TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "New Thief 1/Gold FM: Bracelet of Melody 05/06/2022" updated to V 1.2

"New Thief 1/Gold FM: Bracelet of Melody 05/06/2022" updated to V 1.2

Here's my new and first mission for Thief 1/Gold nd updated to V1.2, so here's a link to grab it, I hope you enjoy it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FOw...ew?usp=sharing

V1.2 changes:

-It's now impossible to access any city wall
    -inaccessible secret with treasure jar are both deleted
    -metal balconies above the art gallery are no longer ropable

STORYLINE:

Garrett discovers that Lord Bafford has a holiday house in a foreign city called Bruggelas. Hoping
    to find something valuable there, he travels to Bruggelas and breaks into Lord Bafford's residence.
    As he is about to lay his hands on the infamous fat nobleman's wealth, something unexpected happens...

German translation added as well as the rest of the french translations.
    Last edited by Cardia; 25th Jul 2022 at 09:01.

https://imgur.com/a/8jJaA5u

The sky is broken for me (I'm using Linux/wine, so it may be not your problem, but other FMs are fine)

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/8jJaA5u

The sky is broken for me (I'm using Linux/wine, so it may be not your problem, but other FMs are fine)
    all my 8 beta testers didn't have this problem with the skybox.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    all my 8 beta testers didn't have this problem with the skybox.
    Of course, they didn't. I'm sure you would fix that if they did
    Can I offer you some logs?
    warn: D3D9DeviceEx::SetRenderState: Unhandled render state D3DRS_DITHERENABLE
    That is the only strange thing I noticed. Where should I look?

=== ADDED LATER ===
    Well, the situation is nontypical: after a few quit/entering the game, the sky became correct but now the game freezes completely from time to time. I suppose you squeezed Thief engine to its limits and it just won't work at my OS. So ignore me.
    Last edited by A.Stahl; 5th Jun 2022 at 10:17.

I was here searching for something I haven't played yet. I could kiss you Cardia. Thank You

Congrats Pedro I have always enjoyed your missions
    Looking forward to exploring this.
    Thank you
    pwl

It's up at the Keep here:
    The_Bracelet_of_Melody.zip
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Congratulations on the release Mr P

downloading it now,will update a bit later,congrats cardia on release ,i know i am going to love it

Many thanks for this new mission, it looks and plays fantastic. My only gripe is that the music totally kills the atmosphere (my taste), there is any way to revert to original thief music or all i can do is turn the volume down?
    Last edited by Wilkins; 6th Jun 2022 at 14:17.

For me all dialog is only in French. I noticed that the various ..\snd subfolders are labeled as 'English' but the files inside are in French. Readables, objectives, etc are all in English.

my dialogs are also in french language

but i need a hint please where i can get the weapons at least the blackjack

a map would be fantastic for such a great mission

radogoal, Dahenjo: I think that the french dialogues are on purpose, just like in Cardia's previous campaign, "Les Paolis".

With DromEd, I got a hint as to where the weapons are: They are somewhere in the Castle, two or three levels above ground - at least the sword. Finding it completes the first goal.

A. Stahl: Linux and Wine are not the problem here, since I have the mission running (or at least walking, since it is laggy at times) under Debian Linux v11.3 (x86) and Wine. So far, neither graphical anomalies nor crashes or anything else happened.

However, the program top says that memory usage is very high even when compared with other missions. I assume that the large textures used here are the problem, and the skybox textures are some of the largest textures I found so far.

ok need a bit of help, items i got so far golden dagger,two roman coins,kings scepter things i need to know what items am i missing and where are they like bracelet? and what items to place on melines desk? love the mission so far also i found the special beer bottle,i got 8 bottles of beer so far,found the bafford scepter and already got loot goal playing on expert
    Last edited by downwinder; 6th Jun 2022 at 02:40.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    A. Stahl: Linux and Wine are not the problem here, since I have the mission running (or at least walking, since it is laggy at times) under Debian Linux v11.3 (x86) and Wine. So far, neither graphical anomalies nor crashes or anything else happened.
    Debian testing, default wine. Nothing unusual. Can I replace the skybox without dromeding around? Who knows, maybe that will help?

== LATER ===

I've tried to convert png to dds, but it looks like the FM searches for *.png, not just for any supported file with the needed filename.
    Last edited by A.Stahl; 6th Jun 2022 at 01:18.

Downwinder:

You've got all the items required for the ritual. Now read Melanie's diary for instructions on how to perform the observance. Also, you don't leave anything on her desk. When you find evidence proving who is the murderer, you leave it on Francois Damien's desk (in one of the rooms of 'The Cut Emerald Inn').

Hi Cardia.

Mission is now available on Thief Guild here.

In your post you wrote

it's a mission that was initially to be part of a thief 1 team project campaign but then it was decided that it would be better to be released alone, because it stands away a bit from the thief universe as we know it.
    Did you based in on some official LGS files? If yes, I would like to know to tag this mission as OM mod on my portal.

thank you aemanyl

Quote Originally Posted by Marzec View Post
    Hi Cardia.

Mission is now available on Thief Guild here.

In your post you wrote

Did you based in on some official LGS files? If yes, I would like to know to tag this mission as OM mod on my portal.
    Not at all , everything was made from scratch. Thank you for hosting my mission in your web-page.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Debian testing, default wine. Nothing unusual. Can I replace the skybox without dromeding around? Who knows, maybe that will help?

== LATER ===

I've tried to convert png to dds, but it looks like the FM searches for *.png, not just for any supported file with the needed filename.
    For what it's worth I'm playing on the Steam deck, so wine/Proton, and it seems fine:
    https://i.imgur.com/XScbZ8Y.jpg

I haven't had a chance to really sink my teeth into the mission, but at least in the opening area performance is solid.

need a bit more help on one thing where is statue at that i am going to use kings staff on?,also what area is intruder painting at

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    need a bit more help on one thing where is statue at that i am going to use kings staff on?,also what area is intruder painting at
    Need also help on this.

Stunning mission Cardia, Love it.

The first time i heard the conversation between the man and woman speaking Dutch in the castle grounds....Great!!

Grzz T-Linkz

The Intruder Painting is the only objective I've completed so far, it's in the area with the house with the amusing gargoyles on the outside wall.

Bigger Hint: Get up onto the Thieves Highway

About the statue:

Small hint: check Lord Bafford's property.
    Big hint: read the diary on the table in Lord Bafford's house.
    Spoiler: at the back of Lord Bafford's property there is a secluded area with distinct ambience. Look down and you will find the statue of Euterpe. There is also a snoring guard opposite.

Easier way to find the Intruder Painting:

Small hint: read the diary in the art gallery.
    Big hint: the thief was seen entering the city park. Investigate this area and its surroundings.
    Spoiler: go the city park. Look for the circular face. Mantle the wall above it. Look to the left and mantle the roof. Proceed upwards through the roof and you will find an attic, which you can access using a rope arrow.

I can't help feeling I got into Bafford's the wrong way, by sinking a rope arrow into the dangling banner and then rope onto the beam from there. There's also a building opposite Bafford's I can't get into as the rope arrows shot into the wood above the open windows aren't long enough. Is this all right? I've got vague memories of TG and T2 having different rope lengths and am wondering if my install is acting up.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast