TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would be a good actor to star in a first-ever Thief movie?

Who would be a good actor to star in a first-ever Thief movie?

Since there are no plans to release a fifth Thief game anytime soon. If a Thief movie was in the works, who would you like to see play Garrett on the big screen?

Johnny Depp. He's got the voice for it too

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Johnny Depp. He's got the voice for it too
    Good choice, since Disney has blacklisted him to ever again play Captain Jack Sparrow, he definitely can play Garrett.

Johnny Depp/Ryan Reynolds - Garrett
    Ian Mc Diarmid - Constantine
    Emily Blunt - Victoria
    Jorge Garcia - Cutty
    Dwayne Johnson- Ramirez
    Christoph Waltz - Karras

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking Robot View Post
    Johnny Depp/Ryan Reynolds - Garrett
    Ian Mc Diarmid - Constantine
    Emily Blunt - Victoria
    Jorge Garcia - Cutty
    Dwayne Johnson- Ramirez
    Christoph Waltz - Karras
    Willem Dafoe would be a great actor to play as Karras. He would make a good Karras. I don't know about Dwayne Johnson as Ramirez though. The others are not bad at all. Ryan Reynolds would be playing Garrett as the physical character while Johnny Depp provides the voice or both of them either provide the physical and voice to the character. The others playing the remaining characters would be awesome.

I think Chris Pine would make a pretty good Garrett, but Johnny Depp is even better. Jowever, there are all kinds of sinister elderly actors I can imagine for Constantine... Ciaran Hinds is one of them, Sean Bean too. And I don't think anyone can do justice to Benny other than Stephen Russell himself .

but who will play lady van vernon :P

Quote Originally Posted by vlaga View Post
    I think Chris Pine would make a pretty good Garrett, but Johnny Depp is even better. Jowever, there are all kinds of sinister elderly actors I can imagine for Constantine... Ciaran Hinds is one of them, Sean Bean too. And I don't think anyone can do justice to Benny other than Stephen Russell himself .
    Keanu Reeves would also make a good Garrett as well.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    but who will play lady van vernon :P
    Natalie Portman.

Had he been alive, Sean Connery would have been a great Hammerite high priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    Had he been alive, Sean Connery would have been a great Hammerite high priest.
    Oh yeah, he would. That would had been a great role for him.

I could see the late great Christopher Lee pull off an amazing Constantine, or a Hammer high priest. Sean Connery I could see more as a regular hammerite

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I could see the late great Christopher Lee pull off an amazing Constantine, or a Hammer high priest. Sean Connery I could see more as a regular hammerite
    I can see him playing Constantine, great choice! Sean Connery could play a regular Hammerite Guard, but should play as a more prominent role instead.

Stephen Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Stephen Russell
    If they did an animated series, he could provide the voice for Garrett. Live-action wise, he's older now to play him physically. So, I don't think so.

i like to think about who would play all the less known npc's like farcus ,his role last a whooping 1 plank length ,as soon as you move he is killed =rough roll to cast

and the bubblesons need to be a comedy couple

also a question i just wondered would all 3 games be in movie? like thief 1/2/3 as in lore amount in movie make it a 3 hour movie 1 hour per game?

i like to think about who would play all the less known npc's like farcus ,his role last a whooping 1 plank length ,as soon as you move he is killed =rough roll to cast

and the bubblesons need to be a comedy couple

also a question i just wondered would all 3 games be in movie? like thief 1/2/3 as in lore amount in movie make it a 3 hour movie 1 hour per game?
    Good question, I don't know who would play the less known NPC characters from the game. LOL, yeah the way Farcus died was unfortunate for him. I don't recall, the Bumblesons didn't make an appearance in the game. Only mentioned in dialogue. There would be 3 separate movies to make a trilogy from Thief 1 through 3, excluding Thief (2014) The last game isn't canon at all.

sounds great mcmike i agree,but would be cool to go through game again and find out all named npc's and list them as only main charecter would be a bad movie we need filler and those npc's are perfect

truart and mosley who would they be

who is going to play the golden child

i like the 3 movie idea 100% agree for thief 1/2/3

all the keeper charecter would have to be the most serious actors

mechs and hammer can be the fringe type where they can snap in a moments notice=kinda a communist style is how i see them

the pagans would be interesting also the thisolaids

the tree beasts/etc also should probably be cgi

and the downwind thieves guild has alot to offer since thief gold added there mission,no the layout in movie would not be like game :P

sounds great mcmike i agree,but would be cool to go through game again and find out all named npc's and list them as only main charecter would be a bad movie we need filler and those npc's are perfect

truart and mosley who would they be

who is going to play the golden child

i like the 3 movie idea 100% agree for thief 1/2/3

all the keeper charecter would have to be the most serious actors

mechs and hammer can be the fringe type where they can snap in a moments notice=kinda a communist style is how i see them

the pagans would be interesting also the thisolaids

the tree beasts/etc also should probably be cgi

and the downwind thieves guild has alot to offer since thief gold added there mission,no the layout in movie would not be like game :P
    Check out the "thief.fandom.com" site for all of the character's names and more info you can read about.

omg https://thief.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Character

i had no idea there were that many characters wow

and that is not counting creatures

omg https://thief.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Character

i had no idea there were that many characters wow

and that is not counting creatures
    Definitely would have to be a 3-movie series to get everyone featured.

i got a serious question though ,a lot of thief series is readable's,how would that work in a movie? does the readable show on screen as a letter or does character read it with actor on screen or a mix of both?

also how do secrets work in movie,also in game there is usually more then one way into a place ,but in a movie you only will have one option to show on screen an example getting into bafford throne room there is 3 ways from main doors one is on left and one is on right also secret passage from cut banner

i am guessing for each multiple option in game the choice would be the secret way/most interesting way into a place

same goes for all the other missions with multi paths,i would love to sit down with the writers and go over what i think is the best way to approach each mission in movie to get the most secrets included in movie

also i want to say i think 3 movies is great but i feel it should start with a short kathra din era scene way in the past maybe showing how keepers got started/mages/etc ,so going into thief 1 it would have a bit more lore so people would already be invested even before garrett comes into play,also after thief 3 maybe in post credit scene should have a bit more of post thief 3 world,maybe a shot of people who are left years later showing what they doing in future

i think a test scene should be done =ofcourse i think life of the party should be done to show proof of concept,the level has a lot of ways to go,a lot of factions in the level in mini amounts,kinda a bit of everything,and plenty of conversations

and let us not forget its the very first time we get to use the starburst device on the door passed green house /via rope arrow for those who never knew what it was for =spoiler :P

i wont lie i want to see how the mage tower in city scene plays out,does garrett real the tomb to make that zombie appear or does he find lowest most secret,or go through lower window by broken elevator building /etc

well i will let it be known now i would love to help and writers with flow of movies as in what direction garrett should go to get as much as possible in a level with out having to backtrack,of course best way is to start with cut scene first in a real scene then go into mission/repeat entire movie

and yes all the lack luster levels would be fixed in movie

the start of thieves guild conversation would have to be changed a bit as i felt they were just to dumb to be a fellow downwinder such as myself

movie 1 can included short kathra din scene to show earylest known history to lay out the start of factions,then thief 1 for first movie

movie 2 can be a short scene a bit of what happen after thief 1 but right before thief 2 to fill in a bit of gap then do thief 2

movie 3 can be a short scene a bit of what happen after thief 2,then thief 3,also would be nice to have post thief 3 character updates like post 10 years/etc=if they don't make a thief 4 cannon/lore game

then the question become if it does well do they make thief 4 if so the end of third movie would have to be no character updates as thief 4 can pick that up in game

^^^^just a super tight view of how it should be layed out,of course each scene would carefully done with cut scene,then level,have to figure out how long each movie is that section out times for each scene to get entire game in a movie,would be fun to do

movie 1 can included short kathra din scene to show earylest known history to lay out the start of factions,then thief 1 for first movie

movie 2 can be a short scene a bit of what happen after thief 1 but right before thief 2 to fill in a bit of gap then do thief 2

movie 3 can be a short scene a bit of what happen after thief 2,then thief 3,also would be nice to have post thief 3 character updates like post 10 years/etc=if they don't make a thief 4 cannon/lore game

then the question become if it does well do they make thief 4 if so the end of third movie would have to be no character updates as thief 4 can pick that up in game

^^^^just a super tight view of how it should be layed out,of course each scene would carefully done with cut scene,then level,have to figure out how long each movie is that section out times for each scene to get entire game in a movie,would be fun to do
    All we need is a movie crew and team to make it happen which takes a lot of money and effort, no movie or game studios owns the rights to the Thief franchise. It can be possible, but not at this time sadly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast