nothing opens :-(

1) Are you using DarkLoader?
    2) Are you using NewDark 1.27?
    3) Are you using Thief 2, not Thief Gold?

nicked, please, I have a question:
    in the spider zone (behind the entrance with the three skulls) - behind the metal door - is the elevator supposed to be functional?

DirkBogan
    1) yes
    2) yes
    3) yes
    but I think there's something wrong with my Thief :-(

There is something wrong with your Thief: Darkloader has been outdated for 10 years now and breaks a whole lot of things. You'll need to make a new install and use either the included FMSel or AngelLoader by FenPhoenix.

DirkBogan,
    sorry, correction, I don't use darkloader, but the new Angelloader (1.5.4).
    but I'll probably have to reinstall anyway. :-(

nicked,
    sorry, but ... I reinstalled Thief, again nothing works. I've been playing for many years but never had similar problems.
    For me, it's a cursed mission. :-o

Thank you all for your help,
    just reinstalling didn't help. I had to delete everything and completely reinstall everything including add-ons. Now it works as it should.
    Now it's a very nice mission :-))

Them danged blurry monsters, I though I was having vision problems for a minute there... how did you do that?

I hate invisible enemies that are immune to nearly every weapon in my arsenal

Fortunately they can be killed

Spotting the buggers is a pita though

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    Them danged blurry monsters, I though I was having vision problems for a minute there... how did you do that?
    they have "heat disks" attached. in stock thief 1/2, heat disks are only used for fire arrows in flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I hate invisible enemies that are immune to nearly every weapon in my arsenal

Fortunately they can be killed

Spotting the buggers is a pita though
    They kinda gave themselves away to me because they wouldn't ever shut up.

They're actually just stock game apparitions, but invisible and with a heat disk attached. And less health.

nicked,

This was a fantastic mission. I was doing my best to supreme ghost it, but alas I had to extinguish one light source to meet my loot goal. I'm not sure its possible to supreme "KLATREMUS? "
    I had the hair on my arms stand up a few times, truly cool puzzles and tricky moments.

I loved the map layout, texture choices, atmosphere and damn creepy AI. Thanks for such a great time with this one.

excellent work

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenus1 View Post
    I'm not sure its possible to supreme "KLATREMUS? "

It was built to be regular ghostable - no idea if supreme is possible, but if anyone can do it...

I got there in the end. Very good. Thank you nicked.
    Loot 2628/3085 and 3/7 secrets.

Trivial feedback for what itís worth Ö I had problems right at the end.
    On Normal difficulty with all objectives met and with the Library side door key, the screen repeatedly froze whenever I came in vicinity of a mushroom-man who was dead or unconscious (via gas-arrow) and the spores were long gone. Also when I got to the library and opened the side door the game froze on the first time I went through. The next time after restarting I ran straight through and the mission completed OK. I imagine itís because of the age of my laptop (4GB RAM) and operating system (Win7). Over 3 days, spor(!)-adically coming back to saves, I completed.
    Thank you again!

Just started playing and I can tell already that it is another masterpiece by nicked. Funny enough, although the low-fi textures are supposed to remind you playing Thief 1, the snow trolls, the textures and the design reminds me of Tomb Raider II!

Nicked, I'm so sorry I couldn't finish betatesting your mission. It's as always a great mission to play. I really had fun with those spiders near the small pool. I either lured them into the water where they drowned, or hacked them with my sowrd. I killed 54 of them, while always new ones showing up.
    Then I stopped hacking them and went on.
    I'm having problems finding the green gem key. I'm already found the blue one and I saw I also need a red one. I also got the air and water rune.
    So now I'm stuck, what to do next?

Found the green key.
    Where is the red one?
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 22nd Jan 2022 at 01:09.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Found the green key.
    Where is the red one?
    Have you been into all three houses yet? Each has its entrance down below, right beside the entrances to the other houses. they have 1, 2, and 3 skulls over their entrances, so if you havent been into the red house yet, you probably overlooked its entrance when you were in the area.

If you have been inside, the key to each house is in the upper levels of it, on a desk or table. if you have overlooked it, just go back in again to take another look: the keys are not hidden.

(i cant point you to the exact location of it because i cant remember, sorry!)

The Area with the mushroom covered patrols is giving me major anxiety but seriously awesome FM!

Thanks for the help, but how do I open the metal doos with just one skeleton over the doors?
    I can see a lever, but can't reach it. I probably must open it from the inside. I gues that's where I have to be to get the red key.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Thanks for the help, but how do I open the metal doos with just one skeleton over the doors?
    I can see a lever, but can't reach it. I probably must open it from the inside. I gues that's where I have to be to get the red key.

in the middle of the room is a skull with glowing purple eyes. you can frob it. pay close attention around you when you do. if you can't figure out what it does: it opens a different one of four doors every time you frob it; this is the puzzle to be solved to get into the red house.

just replayed mission for a second time and this time the key to exit was in bottom of library,first time it was in spider room with tile work on floor,where is the third area key can be?

also like most other people said i feel the mushroom guys are amazing,would love to see a entire series of fan missions on them

also if you ever do an update can you please put the people we lost names in the small cemetery,as it was a nice safe area to rest at

and ofcourse i feel dewdrop should have been in the room to the left as you enter where the room with gear was on floor with some sacks

also were there any healing fruit in mission i did not find any that one area through that bit of water where the urn secret is a healing fruit would have been perfect there a bit below the shaft by secret

also i hate soul fire candles a a lot,they kept relighting at the worst time,and why was the golden snake loot not in mission the one that is eating itself,i was sure i would have found it in library/also library seems a bit empty for loot

3 possible exits is amazing that is something that should be used more as when you think about how one ending is usually how its done seems weird after having 3 options

nicked amazing job a true classic forsure

also is it possible to kill the white beasts and the tree beast in lowest part of the mushroom beast area and the stone guards at end?

and only got 6/7 secrets even with list of where they at i cant find one something about elevator but i got one on rafters so not sure where else it can be

also about exit door i ran as fast as i could to try to reach the pure black spot at very end but was not able to get down final path,mission needs 1 speed potion

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast