TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Shift+Q key not working with an AZERTY keyboard in Thief Gold

Shift+Q key not working with an AZERTY keyboard in Thief Gold

Sup taffers,

I never was able to bind Shift as the speed modifier command as pressing Shift+Q using my French keyboard to slowly strafe left would simply not give any response. I bypassed this issue using Autohotkey but it makes my keybinds kind of a mess. Looking around in my keybind files it seems that Q+Shift is bound to a flight command, deleting this command line does nothing.

It only happens in Thief Gold weirdly enough, Thief 2 works just fine as it is. Does anyone know what's going on?

Hmm... I don't understand what's going on there. But in NewDark the user.bnd from Thief 2 will work in Thief Gold. So you could rename user.bnd in your Thief Gold directory so that TG won't read it, then copy your working user.bnd from Thief 2 into Thief Gold's directory and see if that works for you. *shrug*

I don't know if that will do what you need it to do, but it should be pretty quick and easy to test.

That didn't work unfortunately, thanks anyway. It seems like whatever Shift+Q is bound to is hardcoded into T1's engine, I have no clue why that is. It's perfectly playable using Autohotkey but it does bring some really minor annoyances in-game. I can definitely live with it, but it'd be nice if there's a fix.