TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What is your favourite T1/TG mission of the years 2019/2020/2021/2022

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alcazar

14 45.16%
  • A Night in Old Quarter

4 12.90%
  • Ascend the Dim Valley

15 48.39%
  • Bracelet of Melody

3 9.68%
  • Doom

2 6.45%
  • Down in the Old Vault

3 9.68%
  • Elemental Excursion

0 0%
  • Falling, In Love

1 3.23%
  • Lone Rock Outpost

2 6.45%
  • Morning Light

2 6.45%
  • Nightwalk

1 3.23%
  • Recipe for Turmoil

2 6.45%
  • The Four Emperors

1 3.23%
  • The Hammer Skull

3 9.68%
  • TRS – 1000

1 3.23%
  • Whispers below the Cobblestone

14 45.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Your favourite T1/TG mission of the years 2019/2020/2021/2022

Your favourite T1/TG mission of the years 2019/2020/2021/2022

Vote for your favourite Thief 1/Thief Gold mission of the years 2019/2020/2021/2022!

This is btw the last poll for the Thief 1/Thief Gold missions. Next up will be Thief 2

Umm, Samantha, year 2022 isn't over yet, so why are you making poll for it now?

Because I didnīt want to leave out the 2 missions that came out already. If in 2022 more Thief 1/Gold missions come out, Iīll make a poll for 2022/2023. Though I doubt that there will be enough missions for another poll in only 1 or 2 years.

Becomes if Black Parade comes out later this year, then other missions published in 2022 won't stand a chance :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Because if you run a contest such as this your always going to have the final year incomplete, unless you plan the start of the contest to make sure the last poll is posted on 31st Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Because if you run a contest such as this your always going to have the final year incomplete, unless you plan the start of the contest to make sure the last poll is posted on 31st Dec.
    And what's wrong with that? I mean, there is mentioned Black Parade that may happen this year, but also there is current contest that probably will have some Thief 1 entries. Why do you need to do a poll for this year so quickly is beyond me. Also it's better to do a poll in January next year as there may be a mission released at the very last day of 2022. Really, what's the rush?

As I already said, if another mission in 2022 comes out I will put it together with 2023 (and for sure 2024). As you can see there arenīt enough missions per year for a whole poll, so the next poll for thief 1/Gold might be up only in about 3-4 years. The missions are out now so I find it a good thing to bring more attention to them already.

A race between Alcazar and Ascend the Dim Valley, how interesting! I have to replay Ascend the Dim Valley, I barely remember it

When done with this one, you should take the top 3 from each and make a 'Best TG Mission of All Time' poll.

It would be very interesting to see the results.

Somebodies voted for TRS -1000

Mind you it is one seriously tough cookie without using the blackjack cheat dml, but if you do cheat and get up to the top floors your rewarded with a superb map that will have you in hysterics, and is hugely memorable, but yes a seriously annoying FM. Spoonman I love you!

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Agreed. Not gonna vote until I see what other missions get released this year, unless someone knows something we don't about 2022....

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    When done with this one, you should take the top 3 from each and make a 'Best TG Mission of All Time' poll.

It would be very interesting to see the results.
    Hmmm Iīm not very sure about it. The polls are actually for bringing attention to the single missions, especially the older ones. So letting the winners fight each other for a first place.. I donīt know. But Iīll do that poll if itīs wished for.

Question: Who else wants to see a poll with the poll winners?

Btw how come no one votes for the four emperors?! Imo itīs a pretty damn cool mission so I voted for it

that was the one with the warp window? if so i also liked that one,just needed to be bigger layout

Warp window? The four emperors is the mission with the 4 trials (being fast, being smart, being strong, being faithful) in an ancient temple.

the doorway you flip a timed switch and run through to another part of map to complete a puzzle,not sure what else to call it?

Aaaand we have a winner: Ascend the Dim Valley! While Alcazar and Whispers below the Cobblestone share 2. place!

Congratulations!

Next poll will be a poll for the final winner of T1/TG. It will also mark the end for the T1/TG polls for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Next poll will be a poll for the final winner of T1/TG. It will also mark the end for the T1/TG polls for now.
    Yeah!

I was honestly too nervous to vote or even look at this poll; I personally would have voted for Alcazar and Whispers Below the Cobblestone (both of which I was honoured to have a small hand in helping with -- very small in the case of Alcazar). So, if people want to consider this a well-deserved 3-way tie, then by all means do so.

Though really, most of these maps are worth playing if you haven't: I think special mention should go to Doom, Down In The Old Vault, A Night In Old Quarter, Lone Rock Outpost, Morning Light, and The Hammer Skull. They're all great examples of what Thief maps can be.

But remember, 2022 isn't close to over yet... perhaps something for T1 is yet to release that will blow everything out of the water?

All wonderful missions just like you said

perhaps something for T1 is yet to release that will blow everything out of the water?
    I would so love that!