TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Kidney Stones

Kidney Stones

I have had issues with kidney stones for years and sometimes they've been really obnoxious when passing. My first one was pretty tiny but landed me in the ER from the pain. Since then I've passed some really big stones. Sometimes I pass them and only realize it when I piss blood. Anyone else have fun with stones? I myself have a decent collection of stones now.

Only one and it was no more than a grain of sand. I too was in Emerg, assuming that I was facing a life altering or possibly life ending condition.

I am always reminded of this scene from Deadwood. I will just post a link and a trigger warning. Harrowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Only one and it was no more than a grain of sand. I too was in Emerg, assuming that I was facing a life altering or possibly life ending condition.

I am always reminded of this scene from Deadwood. I will just post a link and a trigger warning. Harrowing.

That's pretty much what the first one was like.

I had my first kidney stone a couple years ago and then have had a few more smaller ones since. I believe I may have figured out what causes them for me.
    At my job they have very cheap sugar free monster energy drink and some mornings when I didn't make coffee I would be lazy and just grab one. I did this a lot for a couple years.
    After the stone I stopped drinking that stuff and stuck mostly to water. I did not have another one. Eventually I slipped back into having sugar free energy drinks and some sugar free soda. When I started doing that again, I got several small ones come through. It seems like every time I start drinking that sugar-free stuff again, they come back. I think you're much better off just having a regular soda or sugary drink.
    I swore off all sugar free drinks and haven't had one since.

If you do struggle with stones and you drink things that have a lot of artificial sweetener, I would recommend stopping and seeing if they go away.

I don't drink many soft drinks. I do drink a lot of coffee, tea, beer and whiskey. They really didn't start until I went from a standing retail job as a bicycle mechanic to sitting at a desk in an office. Then they got bigger and more frequent. I've changed my diet a lot though and cut out a lot of red meat and other unhealthy things. I was drinking a mix of water, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar for a while and I think that helped a little. It probably doesn't help being a cyclist and hiker in Arizona after living in Washington state most of my life. The biggest stone I passed was 9.5mm x 5.5mm and that one took a couple of weeks to pass. I have a fairly nice collection of stones now.

Y'all quit trying to hex my weiner with this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Y'all quit trying to hex my weiner with this shit.
    The first time seeing globs of blood and puss come shooting out of your lizard followed by a large rock is pretty unnerving but you get used to it after a while.

I don't want to know. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

Does drinking large quantities of alcohol help? I am way ahead if it does.

Alcohol helps a lot. A buddy who gets more stones than I do said his doctor told him to just start drinking a lot of his favorite drink when passing a stone so he could avoid the ER. I take Silodosin and drink a lot when passing a stone instead of taking pain killers and water.

I take it hallucinogens are right out.

If you do ever get a stone, don't worry about pissing it out of your dick- that is not the worst part.
    In fact, that part usually happens really fast and you may not even notice.
    It's when it's traveling down your ureter in your side area. That's when it's the worst.
    Once it drops into your bladder, you're golden.

Just some encouragement if you ever get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    I take it hallucinogens are right out.
    That would make it more interesting. Imagine dropping acid while pissing out blood and small rocks....