TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Like a bat out of hell, he'll be gone when the morning comes...

Like a bat out of hell, he'll be gone when the morning comes...

Meat Loaf dies at 74:
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...YVP?li=BBoPWjQ

Some amazing songs came from that man. My personal recommendation? Him & Marion Raven singing "It's All Coming Back To Me Now". For so long I'd only known it being sung by Celine Dion from back in the day... but when I finally learned of the existence of his version, I fell in love with it instantly and it remains the best version of the song I've ever heard:

His name is Robert Paulson.

Rest in peace. During my last office party we had a karaoke set and I sung Paradise By The Dashboard Light as a duet with a female co-worker. Fun times.

SShock2.com

Dead Ringer For Love shaped a part of my childhood. As I grew up, I was never more than a casual fan, until Fight Club, but that song had a strong impact on me, and I am very much grateful. It was probably the first song I made up my own gibberish lyrics to, since I didn't yet speak English.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    Rest in peace. During my last office party we had a karaoke set and I sung Paradise By The Dashboard Light as a duet with a female co-worker. Fun times.
    It's what my wife and I sing at karaoke. A long winded song but fun to sing. Of course when I heard it for the first time it was the sort of thing happening too so it engraved itself as a part of those days.

It was sad to hear of his passing. Another one down. It's like dying piecemeal for me.

Take him to the garden and bury him.

I was surprised he lasted as long as he did. I saw him around 2003/4 and that gig had been postponed once because of his health problems. Not my music really, but my ex was into rock, and... I would do anything for love.

He was wheeled onto the stage on a hospital bed, by dancers dressed as nurses. I couldn't help but admire that. I'm not sure if the three hour plus concert running time was a bigger test of my stamina or his. Still, a great showman and a genuine one-off.