TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Looking for Thief 2 Autumn themed missions

Looking for Thief 2 Autumn themed missions

Since it's Autumn now, or Fall for Americans, I'd like to play some good missions in that atmosphere. Obviously looking only for the best of the best. Don't really have more preferences than that, anything goes, as long as it's certified quality.

Into the Odd, imo the best fan mission ever. Into the Dark Forest Remastered is really good but I guess many people missed it because the original version was awful. Sinful Opportunities is a small but good and cozy mission. First mission of Breaking the Stone has an autumnal atmosphere. And you can always search "Autumn" category on thiefguild.com.

Autumn In Lampfire Hills is the best of the best, in my personal opinion, just to get you started.

What about T1 missions?
    Purah's missions also often have autumn theme: Autumn in Lampfire Hills (T1), Calendra's Legacy, and (I presume) Calendra's Cistern. I second Into the Odd, and also will add Alcazar (T1)- another excellent mission from ItO authors.

If we're adding T1 mission then yes, Alcazar and Autumn in Lampfire Hills are great and also Recipe for Turmoil.

Ah sure yeah, T1 is good too.

Here's another nod towards Into the Dark Forest Remastered, don't sleep on that one.

Summer doesn't end until 23rd September (22nd for Americans). Stop faffing about with Thief and fire up the grill! These wieners won't cook themselves, y'know!

If it's not already known, "Autumn In Lampfire Hills" is also available for T2.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    If it's not already known, "Autumn In Lampfire Hills" is also available for T2.
    I have never heard of Autumn in Lampfire Hills being available for Thief 2. There is, however, a New Dark version of this mission with numerous fixes and enhancements. But it's for Thief 1.

You can also check this list I made some time ago, it consists of spooky and/or atmospheric FMs more or less connected with autumn:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/fanmissio...ion=25&table=t

As far as I know, there was one posting that mentioned the then-released NewDark version of "Autumn in Lampfire Hills", but could easily be misunderstood in a way that said the new version was for T2. That one, however, was indeed for T1 NewDark.

I stand corrected - I just checked and you guys are of course right.
    For whatever reason I put it into the wrong folder on my end here...

Oh, and I forgot about Breaking the Stone. The first mission in this three-mission campaign has an autumn atmosphere as far as I remember, a really good mission that one.

The T2 mission "Behind Closed Doors" immediately springs to mind ... it's not exactly an "autumn" mission per se, but the style and the atmosphere of the city create a very strong autumn feeling and vibe imo ... otherwise brilliant mission as well, one of the best city/rooftop missions I've played to be honest.