TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Black Parade Mission 8: Jaws of Darkness

The Black Parade Mission 8: Jaws of Darkness

This thread is about Jaws of Darkness, the eigth mission in The Black Parade. Please post all your questions and comments about this mission in this thread and not in the campaign release thread. Anything that is a general question or remark about the campaign, or covers more than one mission can be posted in the release thread.

Click HERE to go to the release thread.

Help

I'm a bit stuck on the spider part. I have the ancient library key. I have a feeling I'm missing something at the place with the silk, but no interactions work. How to progress?

Broken Copy

I've talked to a friend who has beaten this, and the way forward is exactly as I suspected. However, I can't, for whatever reason, interact with the silk. Nothing in any of the other missions was broken for me. What could be wrong?

You just have to frob the statue with the strings over it, no items needed. If that doesn't work, something has broken about the custom setup and we might need a save file to examine.

I finally managed to frob it by spamming while standing on top of the statue, but my harp stayed unstrung, so I am indeed soft-locked. I can send a save file if it's helpful, but I'm not sure how

The .sav files will be in the 'saves' folder within your Black Parade install. You can upload any that you have on the DromEd Discord, or PM the team there for easier file transfer.

Got everything, trying to go back to start, but ...

Going back to the start camp to end the level, I'm back at the Dolphin Pool, but can't find how to go up.
    Thanks.

Hello, Im stuck and dont know how to return to the campfire after receiving all objects from objectives. Can't reach roof hole in a room with small pool.. In another area there is a strange tombstone with small pressure plate on it but it doesnt change anything...

I need help getting into the Air portion , I can't figure out how to open the gate or the hatch where I can see a lever I think opens the gate

I found the way I did not search the water temple good enough
    Last edited by pwl; 6th Dec 2023 at 14:32.

wasn't able to complete loot objective on expert, but completed all other objectives on expert, i am pretty sure on way to get silk i just ran straight down to bottom and got out of there so probably missed the loot there as i searched for loot in other area's, i so cant wait to see how the people who hate spiders comment on this mission

moving on to mission 9

What does this weird hook do? I found it behind a secret frobable wall panel.

I finished this mission, but missed around 1000 in loot and so I assume there must be a big secret.

Awesome mission! These moving shadow entities creep me out. Especially in absolute darkness.

I'm at the same spot where the Dolphin pool is can someone tell me how to leave this area please? osdan and kolpawe must have made it out but they didn't leave a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I'm at the same spot where the Dolphin pool is can someone tell me how to leave this area please? osdan and kolpawe must have made it out but they didn't leave a clue.
    There is a way back up at the top of the big tall arched bridge that crosses the chasm between the two main objective areas. Can't climb back up the shaft above the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlock View Post
    There is a way back up at the top of the big tall arched bridge that crosses the chasm between the two main objective areas. Can't climb back up the shaft above the pool.
    Thanks I will go look for that area.
    Can you give me a better location is it the bridge where you enter from the dolphin pool??

Dang everytime I post to get more information I go looking and find it!!
    Last edited by pwl; 6th Dec 2023 at 21:56.

zomfg1234
    I finished this mission with 900 loot out of 3100 something, no idea what I missed except for the path behind bars that requires some kind of a lever to be activated, no idea where it is.

Can someone explain to me the logic of those "shadow" enemies in this mission? I don't get it. When I stop, they seem to stop too, but, I can't figure out the rest of their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by chk772 View Post
    Can someone explain to me the logic of those "shadow" enemies in this mission? I don't get it. When I stop, they seem to stop too, but, I can't figure out the rest of their behavior.
    Similar to Dr Who Angels they only move when you don't look at them.

Thanks!

Sounds familiar, but, I don't know from where.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I'm 20min into this mission, I haven't even seen a spider yet, and I'm already terrified. Well done.

awesome

Man this mission was amazing!I just love Necropolis stuff! It was so tense and the build-up was great, but I did not linger around or wander off very much because I wanted to get outta there, so I'm sure I missed some cool things. One of my favorites for sure so far.

I liked the mission, but, in the end, I felt like they almost packed a bit too much into it. At least, I was glad when it was over in the end. A feeling I already had with the one or the other mission before that. I think I prefer it a bit smaller, with more focus. Mission 7 before this was pretty much perfect in that regard. This one was a bit wild towards the end.

The desire to just get out of there by the end made me appeciate the thoughtful touch of seeing the forest in daylight on the way back to camp. It felt like a detox after all I'd been through in the level.

Finished on Expert with about 1000 short of total loot. Hated it. You know why. Glad it's over. *Proceeds to take a long shower*

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Finished on Expert with about 1000 short of total loot. Hated it. You know why. Glad it's over. *Proceeds to take a long shower*
    Hehe, kind of mirrors what I thought about it in the end. I also was short of over 1.000 loot. All that hiding from monsters pretty much made exploring everything a burden.

Dolphin pool

Quote Originally Posted by Schlock View Post
    Ooohh, thanks !!!, though I can't visualize where is that.
    Sadly Ctrl Alt Shift Ended at the pool, but finished the remaining missions without problems.
    Already uninstalled, I hope to go back one day as it is an incredibly gorgeous level.
    Absolutely stellar brilliant campaign, left me stunned.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast