TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Halloween and Thief

Halloween and Thief

They go together like cheese and crackers. The chill in the air always makes me nostalgic for our game. So I thought I'd share a bit of what happens at Sly's house round this time of year with a few pictures. A fireplace mantle makes for great holiday decorating. So I present this year's Spooky Mantle at Sly's house. This cheap picture couldn't be closer to a "Thief's Greatest City Doors" tribute and I'm sure it's a total coincidence. Also a shot from out front last night. Come Halloween night the yard with be filled with the sounds of The Haunted Cathedral and other lovely audio cuts we all know and love. Happy Halloween everybody!

Last edited by SlyFoxx; 21st Oct 2023 at 15:39.

All I see is a bunch of code when I click "Reply With Quote" and the original message only shows the text you wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    They go together like cheese and crackers. The chill in the air always makes me nostalgic for our game. So I thought I'd share a bit of what happens at Sly's house round this time of year with a few pictures. A fireplace mantle makes for great holiday decorating. So I present this year's Spooky Mantle at Sly's house. This cheap picture couldn't be closer to a "Thief's Greatest City Doors" tribute and I'm sure it's a total coincidence. Also a shot from out front last night. Come Halloween night the yard with be filled with the sounds of The Haunted Cathedral and other lovely audio cuts we all know and love. Happy Halloween everybody!

Thank you whomever fixed the photos. Google had me flummoxed apparently.

EDIT: Yeah that made no sense. Anyhoo figured out to create correct links and copied them to the original post but they still don't work.

You try to do something and it's always something!
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 21st Oct 2023 at 15:34.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Thank you whomever fixed the photos. Google had me flummoxed apparently.
    They're fixed? I only see the Lampfire Hills image that Azaran posted.

Thief has all the ingredients for scary Halloween fun. Creepy gothic arches, cobwebs, musty abandoned rooms, undead and huge spiders, and most importantly darkness and unsetlling ambient sounds. There's a lot of horror missions for T1/T2/TDM thanks to all the talented mappers out there.

I tend to find myself playing Thief more as the years end approaches. The shortening days and encroaching cold pair well with a game series focused on darkness.

FKA Buccura
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Nexus View Post
    Thief has all the ingredients for scary Halloween fun. Creepy gothic arches, cobwebs, musty abandoned rooms, undead and huge spiders, and most importantly darkness and unsetlling ambient sounds. There's a lot of horror missions for T1/T2/TDM thanks to all the talented mappers out there.
    There are def some fan missions that are must plays for me this time of year! Namely Rose Cottage, Deceptive Perception 1 and 2, Inverted Manse, Nosferatu, and Masque of the Red Death recently got added to that list.

Kubiac's (DrK) FM A Better Tomorow is pretty darn creepy. I just recently discovered it. I've only watched SneakyGuy's Let's Play of it; I haven't played it myself. But that one can give you some nightmares, maybe a little cardiac arrest!! *sheesh*

You can find it at Taffersparadise:
    https://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thief2missions.html

I just clicked Ctrl-f to find it: A Better Tomorrow

a direct link such as this just downloads it straightaway
    https://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/th...erTomorrow.zip