TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thief: Deadly Shadows 20th Anniversary Contest - May 25, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I am very curious if there will be at least one mission for T3 in this contest. I have the game installed just in case.
    Consider it done!

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    Consider it done!
    I am excited! After Thief's Rising 1 and 2, my expectations are high.

That countdown timer isn't correct, is it? Or is the deadline 5PM PDT on Mar 24?

Yes, it looks like this site automatically adjusts to the creator's timezone, so it's not accurate. Don't worry that you have until the 25th at 23:59:59 Pacific Time to submit your entry.

So will missions be released on Sunday then?

Hopefully yes

Question

Now that the timer ended, when can we expect to play the entries? Also, will there be a new post or how can we see the list itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi View Post
    Now that the timer ended, when can we expect to play the entries? Also, will there be a new post or how can we see the list itself?
    Just give the guys some time to wake up, drink a cup of coffee... Updating TTLG isn't their job, you know

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Just give the guys some time to wake up, drink a cup of coffee... Updating TTLG isn't their job, you know
    Sorry haha, this is the first time I'm apart of an anniversary event. I've been looking forward to this for months.

It's all fine. I've received all submissions, I hope to have everything up in the next hours.

What hast thou... built? When the time comes to review thy life, with the Master Builder afore thee, and the question is asked: what hast thou built, what will thee say?

Looking forward to playiiiiing

After submitting my mission at the last second, now I wonder if it even qualifies.

It uses a tiny bit of OM geometry: the aboveground city area from The Lost City. The readme mentions I pinched it from KOTP, but this refers just to the vanilla geometry, which I dramatically reshaped and retextured, as I couldn't figure out how to port it from TDP. It didn't occur to me until now that this might be invalidating.

You're fine, there were a few missions for the other anniversary contests that reused or emulated existing geometry from OMs.

Good to know. This has been an anxiety-inducing, but highly educational adventure.

The contest release thread is now live. Thanks to all participants!

’Finally, about Thief 3. Thank you, Adsk1. It seems that there are few Missions. It is the 20th anniversary.. In addition to Adsk1 ThiefRising, I was eager to see Fm from Savar.... and others. It seems that T3s popularity is unfortunately low. Congrats to all the authors for the releases

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123