TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thief The Dark Project 25th anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    We can only hope for the best because like I said before, we don't know what could happen next for the Thief franchise.
    To be honest, I'm pretty content with FM's and the Dark Mod. If that's all thaty remains, it's more than enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    To be honest, I'm pretty content with FM's and the Dark Mod. If that's all thaty remains, it's more than enough for me
    25 years seems like yesterday, the first Thief game was released. Time flies!

25 years seems like yesterday, the first Thief game was released. Time flies!
    Going on 20 years since I first discovered it (2003-2004)

Going on 20 years since I first discovered it (2003-2004)
    Imagine playing all 3 Thief games on PS5/Xbox Series X/S with those high definition graphics, talk about eye candy!

I'm absolutely okay with never having a new Thief game, if it doesn't look as good and faithful as this fan demo was, and if it doesn't play similarly to the originals with, obviously, improved AI and gameplay here and there. I don't really care for a bazillion dollars spent making another mediocre entry like NuThief. I rather things die than having them zombified. I know how I'd do in a zombie apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    I'm absolutely okay with never having a new Thief game, if it doesn't look as good and faithful as this fan demo was, and if it doesn't play similarly to the originals with, obviously, improved AI and gameplay here and there. I don't really care for a bazillion dollars spent making another mediocre entry like NuThief. I rather things die than having them zombified. I know how I'd do in a zombie apocalypse.
    But some fans may disagree that they do want another Thief game to come out. It’s half and half but yes the majority of fans do say, they don’t want another Thief game to be released. They rather leave it as it is.

No yeah, I completely understand someone would prefer a new mediocre entry. There are arguments about the enduring legacy of some IPs being built over mediocre late entries that nontheless shine a light on the great original games, like most of Fallout. Freelancer is a game that comes to mind that doesn't really have a successor (a few spiritual), was pretty popular back in the day, and now even though there are great overhaul mods for it, it's kinda fading into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    No yeah, I completely understand someone would prefer a new mediocre entry. There are arguments about the enduring legacy of some IPs being built over mediocre late entries that nontheless shine a light on the great original games, like most of Fallout. Freelancer is a game that comes to mind that doesn't really have a successor (a few spiritual), was pretty popular back in the day, and now even though there are great overhaul mods for it, it's kinda fading into obscurity.
    Instead of making a new Thief game, why not port the 3 original Thief games on PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Series X/S? At least for console players. But, it would take a lot of time for that to even happen. And it would have to be remastered up to 8K. Minus the fan missions you can't even play on consoles only on PC.

Happy 25th Anniversary today, Thief!

I also got the automated birthday wishes message from the TTLG server today, too, and that's how I remember.

Sitting down now with another run of Thief Gold on a 3Dfx Voodoo2 SLI to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjamz View Post
    Happy 25th Anniversary today, Thief!

I also got the automated birthday wishes message from the TTLG server today, too, and that's how I remember.

Sitting down now with another run of Thief Gold on a 3Dfx Voodoo2 SLI to celebrate.
    Time flies when you are having fun! 25 years of playing one of the greatest stealth games ever created!

It would be great Eidos releases trailer for new Thief game today.
    Last edited by weylfar; 2nd Dec 2023 at 04:26.

Quote Originally Posted by weylfar View Post
    I would be great Eidos releases trailer for new Thief game today.
    Yeah, it would be great to hear an announcement about another Thief game, but sadly the franchise going forward is dead. Another great stealth game I've been playing lately is Hitman World of Assassination. That game has similar elements borrowed from Thief, except you are an assassin and not a thief.

zomfg1234
    Quote Originally Posted by weylfar View Post
    It would be great Eidos releases trailer for new Thief game today.
    Well, Thief doesn't belong to Eidos, it used to belong to Square Enix which used Eidos Montreal to develop Thief 2014. Now the rights are in the hands of Embracer Group, which shut down a lot of projects that, I can only assume, were much higher in priority than another Thief game. It is very likely you won't see another Thief game in your life, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zomfg1234 View Post
    Well, Thief doesn't belong to Eidos, it used to belong to Square Enix which used Eidos Montreal to develop Thief 2014. Now the rights are in the hands of Embracer Group, which shut down a lot of projects that, I can only assume, were much higher in priority than another Thief game. It is very likely you won't see another Thief game in your life, which is a good thing.
    Let THQ Nordic buy out the Thief franchise since they have been bringing back classic old games that have died out from many years ago such as the Delta Force and Destroy all Humans franchises for example. Thief would be another one of those franchises to be resurrected back from the dead by them.

I want missions along the lines of what we got in the 20th anniversary

Let THQ Nordic buy out the Thief franchise since they have been bringing back classic old games that have died out from many years ago such as the Delta Force and Destroy all Humans franchises for example. Thief would be another one of those franchises to be resurrected back from the dead by them.

The original LGS team looking at what taffers have achieved with the Dark Engine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12