TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any The Black Parade updates?

Also keep in mind nobody owes you anything and acting like you're entitled to some sort of marketing hype train is not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by zomfg1234 View Post
    Let's not overblow it. It was started in 2016, not a year ago.
    Now you're starting to sound more like a bit of a jerk rather than an overeager fan.

There is little comparison between TBP and T2X apart from them both being big campaigns.

60 authors were involved in making T2X and they built that campaign via Olddark, meaning much smaller missions, less complex ones with a lot fewer custom objects , terrain and textures etc, not to say simpler scripting. TBP has 5/6 core authors building missions, the T2X team could only dream of what Feuillade Industries have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    His colon probably.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    There is little comparison between TBP and T2X apart from them both being big campaigns.

60 authors were involved in making T2X and they built that campaign via Olddark, meaning much smaller missions, less complex ones with a lot fewer custom objects , terrain and textures etc, not to say simpler scripting. TBP has 5/6 core authors building missions, the T2X team could only dream of what Feuillade Industries have done.
    It's been a while since I've played T2X. So long that I don't remember anything about it and that's nearly as good as having a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    It's been a while since I've played T2X. So long that I don't remember anything about it and that's nearly as good as having a new campaign.
    The older I get, the more FMs I don't seem to recall well enough to make them playable again. I have spent the last several years going back to the very beginning of the FMs and replaying them all in what little free time I can spare. There are A LOT of them I barley remember.

Brethren
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez View Post
    This guy is just trolling for a response. Glad he hasn't had any acknowledgment from the authors.
    You mean except for the post directly after his?

zomfg1234
    2 days left.

I could imagine the authors aiming for a happy 25th anniversary release as a nice surprise, but discussing it this way might have ruined it for them.

I think ruining the ramp up to the release for everyone is the dude's whole thing.

zomfg1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    I think ruining the ramp up to the release for everyone is the dude's whole thing.
    Tell me about how I ruined the 25th anniversary too, Thief fandom will never recover from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I could imagine the authors aiming for a happy 25th anniversary release as a nice surprise, but discussing it this way might have ruined it for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post

I'm so distraught now that I don't even know if I want to play it when(if) it's released.

The thing is if it were planned for the 25th anniversary, I would absolutely delay the release to spite this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    The thing is if it were planned for the 25th anniversary, I would absolutely delay the release to spite this guy.
    I'd play a version missing some unfinished missions and then play the gold version later.

Doing this would give him credit which is the worst thing to do imo.
    The team shouldnít care about trolls, they should do what they have to do.

However, I donít think their communication strategy was the good one. Remaining silent and refusing to give information opens the door for rumors and increases frustration. I think they should have given an estimated release date at first, then make it more precise when they have more visibility, and at last, if they were not ready for some reason, they could have postponed it without having to give details

Well, I guess all that will be forgotten as soon as we play : itíll be either a good campaign and players will enjoy it and forget the waiting, or itíll be a deceiving one and people will stop talking about it after a few weeks.

I think there is no gold standard way to do it. At least not with a project scaled this big and what involves many people.
    Keeping this in secret until it's released would be impossible, and if anyone from outside the dev team (and other people of an "inner circle") will get know of it, there will be hype.
    If a deadline is made, people will be pissed off if said deadline is delayed and also it puts unnecessary pressure on the authors. If no deadline is made, people might create rumors and turn out to be just as annoying as they are

Anyways... I'm sure this campaign will be amazing. Very good even in the worst case. We are talking about a project made for an excellent game by people who already created excellent FMs thus already proven they are good on either the designing and/or the storytelling part of the game development. As a team, they can work out each others' weak spots. Also they have had plenty of time. Remember the original game was created in a seriously limited time frame and with worse resources available (in an older more buggy Dromed, less scripts, more physical limits etc.), so everything is given to create a campaign which surpasses both the original game and the vast majority of the FMs. I'm fairly confident that will be the result

Now just take your time to release it when you feel it should be released. Whether it will be in 2 days, X-mas time, New Year's eve, (insert whatever holiday or anniversary here), Black Friday, the 23th century, or even the doomsday, we will be happy to download and play it as soon as we can spare a little time for it
    Last edited by Taylor; 29th Nov 2023 at 16:43.

I don't know but I believe there will be BP teaser trailer before official release just to inform us to prepare our bodies and souls and to schedule our free time ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    You mean except for the post directly after his?
    Which post would that be? He's posted a bunch of times and I don't know the authors.
    Last edited by Ramirez; 29th Nov 2023 at 17:50. Reason: Add quote

zomfg1234
    It'd be a bit silly to postpone a whole release just because of one guy, wouldn't it. Don't be so spiteful, it's not good for your heart.

I'll be honest I totally forgot that this campaign was even being made until I saw the thread dredged up again the other day. It's been so long that I hope Garrett doesn't get ran off to some other town that's mostly water and ends up swimming around most of the time and a familiar bad guy shows up again but doesn't seem as bad as the first time around. I have no idea what I'm going on about though...

Is there any update to this?

Unfortunately we've had to cancel The Black Parade, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Is there any update to this?

9 hours to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    Unfortunately we've had to cancel The Black Parade, sorry
    It's ok, it didn't look that good anyways, and it was so early in development. Better luck next time guys.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast