TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: Should The Rebellion of the Builder Series Continue?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we want more!

32 69.57%
  • No way, do something else!

14 30.43%

Thread: Who wants The Rebellion Of The Builder series to continue?

Who wants The Rebellion Of The Builder series to continue?

It will be quite a while before you'll see anything from it, but I am thinking about working on part 3. What do you think? Should I continue with the series or move on to something else?
    Last edited by GORT; 12th Jun 2022 at 03:55. Reason: To clarify

You had a cybernetic Constantine break free and go ham on an unknowing city. If that level of crazy can come from your imagination, I'd definitely be interested to see more of what you can come up with. Please consider continuing!

>TROTB

Why not decipher that? And provide the links to previous ones? That is just basic politeness. I understand that you think that you're talking about something that famous that everyone should know about details. But it isn't how it is.

Fair enough.

It's The Rebellion Of The Builder series.

The Rebellion Of The Builder 1

The Rebellion Of The Builder 2

i will say yes ,as i love the surreal feeling in that series

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    >TROTB

Why not decipher that? And provide the links to previous ones? That is just basic politeness. I understand that you think that you're talking about something that famous that everyone should know about details. But it isn't how it is.
    Basic politness is not acting like an entitled @.

I understand that you think everyone should decipher their words to you, but you can also do it using your brain.
    I started looking in FMs about a month ago, and i very well know what TROTB is and i know that GORT has specific style to his missions/campaigns. Still didn't play through TROTB 1 and 2, because i started with T1, but i have it downloaded, and it is waiting it's turn.

Do what you feel like it, GORT!
    Just keep it tight and simple, don't overdo it! Maybe just a little :)
    Last edited by Mandragora; 5th Jun 2022 at 08:21.

For me it was too far away from the Thief world and it's plot. If I remember right I didn't finish any of these missions.

I really appreciate your missions GORT, but OMG they are tough cookies and I would never have finished any of them without Ricebug’s walks or breaking into Dromed, so yes why not make another TROTB but I for one would appreciate less mind boggling tough puzzles, it sometimes hurts trying to work out what to do next and when that happens it’s no longer fun, and gaming should be fun not painful.

I loved The Rebellion Of The Builder series and the unique style to them and the challenge to it and as much as I want to see more of it eventually I decided to vote "No, do something else" because I feel you have the potential to go even more crazy with something completely new, specially if you have a story you want to tell outside of TROTB, I never mind if things turn extremely hard and maybe is just me but I find TROTB is quite fitting for Thief craziness.

Regardless of what you decide to do from here on, new or not I am sure even new work from scratch might have resembling details from TROTB, I just feel like you have the potential for something equally crazy new.

Im with Zappen and Fortuni here. I didnt finish any of those missions cause they were too difficult and started to annoy me after a while, especially considering the exaggerated manpower you always include.
    For me its far from typical thief and enjoyment, so Id love to see sth. that goes more into that direction

But thats just my opinion, its up to you what you do in the end

I am enough of a masochist to say hell yes.

I never tried it, but I wanted to, I'd say...You should continue it because, if you have fun, you have fun, right?!

Well, go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    >TROTB

So you're talking about basic politeness here, after trolling nearly every single thread with this "brutally honest", but in fact fairly boring grumpy cat style? Okay, tell me more.

GORT, as for the original question, I would suggest you to do more of these.

The pro and contra about the TROTB series (to me) were:

+ outstanding, quality architecture and design
    + quality, atmospheric sound/ambient design
    + easy to recognise missions with actual atmosphere/style
    + nice, exciting use of custom resources
    + storyline with lots of adventures

- too difficult gameplay at times
    - basically no actual hints to carry on
    - too fast, too agressive AI at times
    - too many "mission impossible" places with full light, tiles/metal floors, and AI outnumbering and outpowering the player

But at the end of the day, it was great entertainment.

One of my greatest memories is the woods/park behind the Mystic Estate (basically TROTB 1, Mission 2), which had a really cool music and a peaceful atmosphere with lots of green surface. A great contrast just before the following mission...

And also, the castle in TROTB2 related to the lost kingdom - architecturally SO WELL DONE.

Continue the series with a little bit easier gameplay, I would suggest!

Thank you!

I would say do whatever you feel like doing really. We are going to play whatever you decide to do anyway 😜
    If you have a plan and the motivation to continue by all means my good Sir and thank you in advance 😘

Making the decision

Thank you all for replying and voting. I have an idea on what to do for TROTB 3 (still far too early to say for sure). But I'm going to have another project on the back burner. I've started on it quite while ago, but got steared away from it. Some of you have already seen the "Down the Rapids" video I have on YouTube. Sadly, staying above the water is too bugy for the game, but I could probably make the rest of the campaign. Anyway. We'll see what happens in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Thank you all for replying and voting. I have an idea on what to do for TROTB 3 (still far too early to say for sure). But I'm going to have another project on the back burner. I've started on it quite while ago, but got steared away from it. Some of you have already seen the "Down the Rapids" video I have on YouTube. Sadly, staying above the water is too bugy for the game, but I could probably make the rest of the campaign. Anyway. We'll see what happens in the future.
    Nice, glad you are back.
    No problem making a "pre-main" mission just to get your tools and skills adjusted properly after days of inactivity, ought to be fun either way.

Build how you want to build, but, include a more expansive .ini file filed with tips, hints, etc. Even with your tips and hints before, it sometimes still wasn't enough, too vague.

Well, of course I would be glad if the Rebellion of the Builder series goes on.
    I just have some doubts if it will ever be released. Even TROB2 took years to develop, so a hypothetical part 3 can only be expected in the late ´20ies.
    Don´t forget we all get older, everyone has a private life, family plannings or a partner.

you forgot to add dront "plot" to the picture

also gort i would love to see the pagan npc from first part of rotb series one the one on the roof top he wanted the juice,and the girl i took the necklace accessed from manhole, she was so hostile reminded me of an ex i had,some of those npc's were amazing i hope you bring some of them back,and if possible somehow add the golden child in future fan mission,kinda shocked not one thing about him in thief 3
    Last edited by downwinder; 29th Jun 2022 at 21:50.

With almost 2 decades of experience in playing Thief and it's fan missions, I must say, as challenging as GORT's Rebellion Of The Builder series are, I actually enjoyed them! Although it did take me 2 attempts to finally complete them both, they were over all pretty good. I think GORT is a great mission designer. But having said that, I would recommend a 3rd ROTB but with a more doable toned-down version all-the-while still keeping it challenging but at the same time, fair and not nearly impossible. Because if it's too hard, many may give up and that would be unfortunate because GORT's talent is not one to be wasted, he's actually a brilliant creator and has great potential to make amazing fan missions. If you are in the mood and have the time to create another ROTB, I say, Go For It GORT!! The TAFFER community will enjoy it I'm sure!