TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Anyone Heard From Sensut Lately?

Anyone Heard From Sensut Lately?

Anyone heard from Sensut lately? Sensut posted a couple of years ago the following:

"Unfortunately there will be no new release this year for Halloween (I'm in the first line against Covid yet), but the project is not given up. The mission was half finished when this disaster came and I had no time to deal with it since. I hope it will end soon and we can return to normal life "

Things have been "normal" for quite a while now and I wonder if everything is ok. The website that hosted all Sensut's missions has also been down for a while. I assume this was Sensut's personal website (http://www.sensut.atw.hu/).

Bump. They are a legend.

Sad that we've lost so many over the years, either due to deaths or just drifting apart... There are quite a few members I'd like to get in touch with again: The Phantom, HunterByNite, bukary, raetsel... just to name a few off the top of my head. I thought The Phantom would long outlast me, but he hasn't been around since back in April this year, but the others... many, many years, decades even, have passed, and no contact email works anymore.

I think Komag has returned somewhat recently, as I have, but... oh, and uncadonego..I think he's still around.

Even though some of their posts are quite a long time ago. their 'Last Activity' shows much more recent on some of them. Maybe that tracks logins...?

Komag is back, yes he is. his website back up too. It is sad that so many have drifted, for one reason or another. Part of life, part of forum life too. The only hard part, when they've been around for so long, then nothing. Makes you wonder, and it always will.

I thought I saw a recent post by Komag but was too lazy to do another search.

I sent Sensut a message with Messenger and he's fine. He's travelling at the moment but he'll check in here when he gets back home.

Thanks Linda, I've never been in this "general" section and would never found this topic here

Estel Randir, thanks for your worry, everything is fine with me, just I retreated quietly, for a while at least, since I haven't experienced much interest about my latest works but instead I experienced with regret that the Guild topic is dead because everyone went to chat on Discord. I am also a member of it but chatting is not my cup of tea and I've never been there. I think the knowledge must be written for the next generations as the Keepers did, and not just told on a chat platform where it disappears easily Sometimes I look at the forum, but I don't log in because it doesn't make much sense. I was hardly overloaded in those 2 pandemic years and meanwhile something changed in me. I lost completely my patience to sit on a chair for hours in front of the computer doing something I don't really enjoy anymore, so I got moving and I was looking for another hobby. I went back to playing ice hockey, we formed the amateur "old boys" team and now we try to stand up in our free time and prove for ourselves that we can play sports even after 50 But I didn't forget my Thief projects and one day, which probably never come, I'll get back to work in Dromed and I finish what I started. Honestly I don't see much chance for that now, but you know: never say never! The only Thief thing i'm a part of now is a Bathory campaign remake by some Polish fans, who contacted me asking for permission to do it, and they keep asking for advice. I don't know how serious that plan is, but I try to help them of course and would be nice if it was done. That campaign is my only favorite job.

PS: just I noticed your early PM. For some reason Google mail put the notification about it in the spam folder and found there right now, sorry Thank you anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Thanks Linda, I've never been in this "general" section and would never found this topic here

Estel Randir, thanks for your worry, everything is fine with me, just I retreated quietly, for a while at least, since I haven't experienced much interest about my latest works but instead I experienced with regret that the Guild topic is dead because everyone went to chat on Discord. I am also a member of it but chatting is not my cup of tea and I've never been there. I think the knowledge must be written for the next generations as the Keepers did, and not just told on a chat platform where it disappears easily Sometimes I look at the forum, but I don't log in because it doesn't make much sense. I was hardly overloaded in those 2 pandemic years and meanwhile something changed in me. I lost completely my patience to sit on a chair for hours in front of the computer doing something I don't really enjoy anymore, so I got moving and I was looking for another hobby. I went back to playing ice hockey, we formed the amateur "old boys" team and now we try to stand up in our free time and prove for ourselves that we can play sports even after 50 But I didn't forget my Thief projects and one day, which probably never come, I'll get back to work in Dromed and I finish what I started. Honestly I don't see much chance for that now, but you know: never say never! The only Thief thing i'm a part of now is a Bathory campaign remake by some Polish fans, who contacted me asking for permission to do it, and they keep asking for advice. I don't know how serious that plan is, but I try to help them of course and would be nice if it was done. That campaign is my only favorite job.

PS: just I noticed your early PM. For some reason Google mail put the notification about it in the spam folder and found there right now, sorry Thank you anyway!
    I am glad things are well with you. One often never knows what happened to people during this craziness of the last few years (and continuing craziness). I understand reaching a point in life you want to do something different. I work from home the last 3 yrs so I get a bit stir crazy being home 24/7. Now that home and work are combined there is no break from either one. It gets tedious and I want some change also. I hope you enjoy wherever your interests lead you. A bit of me will always hope part 3 of Nosferatu will be completed =).

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I sent Sensut a message with Messenger and he's fine. He's travelling at the moment but he'll check in here when he gets back home.
    Thanks =).

..but instead I experienced with regret that the Guild topic is dead because everyone went to chat on Discord. I am also a member of it but chatting is not my cup of tea and I've never been there. I think the knowledge must be written for the next generations as the Keepers did, and not just told on a chat platform where it disappears easily Sometimes I look at the forum, but I don't log in because it doesn't make much sense...
    I thought the same thing. It's not quite as dead as I previously thought though.

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151978

Glad to read this!

Sometimes time away is needed, we all do it. Living life, enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by. Thief will never leave you.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 3rd Dec 2022 at 12:11.

Hey Sensut, I don't know if you'll read this, but I just wanted to thank you. If your final mission has been released then so be it, I wouldn't want you to work a minute in something you don't enjoy, specially Thief-related. I read somewhere you dealt first hand with the pandemic, as a health care worker, and I remember googling your personal name and a few results (if they were you) showed you're quite accomplished academically. Congrats on everything. I can't think of anyone of any age which these last (almost) three years hasn't been thrown around for a loop. And what you've unselfishly given already is monumental, so I can't really feel sorry for no more FMs from you. Your missions are literally unlike any other. Like all the best mission authors, you've created your own personal aesthetic that makes it instantly recognizable as yours when you fire one up. You've really created art in the old Dromed. Thank you for all, if it was the last one!
    Last edited by Kubrick; 7th Dec 2022 at 12:39.

We have enjoyed your missions so very much over the years and will continue to enjoy them going forward. I hope your love for mission creation returns!

Sensut Thank you so very much for all of the hard work you put in to create your missions and campaigns.

You are one of my favorites I have enjoyed the stories you have told through your missions!!

And if you ever start making missions again I will be there to play them!!

pwl