TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: Alterna Crystallis - August 19, 2022

New T2 FM: Alterna Crystallis - August 19, 2022

*** Added French language thanks to Apiai. ***

After many years of working on this mission and procrastinating part of the time, I have finally finished building and beta testing this mission.

Thanks to all of the beta testers that tested my mission. Your suggestions and observations are invaluable.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P55...ew?usp=sharing

This mission was designed with EP2 installed, but it should work fine without EP2 installed.

If you have an issue with spiders, there are no spiders in the Normal difficulty.

Make sure you have the latest NV Scripts as well as the Public Scripts.

I keep getting requests for permission to view or download AlternaCrystallisV12.zip but that file no longer exists. The link above is the only version available. Also I do not use GMail so I won't be able to reply there.

**Walkthrough courtesy of Fortuni. Thank you Fortuni!!
    Last edited by john9818a; 17th Nov 2022 at 23:55. Reason: changed link to NV Scripts

Awesome, thanks!

I guess our unreported ghost list for T1/2 isn't done after all.

Awesome, thanks for the work.

downloading now,will post update as i go through mission thank you so much for the hard work

ok i have a couple issues ,a lot of the textures are not appearing in mission until i bump into them,so if i dont bump into them i might miss a item on said texture,also after knocking out people and i pick them up to drop them they disappear,and some doors appear black so i just push against it to either pick or just go right through the door,also some textures have no collision so i can walk through say a bed in garretts house/etc,also when trying to knock out some people the hit detection is missing at some angles so i had to try a few times to get the right spot,and not sure if vine arrows are broken but they dont seems to work on metal? i tryed to get those glasses right at the start on broken balcony but nothing would hold the arrow,i reloaded like 5 times trying to get one to stick

i am playing in thief2 fmsel all updated no enhancement packs

also some of the cameras were invisible only could hear them=invisible until i bump into it

basically its impossible for me to play it as of now as i am probably missing a lot of stuff in mission to complete it and i dont want to try to get to far,with the issues i am having

but one thing i wanted to ask i ended up running a bit just to see what was around and there is one area where i think from sewer you go up untill you get to a floor then down some stairs to a front gate covered in guards,it seems very much like an area i played before,wondered if it was used in a older mission,and i have no idea what mission it was,but that one part seems so much like an area i remember from a older mission???
    Last edited by downwinder; 20th Aug 2022 at 02:36.

Thanks for the work.

Is there anything special needed to be done to get it to work with the latest Angel Loader? I dropped the mission in the FM folder but it doesn't show up in the loader menu.

Big thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Is there anything special needed to be done to get it to work with the latest Angel Loader? I dropped the mission in the FM folder but it doesn't show up in the loader menu.
    Shows and starting fine in my AngelLoader.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    ok i have a couple issues
    I saw a video made by somebody with some of these problems. The creator of that video also had < 20 fps. Was that you? What machine do you use? I bet you may have some S3-tier video card that may have "nuances" in Direct3d implementation.

As downwinder, i also have problems just in the beginning. So i'm waiting to see if its gonna be fixed. Never seen this before.

*EDIT*
    Played a little more and saw some of the things downwinder mentioned. I have Windows 11 with a GeForce GTX 960.
    Last edited by Beltzer; 20th Aug 2022 at 03:16.

no it was not me,i don't make any videos

but i do have a pile of shit computer ussaly i seen this when trying to run a thief 1/gold mission on t2 fmsel

so its is strange for me to see

What's strange is that two beta testers sliptip and griswold reported the same thing, but no one else had this issue. I never had it on my pc and I'm using a Windows 10 PC with GeForce GTX 1060 video card. I wasn't able to find a cause for the two beta testers' issues.

downwinder the vine arrows don't work on metal but they do work on certain metal textures like the grate... remember Soulforge. There is a wood stick on the balcony that you can use the vine arrow on.

This mission uses the old Jenevere De Ja Vu map.
    Last edited by john9818a; 20th Aug 2022 at 10:15. Reason: added info

What a pity. Hope someone know what it can be? Have you asked about it in Editors Guild or at Discord?

I guess I should have asked at discord since the testing was at discord.

Here is the preview thread that shows before and after screenies: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150097 Scroll down to see the comparisons.

I hope you can find out the "problem" and do an update There is not many FMs nowadays.
    Last edited by Beltzer; 20th Aug 2022 at 10:45.

Beltzer
    Could you or anyone else with this bug upload your cam_ext.cfg and possibly other .cfg files?
    Maybe someone could reproduce this bug.

Is your thief2.exe "Large Address Aware"-patched?
    Have you tried different settings @ "single_display_mode", vsync_modes, "d3d_disp_limit_gpu_frames", "d3d_disp_no_rgb10_buf", "d3d_disp_enable_hdr" ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    I hope you can find out the "problem" and do an update There is not many FMs nowadays.
    I got this from marbleman at discord. Make a backup of your dark.cfg file in your Thief2 folder, and then download this version to your Thief2 folder:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eEt...ew?usp=sharing

Apparantly anyone with this issue has limited object references, so this new dark.cfg increases the number of objects allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I got this from marbleman at discord. Make a backup of your dark.cfg file in your Thief2 folder, and then download this version to your Thief2 folder:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eEt...ew?usp=sharing

Apparantly anyone with this issue has limited object references, so this new dark.cfg increases the number of objects allowed.
    Perfect Seems to work fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by M.H. View Post
    Beltzer
    Could you or anyone else with this bug upload your cam_ext.cfg and possibly other .cfg files?
    Maybe someone could reproduce this bug.

Is your thief2.exe "Large Address Aware"-patched?
    Have you tried different settings @ "single_display_mode", vsync_modes, "d3d_disp_limit_gpu_frames", "d3d_disp_no_rgb10_buf", "d3d_disp_enable_hdr" ...?
    Thanks for the tips. But got it to work

I'm glad to hear that Beltzer!

I updated the zip file with a new fm.cfg from nicked so that no one will have to worry about installing the dark.cfg file.

So far I like this - nice city mission. You put alot of effort into the sound design it seems - everywhere I go there is some atmospheric sound that fits the scene/place and this totally adds to feeling. Found some issues with clipping - some wooden beams seem to be no objects - so the vine arrows just fly through them, also on some accessable roofs you sometimes get stuck like there's an invsisble wall - some areas are also blocked by invisible walls - I assume that was intentional so the player can't got there? for example the fence/walkable roof on the eastside of the city watch. I can understand why it's done but it's not a nice way to block players and kills the exploration vibe a bit. But don't want to complain to much. Thank you for creating this mission! I'm looking forward to play on

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I'm glad to hear that Beltzer!

I updated the zip file with a new fm.cfg from nicked so that no one will have to worry about installing the dark.cfg file.
    Downloaded. Works like a charm

Downloading now glad to see a new mission!!!! Thanks for this I was having Thief withdrawals haha!!
    Thanks
    pwl

... Were the people who had the issue not using the latest version of newdark or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    ... Were the people who had the issue not using the latest version of newdark or something?

i use 1.27 also

So my issue of not being able to see the FM in the latest Angel Loader is because I didn't point it towards the FM mission folder.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast