TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Immersion: keep the ambient music when checking the map instead of the menu music

Immersion: keep the ambient music when checking the map instead of the menu music

https://www.reddit.com/r/Thief/comme...cma/?context=3

That's honestly a lovely idea. Basically keep the ambient music playing when you're checking the map instead of changing to the menu music. Would make the map more diegetic, it always felt like a very separate thing to gameplay, like the player has the map instead of Garret. Does anyone know if it's doable through a mod or something?

ZylonBane
    Yes. No.

Zylon, I love and thank you for what you've done for System Shock 2, but your whole internet persona is insufferable. Worst considering you're probably way, way older than me. Didn't want to miss the chance to tell you.
    Last edited by Kubrick; 28th Jul 2022 at 23:33.

ZylonBane
    Well here's the thing: I couldn't possibly care less what you think of me. You asked if anyone knows if it's possible. Yes, I do know if it's possible. Is it possible? No, it isn't.

If what you really want is headpats and affirmations, ask for that instead.

Don't mind ZB

I think clear communication is the issue in this example. "Yes. No." to me read as "It can sorta be done but not smoothly like you want." or something like that. I had no idea you mean "Yes, I know the answer, No, it cannot be done." So my less than extremely literal reading of the question and answer left me with the wrong message. I guess that's my fault.

ANYWAY, that in-game readables are one advantage I like about Dark Mod.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Yeah, I know about ZB, I've literally read 15 year old threads where they were the same. So I trully appreciate the tempering attitude, Komag, but it's clearly not an issue of not knowing how to communicate. It's no problem, it doesn't really bother me, it's just that I decided to answer ZB with the same nonchalant and dismissive attitude they extend towards others. But look, tugging at his rope collar actually gave me a straight answer from him! Thanks to both, glad to know it was thought of and a shame it's not possible to do.