TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55

Thread: Who would be a good actor to star in a first-ever Thief movie?

  1. #26
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland
    Would have loved a young Bruce Campbell to play Garrett.

    "Yeah. All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up.
    See this? This... is my BLACKJACK!
    It's a one handed, all leather Noggin Knocker, Farkus Functionals top-of-the-line.
    You can find this in the sneaky goods department.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Hightowne, right here in The City.
    Retails for about 5 gold coins.
    It's got a burrick leather exterior, lead shot interior and a REAL twitchy owner.
    That's right. Shop Smartus... erm...Shop Farkus?
    YA GOT THAT!?"

  2. #27
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    actually first you need a written story/order of sequences,so that only takes time and many people efforts

    i would help for free,just thinking about correcting mistakes on game levels/order of things would be real fun

  3. #28
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Would have loved a young Bruce Campbell to play Garrett.

    "Yeah. All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up.
    See this? This... is my BLACKJACK!
    It's a one handed, all leather Noggin Knocker, Farkus Functionals top-of-the-line.
    You can find this in the sneaky goods department.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Hightowne, right here in The City.
    Retails for about 5 gold coins.
    It's got a burrick leather exterior, lead shot interior and a REAL twitchy owner.
    That's right. Shop Smartus... erm...Shop Farkus?
    YA GOT THAT!?"
    Doing the voice work for the character as an animated series? Yes. For live-action? Not really. He's too old now unfortunately.

  4. #29
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    actually first you need a written story/order of sequences,so that only takes time and many people efforts

    i would help for free,just thinking about correcting mistakes on game levels/order of things would be real fun
    Maybe even create new characters not shown in the games, sometimes it can work. But, not always I understand. Just an idea.

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    i think a lot of the characters in text/letters would be enough for a kathra din era part

    out of curiosity if there a page on wiki with every single letters in game in readable form to look through,just paper letters from thief 1/g/2/3

    i am pretty sure a lot of the characters from list are just text only character from readables in game,would be cool to explore them more in depth

  6. #31
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i think a lot of the characters in text/letters would be enough for a kathra din era part

    out of curiosity if there a page on wiki with every single letters in game in readable form to look through,just paper letters from thief 1/g/2/3

    i am pretty sure a lot of the characters from list are just text only character from readables in game,would be cool to explore them more in depth
    More like character development to explore the background and origins of the other Thief characters besides Garrett.

  7. #32
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    the mystery of kevel

  8. #33
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    the mystery of kevel

  9. #34
    I think when Thief movie rumors first swirled around years ago, Jude Law (or a younger Jude Law, maybe?) came to my mind as a potentially good Garrett for reasons that escape me now. I haven't seen him in anything for years, so I'm not sure how I'd feel about it now
    Last edited by Darkness_Falls; 3rd Nov 2022 at 18:12.

  10. #35
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness_Falls View Post
    I think when Thief movie rumors first swirled around years ago, Jude Law (or a younger Jude Law) came to my mind as a potentially good Garrett for reasons that escape me now. I haven't seen him in anything for years, so I'm not sure how I'd feel about it now
    He would make a good Garrett, but no one owns the rights to the Thief franchise. So, it's hard to say how this would play out. They just need to use CGI to make him look younger.

  11. #36
    I thought the Embracer Group bought the rights to Thief?

  12. #37
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness_Falls View Post
    I thought the Embracer Group bought the rights to Thief?
    https://www.dualshockers.com/new-thi...mbracer-group/

  13. #38
    Where in that novel of an article does it say nobody owns the rights to the Thief franchise? It's like directing someone to a 10 minute video and expecting them to watch the whole thing to find the five words you want them to hear

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    He would make a good Garrett, but no one owns the rights to the Thief franchise.
    I read a lot of it for you, and everything just confirms my statement about Embracer Group seemingly owning Thief. Now I give up and just want the timestamp, so to speak

  14. #39
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2001
    Location: the Sheeple Pen
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Would have loved a young Bruce Campbell to play Garrett.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    Not really. He's too old now unfortunately.
    Young Bruce Campbell is too old now?

    I think that even old Bruce Campbell would pull it off, actually.

  15. #40
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness_Falls View Post
    Where in that novel of an article does it say nobody owns the rights to the Thief franchise? It's like directing someone to a 10 minute video and expecting them to watch the whole thing to find the five words you want them to hear



    I read a lot of it for you, and everything just confirms my statement about Embracer Group seemingly owning Thief. Now I give up and just want the timestamp, so to speak
    Universal Studios, 20th Century Fox, Colombia Pictures, Warner Bros. etc would be the question to who would film the movie.

  16. #41
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    Young Bruce Campbell is too old now?

    I think that even old Bruce Campbell would pull it off, actually.
    Physically, he's in his mid-60's now. They would have to use CGI to De-age his appearance to make him look like between his late 20's to mid-30's

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    Universal Studios, 20th Century Fox, Colombia Pictures, Warner Bros. etc would be the question to who would film the movie.
    We weren't talking about who would film it. We were talking about who owns the franchise. It's fine, though. I can't really tell if you're being serious or not, so I'll assume you are and check myself out of the converation for now to avoid going in more circles

  18. #43
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness_Falls View Post
    We weren't talking about who would film it. We were talking about who owns the franchise. It's fine, though. I can't really tell if you're being serious or not, so I'll assume you are and check myself out of the converation for now to avoid going in more circles
    I was never serious about creating any movie, I don't have the time right now to do any work. This thread was just a "what if scenario" if a Thief movie was made. Sorry for "Taffing" you.

  19. #44
    Oh, sorry, I totally thought you were making a Thief movie soon and were seriously trying to pull a fantastic team of actors together to start filming in a couple months! Like you, I also don't know if I'd have time to do any work on the film, even as an extra in some Life of the Party scene or a townsfolk on the cobblestone streets. Would be fun, though!

    It seems like Eidos Montreal/Square Enix circa 2015 made it sound like a Thief movie might happen, so I thought you were serious

  20. #45
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland
    Wait, there's no movie?
    I wanted to play a Burrick. Very little SFX needed there too, if I'm being honest.

  21. #46
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness_Falls View Post
    Oh, sorry, I totally thought you were making a Thief movie soon and were seriously trying to pull a fantastic team of actors together to start filming in a couple months! Like you, I also don't know if I'd have time to do any work on the film, even as an extra in some Life of the Party scene or a townsfolk on the cobblestone streets. Would be fun, though!

    It seems like Eidos Montreal/Square Enix circa 2015 made it sound like a Thief movie might happen, so I thought you were serious
    I apologize, I should had said something earlier in the thread. So, you didn't have to get your hopes up for nothing.

  22. #47
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Wait, there's no movie?
    I wanted to play a Burrick. Very little SFX needed there too, if I'm being honest.
    I would play as an Assassin.

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    I apologize, I should had said something earlier in the thread. So, you didn't have to get your hopes up for nothing.
    No problem. It wasn't for nothing
    I will just keep playing Thief games as I wait for a Thief movie come out, and hope good actors that can play the characters are selected when it does. I think the Witcher series was successful, so maybe that gives hope for a Thief movie or series someday

  24. #49
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness_Falls View Post
    No problem. It wasn't for nothing
    I will just keep playing Thief games as I wait for a Thief movie come out, and hope good actors that can play the characters are selected when it does. I think the Witcher series was successful, so maybe that gives hope for a Thief movie or series someday
    Henry Cavill as Garrett wouldn't be a bad idea either, he played Superman and can speak great with an American accent so playing as the master thief would be something interesting to see of him in a new role.

  25. #50
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Lost in the BSP...
    I think Ian McShane would be a good Hammerite High Priest, or Constantine..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •