TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long with Biden be president?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term

    9 36.00%
  • 2 Terms

    6 24.00%
  • Impeachment

    2 8.00%
  • Incapacitated

    8 32.00%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 154

Thread: Biden

  1. #101
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2024
    Location: Egyptian Afterlife
    Yeah but he was more of a con man than a millionaire, like say, Trump for example.

  2. #102
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    No true Scotsman, eh?

  3. #103
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Mossad Time Machine
    But apart from all those rich guys who've been sent to prison, you never see a rich guy get sent to prison.

  4. #104
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DuatDweller View Post
    Yeah but he was more of a con man than a millionaire, like say, Trump for example.
    Lol. Trump is more conman and less rich.

  5. #105
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Let's not allow the orange menace infect Biden's thread. There's already 700 pages sacrificed to its ego.

  6. #106
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2024
    Location: Egyptian Afterlife
    Sorry I meant millionaire like Bill Gates.

  7. #107
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2024
    Location: Egyptian Afterlife
    Seems like Biden is going straight to a nursing home

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe...lass-rcna96666

    WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Hur has declined to prosecute President Joe Biden for his handling of classified documents but said in a report released Thursday that Biden’s practices “present serious risks to national security” and added that part of the reason he wouldn't charge Biden was that the president could portray himself as an "elderly man with a poor memory" who would be sympathetic to a jury.

  8. #108
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: The Plateaux Of Mirror
    He definitely needs to be put into some sort of assisted living facility with a capable staff to look after him. Maybe a nice little home in DC with good security and a balcony that overlooks the Washington Monument.

  9. #109
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by DuatDweller View Post
    Have you ever seen any politician or millionaire go to jail for a serious term 5-15 years or more?
    I wonder if there was any at all.
    OJ Simpson served 9 years.

  10. #110
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2024
    Location: Egyptian Afterlife
    Originally posted by Jason Moyer
    He definitely needs to be put into some sort of assisted living facility with a capable staff to look after him. Maybe a nice little home in DC with good security and a balcony that overlooks the Washington Monument.
    And you wonder why the economy is going to hell, I can't remember why, honestly.

  11. #111
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2002
    Location: In the flesh.
    The economy is doing quite well actually. Wall Street is on the verge of a new all time record and unemployment is super low. Inflation has eased to nearly nothing though prices never go down. We all know who have been paying attention that Covid did the worst damage there.

    And Biden may be losing some cognitive ability but he is nowhere near how low Trump is on that scale. Trump is 90% less at the start than where Biden currently is. Trump is all ego and no intellect. He does not even read books or surround himself with intelligent people. All he cares about is loyalty and yes men. I'm not worried about Biden. I fear the ignorant who will vote for a man without character who has shown he cares more about himself than he does the country. I fear Trump and his cult.

  12. #112
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2024
    Location: Egyptian Afterlife
    Well I always saw him as a spoiled rich guy who gets one's own way.

  13. #113
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    The economy is doing quite well actually. Wall Street is on the verge of a new all time record and unemployment is super low.
    The economy is definitely not doing well and I have no idea what super low employment means when there are nearly continuous layoffs and I've never had this much trouble finding a job in my entire life. If the economy is doing well it is only for the upper class and the wealthy. Nobody else is doing well.

  14. #114
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2002
    Location: In the flesh.
    Inflation has been quelled. I recall the seventies when it hadn't been for a long time and this has only been a short time before the reign in this time. Super low unemployment is below 4%. Everything is personal of course. When it is you who can't find a job in the area you are in and in the profession you want it seems really bad because for you it is.

  15. #115
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    The economy is definitely not doing well...
    The economy is doing so well that cherry pickers are having difficulty finding specifics to quibble about.

    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    ..I have no idea what super low employment means when there are nearly continuous layoffs...
    16,000 layoffs is a big news story. 350,000 new jobs over the same time period is a buried statistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    If the economy is doing well it is only for the upper class and the wealthy. Nobody else is doing well.
    Lower to median wages are up. Upper-middle is a bit stagnant.

  16. #116
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    The 350,000 new jobs are either low paying part time or contract shit jobs with no benefits.

    There's been far more than 16,000 people laid off. Plus shit-canning thousands of remote jobs and then creating in office replacements is not creating jobs. you guys are high AF.

  17. #117
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    Actually, they're not high...their minds have been sufficiently propagandized by selective communication channels.

    They are completely unaware of this due to preprogramed conditioning...That is why no amount of logic or reasoning will convince them.

  18. #118
    "In flation is down to 4%..." So inflation is still happening.

    Also, this disastrous Biden speech is a hit job. It shows the powers that be in DC have decided to get rid of him. I assume the Poor Man's Patrick Bateman, aka Gavin Noose 'em will be taking over soon.
    Last edited by RippedPhreak; 10th Feb 2024 at 09:14.

  19. #119
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: Netherlands
    Inflation down from what was it, over 10% at least in my country, down to 4% isn’t bad. Ideally it should be around 2%, not 0% as some people believe (Google it if you want an explanation to why 2% is better than 0%).

  20. #120
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: The Plateaux Of Mirror
    The macroeconomy is doing very very well. I have quibbles about wealth inequality, a failure to have social safety nets, housing shortages, and so forth, but there's no question the economy as a whole is booming. The economic problems we have on a societal level started with Nixon, got significantly worse under Reagan, got a little better under Bush/Clinton, and have taken a nosedive since Clinton left office. It's not like Biden took office and suddenly wages began to stagnate and housing became unaffordable.

  21. #121
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Actually, they're not high...their minds have been sufficiently propagandized by selective communication channels.

    They are completely unaware of this due to preprogramed conditioning...That is why no amount of logic or reasoning will convince them.
    Part of what they are saying is trolling but Tocky is definitely high. I've seen enough of his pics to be judgmental about things he might do in his spare time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    The macroeconomy is doing very very well. I have quibbles about wealth inequality, a failure to have social safety nets, housing shortages, and so forth, but there's no question the economy as a whole is booming. The economic problems we have on a societal level started with Nixon, got significantly worse under Reagan, got a little better under Bush/Clinton, and have taken a nosedive since Clinton left office. It's not like Biden took office and suddenly wages began to stagnate and housing became unaffordable.
    The macroeconomy might be doing well but only for certain industries and wealth levels but that has to be an average skewed by the rich getting richer at a very high rate while the middle class slips down into poverty and the poor are swept up in tent clearing actions and pushed down to the next town.

    In a recent interview I had someone had left a bunch of meeting notes on the white board of a meeting room I was in for the interview. They literally listed all the ways to cut costs and most of them were cuts at the lowest levels of employees, including cutting their hours, cutting full time jobs and adding more part time ones with no benefits, and adding contractors like me. There wasn't a single mention of cutting managers or CEO bonuses or pay or benefits of any kind on that board. My ex is a hiring manager at an aerospace company and they are getting ready to pull everyone back into the office from their remote positions in order to naturally cut employees out that will quit. Then they are adding entry level low paid or unpaid internships to replace seasoned employees in order to cut costs. Not a single upper manager or the CEO is affected in any way. Of course these things are out of Biden's control but he looks like a total ass saying that things are going well. Of course he and his friends, including Republicans, are doing well. Biden isn't doing fuck-all about strengthening unions by making it harder to send low level jobs overseas. He hasn't done shit to circumvent Trumps fucked up tax bill which largely affects the lower and middle class. He may not be as embarrassing as Trump but his administration is pretty worthless to the very people that voted for him.

  22. #122
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    The 350,000 new jobs are either low paying part time or contract shit jobs with no benefits.
    If the first part were true, median wages would be dropping instead of rising. If the latter part true, those types of jobs would be high and rising instead of low and falling. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/NPBNDEC156MSFRBPHI You just make stuff up and pretend like it counters the facts that you clearly don't understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    There's been far more than 16,000 people laid off.
    Absolutely, but it's the 16k in headlines. Here's the thing. That 350k figure? That's net. There's simply 350k more people employed in January than in December. For every lay off, there's a hiring, and 350k new hirings over and above replacement. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/PAYEMS

    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    you guys are high AF.
    I mean, Tocky certainly partakes, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Actually, they're not high...their minds have been sufficiently propagandized by selective communication channels.

    They are completely unaware of this due to preprogramed conditioning...That is why no amount of logic or reasoning will convince them.
    This is some Grade A projection going on, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by RippedPhreak View Post
    So inflation is still happening.
    Of course, the U.S. has had net inflation for every year it's been tracked except 2009. The binary of "inflation/deflation" isn't very useful; heck, it would've never identified a problem in the first place. Inflation got relatively high (well, relative to U.S. norms, lol). It isn't very high anymore, even by that standard.

    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Part of what they are saying is trolling...
    We're here with the facts, you're making stuff up and pretending it counters them, who's trolling? (In case this wasn't clear enough, you are.)

    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    ...that has to be an average skewed by the rich getting richer at a very high rate...
    There's a reason I point to median wages instead of mean. So, no, that's not correct.

  23. #123
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2024
    Location: Egyptian Afterlife
    "Good, bad, I'm the man with the gun..."
    Conflicting info is not making this clear for me.
    Many say is all ok, but others say its not.

  24. #124
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2002
    Location: In the flesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Part of what they are saying is trolling but Tocky is definitely high. I've seen enough of his pics to be judgmental about things he might do in his spare time.
    I'm sure you have to say that because you can't counter my facts which are bureau of labor stats. How does it feel to know that you can't counter with anything but personal anecdote? No facts support your argument.

    It's true that there have not been the Democrats in congress to counter "Trumps fucked up tax bill". That is on us voters though. Too many are voting against their interest as middle and lower class working people by putting Republicans in. But that can't be laid at the feet of Biden. Fox and OAN are the propaganda wing pushing that. Considering we have just come out of a pandemic and have had to build our way back we ARE doing well. It can all go south again very soon if Trump is reelected. He wants to eliminate Federal income tax. How do you suppose that will work? Not for the good of the non wealthy. That is certain.

    I would love if we could elect people who would stand up for us (or at least side with us as Biden did with the Auto workers Union instead of going to management as Trump did) but the two choices we have are Trump and Biden. Biden hasn't done bad. He might not have done as well as you want PERSONALLY but by the stats, the ACTUAL stats, he hasn't done badly. The manipulation of interest rates has slowed inflation. As Pyrian pointed out, wages have been rising. But what you say is also true in that their are greedy companies cutting their own throats by cutting those who produce rather than top level fluff. Tell me how getting rid of Biden and installing Trump is going to help a damn thing on that count? Trump is the very sort to do that sort of crap. That or just declare bankruptcy and not pay those people.

    Lastly it is none of your damn business what I do in my spare time. Your being judgmental about it is a personal problem for you. But I haven't been "high" since I visited Colorado five years ago. What I do on a Friday is the same drug you do so don't weasel your way out of paying attention to stats that way.

    Edit: okay I do admit a certain resemblance to the Zig Zag man
    Last edited by Tocky; 10th Feb 2024 at 19:55.

  25. #125
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Apparently, some people in the US think Brandon got off easy with the documents case because of bad memory or something:

    Last edited by Starker; 10th Feb 2024 at 20:23.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •