TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dave (fett) update

Rest in peace our fellow

Another loss to this damn pandemic. My condolences to the people most affected by this loss.

My condolences to his family, Iíll miss him - he was such an inspiration and such a fighter.
    Rest easy, Dave.

Rest in peace

Rest in peace

A kind and genuine guy. Live long in memory.

verbose douchebag
    RIP fett - I didn't know you as well as some, but I followed your updates, read your book, and was amazed by your resilience.

RIP Dave. I'll miss the laughter, I'll miss the arguing about music. You were a good dude and we're all gonna miss you.

Such a courageous, fighting spirit - an inspiration to me and mine. Rest in peace, Dave and my heartfelt condolences to your wonderful family.

So sorry to hear this, and my condolences to your family. Dave's tenacity was inspiring.

Moderator and Priest
    I didn't know Fett that well, but I do know his reputation, and have read about the struggles he's had to endure over the years. He always striked me as the type of guy that'd leave the world a little less off with his absence.

It's a sad thing to hear that he's gone.

Rest in peace

Previously Important
    Dave Johnson was the best man I have ever known. He was kind, he was thoughtful, and he was compassionate. My imagination and creativity may be bigger than his, but he actually had the gumption to do something with his ideas, which seems to be something I dont have the necessary humility to achieve yet. Of all the men I've met in my life, none have surpassed him, none have been as admirable, none have been as honest. And I miss my friend very, very much.

The nasty, horrid truth is that Dave was hospitalized for more than eight months. His children, whom we have known since they were born, and his unimaginably strong and wonderful wife were not able to see him as often or for as long as any of us would consider humane... but things being things, they at least had what they had.

The amount of effort the four of them put into each other was and is incredible. A true template for a supportive and loving family. Which makes it utterly heartbreaking for me that in the end the inevitable won. As it tends to.

Hours on the phone with my hillbilly friend, deriding his musical tastes, mocking his failures, flicking little boogers of cynicism into his worldview, and everything (everything) was love and respect. He knew I was lying, and I always told him so just to make sure. He mattered to me, he was important to me.

And now, against all logic and sense of justice in the world, CJ Ryan is now the best man I have ever met. His love and support for the Johnson family is immense, and I want him to know that it affected me and Amanda as well. We felt the overspill of that love, and it helped us.

I'm not sure my words still make sense. I'm sorry. My friend has died but I cannot feel ashamed at finding joy in the end of his suffering. I'm not sure how to process that fact, but there it is.

David, I love you. You improved me.

You fat, stupid, ignorant hillbilly fuck. What am I supposed to do now?

RIP fett.

His posts were always great to read and his constant presence on the forums will be missed.

RIP Fett. Very very sad. You were always generous and a class act. I was amazed when he detailed all the hoops he had to jump through for his health. He just got on with it and it was amazing and humbling.

Taking the Death Toll
    Just found out about this and I'm pretty upset.

Fett and I didn't see eye to eye on much, especially on politics. But I always knew he was a fundamentally good person just trying to make it in a world that had been pretty unfair to him (I can relate.)

This sucks.

My condolences to his family. He will be missed!

RIP Fett. My condolences to his family and friends.

Such sad news.
    My condolences to his family and his friends.

Aw hell, I hate Covid

RIP Dave

Keeper of FMs
    I was looking around to see who is still posting and found this terrible news. Fett was a genuinely nice person. We had some great chats. I am happy he is beyond the pain. Death is always hardest on the people left behind, and I hope his family & friends can find peace.

RIP fett

It is always sad when one of our community members leaves us, whether they are a close friend or just someone who checks in every now and then.
    RIP Fett

I've been at a loss for words since this morning when I saw this. I always wanted to meet Dave and his family. He seemed like the best Dad with the most supportive family I could imagine, because they loved him so much. I once offered to help him settle in the Boston area when he was on the list here. Then like 1 month later, I jumped on a job opportunity in Australia and I was gone before he got here. I always felt bad about that, but it was no big deal to him. I can't think of anyone who has coped so well with all of the limitations on his life and the grim reaper always just around the corner.

RIP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12