TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617

Thread: [30 Nov 2023] The Black Parade -- RELEASE THREAD

Just finished the mission, epic. It's easy to know why they took too many time doing this campaing, using a crappy editor like dromed. It was so amazing. Many thanks to the crew.

Enviado desde mi M2012K11AG mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by caqo; 6th Feb 2024 at 16:17.

need help running FM

I need some help playing this campaign, have been playing TG/T2/SS2 missions for years.

For some reason when playing this any time I try to equip a weapon with 1 or 2 the game instantly crashes, now I did wonder if it was a dodgy thief install but the other custom TG FM I have plays fine (using fm loader). I can walk around the mission and explore but the instant I try equip a weapon the game faults and closes instantly.

I dont quite remember what version of Tfix I have anymore but Im fairly certain its the full version with minimal settings (so no texture or model packs or anything like that) which I used on the steam version.

I maybe got a faulty download of the mission or perhaps its just a quirk of my install but felt it would be good to ask first if anyone else has had an issue like this with this or another FM, im more than happy to redownload TG add Tfix and re DL the FM to play this but obviously that would take a while so wanted to ask for advice first.

Are you loading it with T1/TG FMselect and not T2 FMselect because T1/TG missions will load up in T2 FMselect and it creates a lot of wierd stuff?

Or maybe your Tfixx is out of date?

Just finished this masterwork. My meagre thanks to everyone involved in the production! This was the closest thing to playing Thief for the first time since Thief 2.

As a trained architect who works as a concept artist in the game industry I can truly appreciate the amount thought and love that went in to the level design and gameplay. All the missions were thoroughly enjoyable, spatially interesting and well balanced. It was challenging, but I never had to even think about looking for help on the forums (which is the bane of many fan mission). Especially the second mission was a mindblowing masterpiece with all the verticality, interconnected spatiality and increasingly wacky design!

I feel solemn that it is over and absolutely delighted for the experience. Thanks again!

Walkthrough or you can view the individual missions in the All the Walks thread.

A huge thanks to Beauchlein for the many hours he spent replaying every mission and double checking every minor point.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Are you loading it with T1/TG FMselect and not T2 FMselect because T1/TG missions will load up in T2 FMselect and it creates a lot of wierd stuff?

Or maybe your Tfixx is out of date?
    The FMselect that loads up does technically say Thief 2 Final 1.25 [FMSel 1.1.2] but I dont recall if thats just an oversight since its definatly not loading Thief 2 and it had no issue with 'The Bracelet Of Melody' FM.
    I also dont really remember what version of Tfixx is on anymore, I suppose it would probably be best to just redownload the game and Tfixx it once more?

Quote Originally Posted by Neko_Baron View Post
    Thief 2 Final 1.25 [FMSel 1.1.2]
    You are using NewDark 1.25, which does not fully support the features included in The Black Parade. Please download the latest version of Tfix or Tfix Lite and reinstall your game. It must be NewDark 1.26 or 1.27.

I've been playing Thief since the pre-release demo in 1998, I think I had an account on here that predates this one I just don't recall the name/email.

Been playing fan missions since 1999. I remember Lord Edmund Entertains, Bloodstone Prison, all the classics, just finished The Black Parade on Expert last week

The Black Parade is easy the best fan mission compilation and surpasses T2X, I realize that isn't a fair comparison because the T2X team didn't have NewDark to play with and computers also weren't as fast 20 years ago.

Anyway Mission 9 Arcane Sanctum(Diablo 2 reference? I c wut u did there....) might just be the best fan mission ever made. I absolutely loved it.

When leaving Mission 9 and heading back to the spawn location I found the master key in the little guard area next to the bridge. I had no idea that was even there, lol. Also I released the monster in the lab on a bunch of NPCs that was fun

I made waaay too many savegames. I kept overthinking things. I thought the missions would be waaaay more complex then they turned out to be, they were still difficult but straight forward.

Just bought an OLED monitor and I have a brand new PC being delivered on Friday. Going to stream my second playthrough. Might play on Normal or Hard just to see the differences from Expert.

Bravo. It would take a miracle to top this.

I just finished the game and what an adventure it was. I do think mission 10 could have been more difficult than it was but it made up for it by being visually amazing and the very odd and dangerous new creatures were awesome. My favorite parts were in the outdoor scenes in mission 9 - Arcane Sanctum because they were brilliant and they really slowed down my computer.

Now to go back through some of the missions and find secrets and loot that I missed during the first run through.

I have serious problems downloading this mission.
    Is there another link from which I can try?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

is the black parade serie only playable with steam?

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    is the black parade serie only playable with steam?
    No, any version will work as long as you've got it updated properly with the latest version of newdark.

Brethren
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I have serious problems downloading this mission.
    Is there another link from which I can try?
    There are three links in the first post of this thread - do none of them work for you? What happens when you try?

Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    There are three links in the first post of this thread - do none of them work for you? What happens when you try?
    Sorry no, all give me the same error and I try to translate the answer: all sources could not be read.

Impresive Work!! niceee!! i will play in my new ASUS ROG Strix XG349C at 3440x1440.
    I Love Thief Atmosphere

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617