TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What overturning Roe v. Wade could mean for birth control access, maternal care

Quote Originally Posted by mopgoblin View Post
    So how much force would he, personally, be willing to use to stop abortion?
    I don't know about him, but Pro-Forced Birthers have been committing acts of violence against abortion clinics, doctors who've performed abortions and women who've had or are seeking abortions since the early '90s. Don't tempt that nutjob; he sounds like one of those maniacs who would stone women who are trying to enter a Planned Parenthood clinic. What surprises me is that he claims to be a nurse, yet refers to abortions as 'infanticide' (obviously he's one of the more ignorant nurses *smh*). Tell him and other sexist pigs like him that mask-wearing in stores is being made mandatory again or that they HAVE to get a covid vaccination and see how quickly he turns Pro-Choice. But don't tempt him by asking how much force he'd be willing to use to stop abortion, he sounds mentally ill enough to interpret your question as a challenge.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-violence.html

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/politic...ic-protesters/

The biggest load of crap is that it has nothing to do with religion. Who the hell else would make a reference to Moloch? Notice he says he'll never bring God into it, but he gave himself away by referencing the Bible?

Only 22% of the U.S. population is Catholic, but the Supreme Court has been slowly, according to plan, been stuffed with a disproportionate super-majority of Catholics.

Only 15 out of 115 Supreme Court justices have ever been Catholic, but now there are 6 of 9 Catholics on the Court.

Only just a freaky coincidence that Roe is now being overturned.

Nothing having to do with religion at all.

Moderator and Priest
    Well, if you want a more secular explanation for banning abortion, just look to recent events for a nice example. We need to make abortion illegal to bolster the birthrate in the country, compensating for all the kids we lose in school shootings.

The national supply of newborns must be maintained at all times.

Moderator and Priest
    You may think me heartless, but you need to realize that I'm only advocating what's best for all of us. The tree of liberty must occasionally be watered with the blood of innocent bystanders.

Being "hard-core pro-life", I'd assume he's also a hardcore supporter of gun regulation and environmental regulations. Anything to preserve life, right? Or maybe this suddenly becomes one of those prices that are not too much to pay for liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Well, if you want a more secular explanation for banning abortion, just look to recent events for a nice example. We need to make abortion illegal to bolster the birthrate in the country, compensating for all the kids we lose in school shootings.

The national supply of newborns must be maintained at all times.
    Also, the GOP warmongers (who also hold stocks in our country's major defense contracting companies, i.e., Trump/Raytheon), play the Long Game and know they'll need cannon fodder down the road.

P.S. I'm assuming you were being sarcastic; I wasn't.

Moderator and Priest
    We need a steady supply of oprhans to fight in our future wars for Jesus!

It's certainly odd that in the US pro-life is the position of a friggin' death cult in any other respect.

We need a steady supply of oprhans to fight in our future wars for Jesus!
    But they have to be white and bred in the United States right? No immigrant babies?

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    But they have to be white and bred in the United States right? No immigrant babies?
    NO CHINAMEN, NO IRISH!

And no Mexicans either it seems.

Nah, they can go fight for us, and then get deported later. No, really.

Non-white babies are desperately needed as future 2nd amendment fodder.

El Shagmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    And no Mexicans either it seems.

Moderator and Priest
    Also, no Canadians. They weird us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    I don't know about him, but Pro-Forced Birthers have been committing acts of violence against abortion clinics, doctors who've performed abortions and women who've had or are seeking abortions since the early '90s. Don't tempt that nutjob; he sounds like one of those maniacs who would stone women who are trying to enter a Planned Parenthood clinic. What surprises me is that he claims to be a nurse, yet refers to abortions as 'infanticide' (obviously he's one of the more ignorant nurses *smh*). Tell him and other sexist pigs like him that mask-wearing in stores is being made mandatory again or that they HAVE to get a covid vaccination and see how quickly he turns Pro-Choice. But don't tempt him by asking how much force he'd be willing to use to stop abortion, he sounds mentally ill enough to interpret your question as a challenge.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-violence.html

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/politic...ic-protesters/
    Stoning is so last century. That's why God invented guns. "Infant" comes from the Latin verb "fari", "to speak". So do such words as defame, affable, fable, and fate. With the prefix "in-" it means "not speaking", and was used to denote children from the fetal stage through their early years. You can learn a lot of things when your preferred reading source isn't Cosmopolitan.

Let's assume that a fetus is a person. Now the question is, which person has the most rights, the woman or the baby? I say the woman. You say the baby. Then I ask, is it YOUR body carrying the baby. And you say, no it is not. And I say, then STFU because it's not your choice.
    Good, let's assume the fetus is a person. Then abortion is murder on a previously unknown scale, vastly greater than every war in human history. 73 million per year, world-wide. And your justification for killing another person is that it's an individual's choice, not self defense or some other recognized reason for killing. Of course that justification would logically persist for as long as the child was dependent on you for life, if logic were your thing (which it obviously isn't).

Forcing others to abide by your choice for their body is SLAVERY.
    You are denser than a tungsten brick. Slavery denies all rights and treats a person like property. Pregnant women aren't treated like property--they can vote, pursue an education, work, hold office, buy and sell property, and travel freely. Laws force people to abide by society's agreed upon values. Laws against abortion prevent a pregnant woman from killing another human being, or more accurately prevent a third party from killing the human being that resides in a woman's body without cause. A woman can always choose to induce abortion herself if she's willing to take the risk.

Laws prevent my doctor from grafting a chainsaw onto my arm, too, forcing me to abide by someone else's choice. SLAVERY.

Starker! The moment I saw your name I could tell what your post was going to be about. I'll happily answer your question about gun ownership (though I feel we've covered this ground a few times before) if you'll answer the as of yet unanswered question I've posed to people in this thread who support abortion: at what point during human development would you consider limiting abortion, if any, and why? Basically, when is a developing human life a person that has rights?

Per the CDC in 2019, 66.6% of all abortions performed in the US were for minority pregnancies. 38.6% of all African-American pregnancies ended in abortion vs 11.2% of white pregnancies. Black Americans were less than 13% of the population in 2019. That's an enormous racial disparity and should be seen as evidence that the eugenics movement in this country is not only alive but thriving, and Planned Parenthood is still leading the way. It's a white-supremacist wet dream.

Edited to add: That 38.6% of African American pregnancies ending in abortion and 66.6% of minority figure are likely on the low end, since CDC info doesn't include abortion information from California or Maryland (but does include D.C.). Both of these states have cities with high black populations, and California is 40% Hispanic.
    Last edited by Draxil; 26th May 2022 at 15:44.

Moderator and Priest
    Laws prevent my doctor from grafting a chainsaw onto my arm, too, forcing me to abide by someone else's choice. SLAVERY.
    But nothing's stopping you from doing it to yourself. If you really want that chainsaw arm, you'll find a way.

But nothing's stopping you from doing it to yourself. If you really want that chainsaw arm, you'll find a way.
    Exactly my point. And oh yeah, it’ll happen. Once I don’t need that pesky left hand to earn a living. Nothing says "Don't get an abortion" like a chainsaw-armed-misogynist waving a giant sized picture of fetal remains and an 18" gas-powered Stihl while yelling "WHORES". While remaining the prescribed distance from the clinic, of course. My only regret is I won't be able to throw stones, too.
    Last edited by Draxil; 26th May 2022 at 16:28.

And now we're at the point where minority women are apparently super keen on participating in a big old racist conspiracy against themselves. Sounds very plausible, definitely grounded in reality. And what, if safe abortion is banned, then dying in greater numbers from dodgy back-alley abortions is gonna be their punishment?

Moderator and Priest
    And what, if safe abortion is banned, then dying in greater numbers from dodgy back-alley abortions is gonna be their punishment?
    See? It's a problem that solves itself. God always finds a way to punish the sinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxil View Post
    Laws force people to abide by society's agreed upon values.
    Only 29% of Americans polled think Roe v. Wade should be overturned. 80% of Americans show support for abortion in all or most cases.

So "society's agreed upon values" is support for Roe v. Wade.

Slavery denies all rights and treats a person like property. Pregnant women aren't treated like property--they can vote, pursue an education, work, hold office, buy and sell property, and travel freely.
    Great. You can dig ditches for me until you drop dead. Then you can travel wherever you want, get an education and vote. Did I miss anything? Start digging, Champ. Also your children are belong to us!!

You don't get to tell others what do do with their own bodies. Even if you don't like what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxil View Post
    You are denser than a tungsten brick. Slavery denies all rights and treats a person like property. Pregnant women aren't treated like property--they can vote, pursue an education, work, hold office, buy and sell property, and travel freely.
    Your outright misogyny is overwhelming. Forcing a woman to endure an unwanted pregnancy is slavery; you are taking control of her body and taking away her right to autonomy of her body by forcing her to bear an unwanted fetus that will become an unwanted baby. You're treating her like an object that must be controlled: you are forcing her against her will. As far as the rest of our (women's) rights, are you aware that many Pro-Forced Birth states already have bills in the works to ban birth control in all forms (except condoms, of course; have to protect those penises, ya know)? Google it. There've already been GQP politicians questioning the 'wisdom' of 'allowing' women to vote, as well as obtain driver's licenses before the woman is 30 yrs. of age (because women are far too emotional to be rational drivers before the age of 30, in their opinion).

Oh, and btw, Cosmopolitan never held any interest for me; I've always preferred publications like Time, the Washington Post and HuffPost.

I remember when women couldn't obtain birth control pills/IUDs, etc., without their husband's or father's consent, nor could they elect to have tubal ligations without the consent of their husbands. Yeah, I lived through those awful times, Sparky, and compared to how far women have come, those times seem like a nightmare. Women know from the long, uphill battle we've fought to get the rights we have that if the far-right Talibangelicals (like yourself) take control of this country, we can say goodby to all of our hard-won rights, including the right to vote, pursue a higher education, work, hold office, buy and sell property and travel freely. That's the horrible Dark Ages we women have been fighting our way out of for the past century, the same Dark Ages those misogynists want to send us back to. But you couldn't possibly understand since your penis obviously gets in the way. We women have fought these battles before and won; we will win again. Sexist pigs and Talibangelicals be damned.

P.S. I had the misfortune to see my own miscarriage at barely 3 months gestation; it looked nothing like a 'baby', more like a bloody, foul blob of tissue, not even human (though my OB said it had been forming normally, no deformities and would've probably continued to do so if my then-husband hadn't punched me in the abdomen during a drunken rage, which led to his becoming a former husband). No way anyone could have ever convinced me that blob was a sentient human being or a 'baby'. Seriously. So just go on your merry way and keep contributing to overpopulation and I'm sure everyone in your circle will marvel at your masculinity and admire your virility with each successive fetus your wife pushes out (don't worry, you won't feel a thing ). I'm done arguing with you; it's not worth it. However, I do wish you plenty of fat, happy babies ..... who all grow up to be militant feminists.
    Last edited by Dia; 26th May 2022 at 23:48.

Male responsibility is always strikingly absent from Draxil’s (and similar) arguments. It’s like these pregnancies are just created by some holy spirit to inflict upon these promiscuous women. God forbid we broach anything that affects male body autonomy. *gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    P.S. I had the misfortune to see my own miscarriage at barely 3 months gestation; it looked nothing like a 'baby', more like a bloody, foul blob of tissue, not even human (though my OB said it had been forming normally, no deformities and would've probably continued to do so if my then-husband hadn't punched me in the abdomen during a drunken rage, which led to his becoming a former husband).
    Bastard. Good on you for kicking his sorry ass to the curb Dia

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast