TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What is your favourite T1/TG mission of the years 2006/2007?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Golden Book of Keepers (Fire & Ice)

4 14.29%
  • The Last Page (Clockwise)

0 0%
  • The Eternal Candle (Extinguisher)

2 7.14%
  • Hammer and Garrett

1 3.57%
  • Haunted Church

0 0%
  • Out for a Walk

0 0%
  • Return to Bafford Manor

0 0%
  • Sepulchre of the Sinistral

18 64.29%
  • The Storm

3 10.71%
  • In the Loom of Doom

0 0%
  • The Kill for Life

1 3.57%
  • Murder in Featherstone

0 0%
  • To Whom the Bell Tolls

2 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Your favourite T1/TG mission of the years 2006/2007

Your favourite T1/TG mission of the years 2006/2007

Vote for your favourite Thief 1/Thief Gold mission of the years 2006/2007!
    Last edited by Samantha1; 24th May 2022 at 15:24.

aww how i miss jis missions,i voted hammer and garrett

The Golden Book of Keepers gets my vote - it was the first fan mission I ever played made by Zontik. Highly recommended for anyone that enjoys the masochistic enforced ghosting on the "Insane" difficulty selection.
    Last edited by lordhern; 23rd May 2022 at 21:46.

Again I didn't play most of the missions listed, but due to my notes I voted for Kill For Life which I gave a good grading back then. The Golden Book and Sepulchre of the Sinistral seem to be the favoured FMs but if I remember right I couldn't finish them, so ...

From what I see the mission "Hammer & Garrett" is from 2001 and "Murder in Featherstone" from 2002. Are there some newer versions of these two missions from 2006/2007 I couldn't find?

You miss Gold in Fort Knocks that was released in 27 November 2006. Also Kill for Life and connected to it Plot campaign has been released in May 2008, so it should be in next poll.

Both of those errors are my bad, Samantha is going off the master list I compiled for her. I wrote the T1/TG walkthroughs a long time and compiled that list for Samantha from the dates on the walkthroughs, but didn't check all the release dates against the forum.

Gold in Fort Knocks was a sloppy error by me, but for some reason Kill for Life has Feb 2007 as the release date in it's read me file, so guess that's where I got that date from 5 years ago, but wasn't released on TTLG forum till May 2008, was it released on Darkfate 15 months before Clearing posted it on TTLG? somehow I doubt that.

There maybe other errors the the T1/TG master list......Oops

No problem fortuni, with so many missions there´s no wonder small errors like this happen. If I didn´t have your list, I couldn´t make this poll in the first place
    Thief 2 will be especially bad, there are like 60-70 missions in some years

I will mention "Gold in Fort Knocks" in the first comment, hopefully it will get some attention through that

Galaer, where do you look to find the missions per year?

Edit: I just saw that "Gold in Fort Knocks" is in 2008 in the master list, so I´ll just add it in the poll for 2008
    Last edited by Samantha1; 24th May 2022 at 15:25.

My accuracy with release dates is very much better with the T2 missions, by the time I started making those lootlists Athalle and I were in regular contact and her records with these dates are impeccable, and I was regularly put in my place if I made a mistake.

Cheap missions is pretty accurate with release dates, but the best way is to check the forum's thread itself. It's not a good idea to go by read me file dates, often authors write their read me files before they beta test the mission, if beta testing takes 2-3 months and the author does update the read me file sometimes even the year is incorrect, there was one contest that was meant to release all the missions in Dec but for some reason the release date was pushed back to January the following year and hardly any of the authors change the date in their read me files.

I used ttlg.de, because it contains both dates for first release and latest update. Still it can contain some errors here and there.

Ttlg.de.. i didnt know you are german galaer

Ok, if i find the time ill try to also check every mission for its release date before starting the poll in which they are included. But cant promise anything. I think there will still errors happen once or twice

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    There are several Germans still active in this forum...
    Although TTLG.de is probably used by Austrians and Swiss players, too...

Ok, if i find the time ill try to also check every mission for its release date before starting the poll in which they are included. But cant promise anything. I think there will still errors happen once or twice
    Given the low amount of voters (20? come on, people!) we should treat everything as a nice present and not as something we should "expect" from you (or anybody for that matter).
    In other words: Schön, wenn es klappt - und wenn nicht, ist es auch gut.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    No, I'm not german. But you don't need to be german to check this site.

No, I'm not german. But you don't need to be german to check this site.
    That´s true, but it´s a bit surprising (for me) that non-german speakers use it. Pretty cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    There are several Germans still active in this forum...
    Although TTLG.de is probably used by Austrians and Swiss players, too...
    Yes, ttlg is a pretty cool page, even though I have to admit I´m barely on there *shame*

Given the low amount of voters (20? come on, people!) we should treat everything as a nice present and not as something we should "expect" from you (or anybody for that matter).
    In other words: Schön, wenn es klappt - und wenn nicht, ist es auch gut.
    I´ll do my very best!

I've just voted for Sepulchre of the Sinistral, not only because it's one of the most wonderful missions of all time, but also because it includes my favourite piece of music from all FM's in it, as you approach Erim's Shrine you hear Castle of Needles by Kenji Ito, which was made for the PS1 game SaGa Frontier.

Wonderful stuff.
    Last edited by fortuni; 28th May 2022 at 07:01.

I see why Sepulchre of the Sinistral is the winner but it's too heavy on puzzles for me.

I´m not a big fan of Sepulchre of the Sinistral either. Not because of the puzzles (for me the more the better) but I just hate the undead

And the winners are:

1. Sepulchre of the Sinistal
    2. The Golden Book of Keepers (Fire & Ice)
    3. The Storm

Congratulations! New poll comes out tomorrow!