TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reverse Robbery - Overhaul and re-release

Reverse Robbery - Overhaul and re-release

Hi folks,

I've done a pretty extreme rework of my mission Reverse Robbery. More guards, more loot, more places to explore, a more developed story! Thus I present the Reverse Robbery Directors Cut!

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dgz6bhepy...rsCut.zip?dl=1

It's also up at the Keep here: http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/

Briefing:
    Yesterday the Blackrose Bank got robbed. Unfortunately, that's MY bank. Someone broke through a
    wall in the basement, got right into the vault, and escaped with a good bit of coin.

The Baron has taken charge and sent in the bluecoats to do a full inventory to find out what's
    missing. All accounts are locked down until the investigation is completed. I can't have the
    government and the Watch looking at my finances, so I need to move fast.

I keep my most valued possessions in safety deposit box #28. All I need to do is get in quietly,
    grab my stuff and get out. Sounds like a simple job.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    - You will begin with one (on Normal) or two (on Hard/Expert) scrolls in your inventory. These
    notes describe your objectives in addition to the bank job.

- I recommend you don't run up to AIs that are having conversations, or shoot them. This can lead
    to them standing in one place forever instead of patrolling. This happens in the OMs too, so you
    should be used to it but just giving a reminder.

- Make sure that new_mantle is on (not commented out) in your cam_ext.cfg file under the Thief II
    main directory.

Many thanks to the Beta-Testers!
    - lordhern
    - Mat99
    - JackInTheBox
    Last edited by RippedPhreak; 15th May 2022 at 14:15.

I appreciated your work and looking forward to playing it again over the weekend. ��

Got and will play. Thanks!

Ha, I haven't finished the original for some reason. Now it is my chance to fix that. Let's cut the director (or whatever the FM's name is)

>This happens in the OMS too

What is OMS?

Original missions (T1 and T2)

Amazing, many thanks!

Wow, thank you for your hard work!
    The original version was already very big and intense. Definitely going to play the reworked mission this weekend.

OK, so what's the trick with the (new?) first part of the crypt puzzle?

I've pressed both buttons behind the angels, but nothing happens. Have I been locked out because I experimented with the pressure plates?

@Swiz - did you hear something after the 2nd button was pushed? check the middle area for something climbable that descended

Well, yeah, but there's a plaque up there that basically says "This was all a red herring"

Does this change depending on difficulty level? I'm on hard.
    Last edited by Swiz; 13th May 2022 at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    ...Does this change depending on difficulty level? I'm on hard.
    to be honest - I only test at the highest difficulty level. I know the loot available is same at every level.

No it does not change.

Im having trouble with the riddle aswell. I put rubble on the letters R E I and F (which is above). If I put anything on any other letter the haunts attack. What am I missing?

This is... mmm. This is a great mission, but a bad puzzle.

Apparently some people objected to me spoiling part of the answer too soon after release, but one man's spoiler is another man's prompt bug report, because I really did think I'd broken this.
    The answer is to spell a word that letter-by-letter, with order important. Fair enough.
    But... If you'd played the previous version and gone "Oh, yeah, I remember what the rubble (which is still present in this version) was for" you're at a disadvantage because you don't have to weigh them all down, but walk over them in order. And Thief is flaky about this, it's too easy to not actually trigger a plate, or trigger it twice, which breaks it and you have to restart.

But the real objection I have if that the hints are misleading. "No need to spell out clever plans"... but the answer is spelling something out. And then if you do everything correctly there's a plaque in a small room that says "No, that was all for nothing, best kill yourself", which makes me think at best I need to reload, at worst I've locked myself out of a bonus objective completely. But that is the room I actually need to be in to continue and start solving the puzzle!

So Swiz, are you still stuck or no? As for some things being misleading, well...the Hammers of the order of St Stefan want you to fail and die rather than loot the tomb of their most revered idol.

loving mission so far a lot left to do still also

Quote Originally Posted by RippedPhreak View Post
    So Swiz, are you still stuck or no? As for some things being misleading, well...the Hammers of the order of St Stefan want you to fail and die rather than loot the tomb of their most revered idol.
    No, I'm not stuck any more.
    And I'd give you that as a possible bluff - but there's a scroll from St. Stefan where he has a prophecy of the plot of Thief 1 that is completely on the ball. In fact, he's presented as uncannily accurate and more trustworthy and in balance than John. Q. Hammerite in general!

Agreed, but he wants only Garrett to find his tomb, not any random looter. And since he could see the future, he knows Garrett will find it. =)

I was actually going to place a message in the tomb that warns Garrett about something in his future, but could not think of anything really good.

ok quick bit of help i got the metal gear in bank,but where are other 3 i kinda wondered around this time in mission so missed a lot of place please spoil me with locations of other 3

It's up at the Keep (feel free to add a direct link in the thread's first post)

http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/mi...rectorsCut.zip
    Last edited by Komag; 15th May 2022 at 20:29.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Downwinder: In the bank there are two books that describe who holds the gears.

thank you checking now

ok i got 3/4 i got one gear in wharehouse,bank and the church,is last one in police station? as its the only other labeled area on map
    Last edited by downwinder; 14th May 2022 at 02:02.

Your missing gear is at edwin & smythes' place. If you remember thats the guy with the Information about stefans tomb riddle.

ty samantha1

any hints on warehouse code?
    Last edited by downwinder; 14th May 2022 at 04:58.

Downwinder, take a good look aroundthe pub near where you start.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast