Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2023 video thread

The 2023 video thread

Let's do this

Fascinating stuff, includes sounds captured on Venus' and Mars' surface

Level 10,000 achieved
    Subtitles.

(Mostly ) AI generated movie

This is a little story. It was like 3am last night, I was half-asleep and it suddenly occurred to me: the reason why Billy Ray Cyrus had to be the guy in Mulholland Drive was because DL was saying they were fucking with his movie and it broke his heart. It seems so obvious now. That's something I like about David Lynch movies. The meaning of things can come to you sometimes and suddenly seem really right.

Since this is a video thread, I'll pop in a DL video worth watching every now and then.

what are the rules of vids we can post? im assuming nothing explicit (obviously) but like are video essays allowed? i have 2 (they are pretty long tho) but both are worth a watch

a video essay and investigation into the disney channel theme and who wrote it in order to honor the composer

10% the conspiracy of the roblox oof sound effect and origins, and then a 90% deep dive and dunk on habitual liar and frauder tommy talirico

Interloper, a sort of spookypasta series about a mystery found in source engine games (not real but played off as if its real)

Half life vr but the a.i. is self aware

a twitch streamer and his friends play half life in garrys mod as if hes the player character and the npc's became sentient, alot of improve and nice jokes, and introduced me to the group as a whole

both are the first video in a series. also how do i tell if my recommendations are good ones?

The most realistic game ever made?

This guy does a bunch of stuff searching for lost media, obscure games and uncovering the actual sources / story behind weird internet memes. A lot of fun mystery solving deep dive stuff.

Last edited by Cipheron; 29th Apr 2023 at 06:38.

I've got to go here one day.

Last edited by Tocky; 30th Apr 2023 at 20:18.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

That's a good one, makes me wanna get out the mini that I haven't touched in a year
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Here's a guy building a diorama of classic celebrity moments, such as drunk Mel Gibson getting arrested, Michael Jackson's hair catching fire, and Steven Seagal getting put in a choke hold by stuntman Gene LeBell, accompanied by weird tangents, anecdotes, and deadpan jokes delivered in a style not quite like but also not entirely dissimilar to Tim Rogers and his his Action Button Review

Level 10,000 achieved
    Haha, watching the Seagal one. Great stuff, Starker.

Bobby Fingers is a master craftsman, not only of dioramas but of youtube videos and drymounted social commentary. And his channel was only started in April of 2022.

Thanks for the lead, Starker. Top drawer.

So I haven't seen Viva La Dirt League here yet so here goes. Start here and don't stop until you have watched everything or your family mounts an intervention.

Speaking of Viva La Dirt League, this is a different guy but his game-related stuff is great.

BTW this stuff is all in his 'Skits' playlist, if you only want the comedy stuff. There are ~150 of them, but they're almost all < 1 minute long. Just be sure to read the video titles first, because that's usually important context for the jokes.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 21st May 2023 at 01:32.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Haha yeah SungWon is funny, it's a shame he doesn't do these skits any more. Think he's been getting a lot of voiceacting gigs lately so he's probably super busy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast