TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: After all these years...

After all these years...

How are things going?

I remember playing this obscure master piece, Thief itself, in 2012 around there.

My first time playing the tutorial, I felt so much at peace, but also very stressed, it was like one of those school projects you were at except this time it was fun and yet challenging.
    Then, I got to the first mission, I felt scared because I thought everything could see me and everyone is hostile, so I hid from everything, I was wondering why I didn't get spot by that drunk, he must have been blind...Well anyway, there it goes, my first blackjack!
    And while I have so many stories to tell all of you, it's not that I don't want to bore you, I don't care if I do or don't, it's simply that I don't want to spoil it. If you don't like the game, it's because YOU don't like it, not because of me.

I will never forget this game, it is amazing, it's a master piece. And by master piece, I mean an actual master piece, unlike whatever incredibly petty standards have fallen after the late 2000s.

Things have gone good and bad with Thief, I honestly think it has gone very bad, because we have lost many great people in the name of this game, I still can't forget about Lady Rowena.
    Lady Rowena is special to me because she is the first one that convinced me about Thief fan missions. It wasn't personal, it wasn't direct, all indirect. "Lady Rowena's Mansion", my very first FM, and I have loved it ever since. Everything about it was great, and I can't even remember it, this is only because I have no courage to replay it.

There are so many great Thief fan missions, some are old, some were popular but became obscure...Just way too many.

I'm not known here at all and I prefer it to stay that way, but to everyone who participated in making Thief greater than it already is with the fan missions, I salute you.
    Perhaps some of you may want to suggest amazing missions, of any type, even very obscure ones, from 2020 and up?

play everything from 2020-2022 of thief fan missions 1/g/2 and you good

One has to wonder how many similar stories to this are out there...
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Quote Originally Posted by Komag View Post
    One has to wonder how many similar stories to this are out there...
    I was hoping one too many but it's empty.

Endless Rain, my favorite Thief gold mission. Ravensreach by nicked.

Well, I've seen them all and the first one was a revelation to me as a player. I never thought, someone would take up the fantasy. Can someone please reinvent The Looking Glass Studios??
    Those nights in front my 17'' monitor buzzing away.... I loved to play it at night, dark.

Yeah, LGS didn't deserve to go bankrupt unlike Gearbox and Bethesda for example.

Don't get discouraged by the lack of posting, your story is remarably similar to mine, from trying it for the first time around ten years ago (I didn't like it the first time lol, felt too cluncky), to finally getting it about 6 years ago, to getting into FMs thanks to Lady Rowenas' somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    play everything from 2020-2022 of thief fan missions 1/g/2 and you good
    Necrohowl, another way you can go for it is to simply go to thiefguild.com and sort the FMs by Best. You'll get the masterpieces first, with a heavy bias towards less-than-fifteen-year-old FMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    Don't get discouraged by the lack of posting, your story is remarably similar to mine, from trying it for the first time around ten years ago (I didn't like it the first time lol, felt too cluncky), to finally getting it about 6 years ago, to getting into FMs thanks to Lady Rowenas' somehow.
    Nice, didn't know I wasn't the only one that got influenced by Thief FMs all thanks to Lady Rowena, she was legendary like that even though I never personally knew her.