TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: "New Thief 1/Gold FM: Bracelet of Melody 05/06/2022" updated to V 1.2

I've put the evidence (scarf, bottle, dagger) on the desk, and given the bracelet to the princess, but the 'help in her quest' objective has not ticked off.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Aged Raver, try to frob everything you can, even simple objects can be loot, look closely for items in shelves that are among other items. There is plenty of loot, much more that the amount that is required to achieve in expert difficulty.
    Normal-looking objects like wine bottles and candlesticks are loot objects, which startled me. I ended up picking up many useless items because I couldn't be sure they weren't loot. In my personal design ethos, valuable items should stand out to an experienced thief like Garrett, even if it is a bit unrealistic.

This is a beautiful mission! the architecture, the textures, the puzzle design - all top notch!
    As a matter of personal taste: I found the ambient techno music in the castle distracting, and the song near the pregnant woman's apartment jarring (when the lyrics first came in I thought I had alerted someone, then the chorus of shouts popped in right as I was attempting a jump and startled me off the balcony!)
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 24th Jun 2022 at 16:54.

Hi Pedro,

... it's me again with my odd loot question - it didn't let me sleep, so over night I learned how to extract a loot report out of Dromed. I checked every single loot object and found the one I'm missing:

A LC_CanopicJar (1893) at -47 -119 7 room Default Room in A CreateTrap (1907) vals { 0; 0; 175; [None]}

However, something seems to be mysterious about this, because of the links from (1896) to (1907) - and vice versa. Unfortunately, I don't know enough of Dromed to understand what that means.

Could you please help me in this? Thank you in advance,
    urumo

Added later:
    And at the location where Dromed points me with the command "cam to obj" and entering the object number - there is no loot object to find. It's in the Constanine Widow's apartment.
    This is because I wonder if I have to do a certain action to get that bit of loot.
    Last edited by Urumo; 26th Jun 2022 at 14:28.

Like you, I don’t know Dromed and would be interested in the answer to your question. I’m also short of the grand total. My guess is that 1893 and 1907 are reference numbers assigned to the Jar and to the “Trap” at the time they were created. And the -47 -119 7 are the x,y,z co-ordinates of the Jar relative to a 0,0,0 centre point of a 3 dimensional map. I’ve no idea what the size of the cubic units would be (are they called rooms?). If the area in front of the castle is the centre of town and is point 0,0,0 (pure speculation) then perhaps y is the North/South axis and x is West/East with z indicating vertical position. Presumably it would be based on Garrett's compass but I could be totally wrong.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 26th Jun 2022 at 13:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    And at the location where Dromed points me with the command "cam to obj" and entering the object number - there is no loot object to find. It's in the Constanine Widow's apartment.
    This is because I wonder if I have to do a certain action to get that bit of loot.
    Did you find the switch in that room?
    I know I did but can't remember what was hidden away.
    It's down the side of the bed.

Aged Raver:

oh yes, of course I did - long time ago. It was hiding one of the beer bottles. I've completed all objectives (also the optional ones) - I'm only short by these grrrrrr 175 to the grand total.

Oh, and to be more precise: the ominous object should be - according to dromed - in the region of the desk, maybe also the mirror above the desk. hmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkins View Post
    Many thanks for this new mission, it looks and plays fantastic. My only gripe is that the music totally kills the atmosphere (my taste), there is any way to revert to original thief music or all i can do is turn the volume down?

go into the zip file and replace the music files with either a silent file or your own music

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    What secondary characters say in foreign languages has no relevance or whatsoever for the story-line, it's just to make you feel abroad.
    This was my guess, and honestly it's a great idea! It does make me feel like I am in a different City.

The one thing I do suggest is making the music track quieter, it's not that it's "wrong" for your mission, it's just that it's so much louder than the ambience and other game noises and so it really stifles them.

I'm able to quet them down myself as I have a sound program to do it, but you might consider a lower volume version for the folks here asking

For anyone who doesn't know how to work with audio, or if Cardia you want to put these in another version:

https://file.io/rhSLhBImBJYH

This link has somewhat quieter music tracks.

They go in FMpath\The_Bracelet_of_Melody\snd\Garrett

You will have to overwrite.

A lovely mission, enjoyed it very much. Music really was the only thing I disliked. Where are the pictures you used for the characters from? Did you take them yourself or are they a reference to something I'm not familiar with?

Thank you for the mission, Cardia!

An amazing work that you have accomplished. The atmosphere is spot on. At first it was annoying a bit that the townsfolk were having their conversations in french, but I guessed: 'Hey we are in France, so why shouldn't they' . The huge size and lare scale verticality of the mission is the best thing in it. There are so many hidden nooks and crannies to discover that it blows your mind. I only managed to find 10 of the 12 beer bottles, but this only means I have to come back sometime to replay again this awesome mission. Loot goal is not difficult to achieve even on Expert, you just have to look around. The diary of the ASMR masseur was really cool, had some laughs .

All in all, excelent work!

Hi Szabikka, thank you so much for your positive and kind feedback, just to be clear this mission takes place on a imaginary Belgian city, in some regions of Belgium people talk Dutch and in others French.

Fortuni will release soon a highly detailed walktrough of this mission indicating all possible places , loot, bottles to be found in this mission.

Some gentle criticisms:
    At ground level there are a tonne of areas that look like shadows in which I am not hidden, and a some areas that look well lit where I am in partial or complete shadow.
    need to get that relationship ironed out well because knowing what is safe and not safe is important for navigation, and I have no equipment at start.

Additionally, all the doors at the inn look the same and only one is interactable. I walked in and out a few times not knowing where to look, should probably make the important door a little different or give a more direct clue such as the room number to avoid missing the important place.

Some gentle criticisms:
    At ground level there are a tonne of areas that look like shadows in which I am not hidden, and a some areas that look well lit where I am in partial or complete shadow.
    need to get that relationship ironed out well because knowing what is safe and not safe is important for navigation, and I have no equipment at start.

By normal thief standards I really ought to be hidden in a shadow this dark.

Additionally, all the doors at the inn look the same and only one is interactable. I walked in and out a few times not knowing where to look, should probably make the important door a little different or give a more direct clue such as the room number to avoid missing the important place.

The issue with uninteractable doors is sort of spread throughout the mission, it's not super obvious which are usable and which are not because they are all custom.
    If they were uninteractable stock doors I'd look for a handle, but since they are almost entirely custom it's much harder to discern.

Finished with all beers, but only 20639 loot.

Fantastic architecture as usual with Cardia's missions, really makes you want to look around and explore, not just rush through it.
    Where was the Mona Lisa that Marbrien mentioned? Only one I found was outside the Art Gallery and not frobbable.
    And I never found a way to get into\onto the square building outside the church with the guard on the balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Where was the Mona Lisa that Marbrien mentioned?
    There is a large open space around a canal where a mirrored inscription can be read on a stone plaque. Far up here lives a woman who has been contacted by a ghost in her mirror. There's also a cafe down there. On one of the sides of the entrance with the stone plaque there is a window that can be opened and entered. Inside, there are various paintings, and one of them should be the Mona Lisa, if my memory serves me well. If not... blame it on the beer!

And I never found a way to get into\onto the square building outside the church with the guard on the balcony.
    Neither did I. I do not think you can get in there.

... I never found a way to get into\onto the square building outside the church with the guard on the balcony.
    Likewise. I got on the balcony by clambering across roof tops (I think from the City Park direction) and then running from a pitched roof to land (eventually) taking some injury but found no loot or way into building. (I hit the guard earlier with an arrow).

baeuchlein: Thanks for that, missed that window!

Aged Raver: I tried that jump a few times, but never made it alive!

Just wondering where the blackjack is. XD
    If I could be given a point in a general direction.

Your employer has it.

Too general? Okay then... You have to meet Francois Damien in the inn first, but he just gives you a "key" which you need to enter the sewers. You go through a small part, then emerge in the royal castle. Then, you have to find the princess, as Damien said. Hint: You have to find one secret door to get there.

Once you have read a readable in the princess' room, she will appear and talk to you, and will finally give you a key which opens a chest in another one of the rooms of her suite. And then you will finally get your equipment back, including your "pacifier".

Okay... where is the entrance to the sewers? XD I'm having a heck of a time finding things in this mission already. From the place where you get the sewer key, how do you find the sewer entrance? Like, what direction do I go when Im outside again? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan008 View Post
    Okay... where is the entrance to the sewers? XD I'm having a heck of a time finding things in this mission already. From the place where you get the sewer key, how do you find the sewer entrance? Like, what direction do I go when Im outside again? LOL

i can help you you know where city park entrance is instead of going into park walk to the end of the walkway and there is it in the ground,insert key and good luck

If I remember it correctly, it's like this: Once you leave the inn where you meet your contact, you turn right once to cross the veranda and walk onto the street, then you turn right a second time and continue walking in this direction. You cross the intersection of the streets at one corner of the inn, and, still walking in the same direction, reach the city park entrance on your right. Continue ahead, as downwinder said, and at the very end of the street, you reach the sewer lid. After that, just follow the smell.

Thanks both of you! I managed to find it!

fantastic mission Cardia! thank you! now back to finding the rest of the beer bottles!

Thank you Sir Reginald and everyone for the positive feedback it means a lot to me.

If you enjoy the very first ambient music of the mission check the the album from its author, it's very relaxing and beautiful:

https://dettinger.bandcamp.com/album/intershop

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast