TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Dromed movement

Dromed movement

Well, it is inconvenient. Can it be improved? I mean not just remap buttons, but some drastic improvement like using a mouse for changing the direction of sight. Now it feels even worse than vim's hjkl.

Or at least can we somehow scroll projections (? I'm not sure how they are called correctly. Top/front/right... projections.) fast and without moving the camera? Now I can only move the camera through the right-button menu.

Short answer... no. You'll have to wait for the FMEditor project.

You can just right click to teleport the camera though - it's the default option on the right click menu, so a simple right click will just teleport immediately.

W, A, X and D with R and V to look up and down takes a bit of getting used to, but it becomes muscle memory over time.

>Short answer... no.

P.S. Thanks for the "Guide", by the way. DromEd isn't the most intuitive piece of software and your tutorial is really helpful.

Or at least can we somehow scroll projections (? I'm not sure how they are called correctly. Top/front/right... projections.) fast and without moving the camera? Now I can only move the camera through the right-button menu.
    Yes, you can do that.

You can use square brackets to cycle between viewports ( '[' and ']' ). And then once you have a 2D viewport selected, you can use NumPad to scroll in 8 directions.

To zoom in or out you can use + and -, but that keeps the same speed in relation to the world.

If you use < and > instead, you will zoom in and out, but the speed will be scaled accordingly, which means faster movement when zoomed out (so more or less same screen speed).

Here are the respective bindings from DEFAULT.BND file, in case yours are different:
    Code:
    edit bind keypad_end "num_scroll 1"
    edit bind keypad_down "num_scroll 2"
    edit bind keypad_pgdn "num_scroll 3"
    edit bind keypad_left "num_scroll 4"
    edit bind keypad_right "num_scroll 6"
    edit bind keypad_home "num_scroll 7"
    edit bind keypad_up "num_scroll 8"
    edit bind keypad_pgup "num_scroll 9"

edit bind + "zoom_all 0.5"      ; zoom in
    edit bind - "zoom_all 2.0"      ; zoom out
    edit bind < "global_scale 0"    ; zoom in & move cameras more slowly
    edit bind = "zoom_all 0.5"      ; zoom in
    edit bind > "global_scale 1"    ; zoom out & move cameras more rapidly
    edit bind [ "cycle_view 0"      ; make previous camera current
    edit bind ] "cycle_view 1"      ; make next camera current
    Dromed is great!

Good to know, although then you'd lose the ability to shift brushes with Numpad which is arguably more useful.

Yeah, personal preference, I suppose. You can always bind them to some keys using modifiers like shift or ctrl etc...