TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Return to the cathedral has a few issues that can break the mission permanently

Return to the cathedral has a few issues that can break the mission permanently

I just realized that this mission has several issues that can cause the mission to be blocked.

If like me you are silly enough to carry the bodies of the priests out of the cathedral and before picking the eye.... you will be blocked because you won't be able to bury them.

If you run out of fire arrows you might be blocked(this is more a problem of game philosophy you learn your mistake and save ammo.

The explosive used to blow up the door might fail to destroy it...I have set it against the door dozen of times and thought this was not the right place.I checked a guide to be sure and it was the right place.I just had to insist and really, I can't say why sometimes it worked and sometimes it failed.It was a matter of pixels.I don't know if this is caused by the tfix.

on last part aren't there any flares in mission???

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    on last part aren't there any flares in mission???
    I only found some sort of Giant Mine to put in front of the door.I never heard about flares before.

i meant if you don't have fire arrows you can use a flare to ignite the mine???

Flares didn't exist until T2.

wow i never realized that thank you brethren

were there any mines in level???,you could set big bomb then slam a mine next to it then arrow shot the mine to trigger the big bomb?

As said, it is not a bug, but rather a weak spot in mission design.
    However, there are many possibilities to get a fire arrow or a mine to ignite the explosive device, including this one secret:

- in the winter tunnels search for a big room with a wall mural. On the top right there is a secret switch.

If explosive device will fail opening gate you can do some crate stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    If explosive device will fail opening gate you can do some crate stacking.
    Tested it, works.
    By the way its easier facing down and dropping the multimolds you collected earlier in this mission.

One easy way out without using the device is just stacking enough crates to get up on the roof of St. Vale's (I think the shortest way up is near the cemetery gate), then jump to the exit gate. The top edge of St. Vale's has a long runway you can use to get the angle/distance correct. You might need a speed potion to make it reliably.