TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Vampire PC?

Vampire PC?

I know there are a big list of fan missions involving vampires, either as main antagonists or with some other involvement, but are there any FMs where you PLAY as a vampire? Is that even possible with Thief 2? Hell, are there any fan missions where you play as a nonhuman? I got thinking about this because, when you consider it, it's very odd that Garrett has these excellent nightvision capabilities, despite being a normal human. All you would have to do is increase the PCs speed and other physical attributes a somewhat and keep the brightness a little high to convincingly feel like a vampire.

sensut missions i feel would be your best bet,dracula series,lady bathory series/etc

If I recall it correctly, there is a very short part in "Kingsbridge" where the player is turned into a rat. I think this mainly reduces the player height. There are also a few missions where player attributes are somewhat changed; for example, in the fourth mission of Zontik's "Patriot", the player controls a small child for a while who has reduced body height. Later on, you play as Garrett in a zone where time is slowed down and you walk and run notably slower. On the other hand, in a few missions of GORT's "Rebellion of the Builder 2", you play as a warrior who has an increased walking speed.

And, as downwinder already mentioned, there are missions in Sensut's "Dracula", "Nosferatu" and "Elizabeth Bathory" series/campaigns which deal with vampires. The player usually plays humans there, though. One of the "Bathory" missions, however, puts the player in control of Elizabeth after she has become an undead. While she cannot drink blood from humans running around there, she has to be careful not to come too close to holy symbols (unless she wants to permanently end her undead state).

I do not remember any mission where you have vampiric powers allowing you to drink blood, or vampiric weaknesses such as receiving damage by sunlight. Perhaps we would have seen something like that had YcatX continued his "Ruins of Originia" series/campaign, as the end movie of the existing Originia missions suggest that Garrett has somehow become cursed, possibly affecting his vision. But alas! those missions have not come to light for a long time now... maybe it's harmful for vampire missions to come into contact with daylight?

I'm sure that there is a T2 FM where we play as Hammerite undead trying to get out from the crypt under the church. No way I would be able to recall the name though...
    Last edited by A.Stahl; 23rd Jun 2022 at 12:27.

Lord of the Thieves: Attack of the Orcs try that one

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    I'm sure that there is a T2 FM where we play as Hammerite undead trying to get out from the crypt under the church. No way I would be able to recall the name though...
    Would that be "To The End With Nothing" by Haplo and Marisa?

I also think that the PC is implied to be undead in Sperry's Awaken! for T1.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Wolf View Post
    Would that be "To The End With Nothing" by Haplo and Marisa?
    Ha, looks very much like it is. Thanks. I remember I didn't finish it for some reason, so I have some haunting to do...

In “Relic - Left for Dead” you play as a skeletised version of Garrett